First week of December?

Thanks again for all the info! Glad to say that my DH and I are going to MVMCP! :cool1:Our friends will be coming from another part of Florida and aren't interested! So excited!
Just finishing up our dining reservations:santa: 125 days left!:banana::woohoo:

There are great character opportunities even if you don't go to MVMCP. Goofy is dressed as Santa and Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Chip & Dale are dressed in Christmas clothing near entrance to Lion King at Animal Kingdom (Camp Minnie*Mickey?). We also found Lilo & Stitch in Christmas attire on the way there, as well. AND Pooh, Tigger, and Eeyore were dressed in Christmas scarves and hats off the pathway toward dino land -- also at AK. (Forgive me that I do not remember the exact names of these areas!)

But I'd suggest not missing MVMCP -- even if you have to schedule some time away from the other family. Those marching toy soldiers are spectacular--and were my favorite part of our December trip.

Make some ADR's, really. Don't go overboard, but pick parks you are going to go to each day and do a bit of pre-planning.

I went in Dec once - and it was FREEZING. The free dining plan was going on - and everything was booked - and places were not taking same-day or walk-ins. It was really, really nice to have a chance to get out of the cold at meals. Weather could be gorgeous, could be cold, could be hot, could be raining....

I LOVE Disney during this time! The decorations are so beautiful. You must resort hop! And go see the Candlelight Processional, the Osborne Lights and MVMCP!! The weather is usually warm in the day and cool at night!!

Great time of year to go, so many beautiful decorations. Candlelight procession is something not to be missed in EPCOT. Enjoy ! We will be down there too can not wait!:cool1:

We are going this week also. This thread is getting me excited to go!! :cool1:
I noticed the parade taping and would love to take DD9 to see some but I'm sure DS3 will not stay still for 10 minutes!

We have been at the first week of December. It was great, but this was about 12 years ago, before my wife and I had kids. The parks were not crowded at all and we walked on everything.

Now that our kids are in school, we do not get to go at that time. However, when we did it was great crowd wise.

We went last year at this time and it was our best trip ever! We had great weather and low crowds! We were lucky that we never ran into the Warner crowds. We also stayed at BLT and were able to walk to mk.

We were there last year during the first week of December and the crowds were light. It's a great time to go. We stayed at the Beach Club so there weren't any Pop Warner teams there ( I believe they mostly stay at POR and the All Stars). The Pop Warner teams are playing their games during the day so they won't really be in the parks during the day. To be honest, we didn't see any groups of them at night either.

We are going for our first trip this week too! A question about MVMCP-can we buy tickets the day before and still get the advance price?
If so, where would we do that? We are staying off-site at Emerald Island so the resort isn't an option.
Thanks!

We are going this week also. This thread is getting me excited to go!! :cool1:
I noticed the parade taping and would love to take DD9 to see some but I'm sure DS3 will not stay still for 10 minutes!

Sorry, but the parade taping is Saturday November 29th. We were there last year for the taping and also got to see them tape the Justin Bieber concert. It was fun to see the first taping, but it was more fun for the younger kids. My nieces were jealous for weeks and I have some awesome videos. We walked right on to most of the rides since folks were already lined up along the parade route for the parade taping.

My husband and I will be there Nov 29-Dec. 4th!! After reading this thread, SO glad I booked the CLP and bought tickets to MVMCP!! Can't wait to see the Osbourne lights either!!!!! So many things to be excited about!!! Only 99more days for me!!!!!!!!

I absolutely love going that time of the year (all my Christmas decorations are Disney). My husband and I went with his family the first year we had DVC the week after thanksgiving. It was when they were filming for the parade. It was so AWESOME to see that first hand.

Definitely go to all the resorts to see how they decorate and go to the Christmas party.

Enjoy every moment of it!

We were there the first week of December in 2010 (COLD!) and will be back this year for the same time. We went in mid November last year and temperatures were in the 80's so a couple of weeks could do a great difference for weather. Anyways, my favorite sight to see at WDW during the holiday season is the christmas tree at the Grand Floridian. There's also a gingerbread house there that I like to see as well. I also like seeing the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Hollywood Studios, but sometimes only catch the later part of the show. Looking forward to our next trip! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Sorry, but the parade taping is Saturday November 29th. We were there last year for the taping and also got to see them tape the Justin Bieber concert. It was fun to see the first taping, but it was more fun for the younger kids. My nieces were jealous for weeks and I have some awesome videos. We walked right on to most of the rides since folks were already lined up along the parade route for the parade taping.

We're going Thurs., Nov 29 to Sun, Dec 9 so we wll be there for it on Sat., Dec 1!!!!

we went in 2010, the weather was nice for 4 days then turned really cold,=50's during the day and 30's at night, we had pre planned and purchased our tickets well in advance,for the mvmcp, so we had no choice but to go, we had to buy gloves, hats, and jackets, was 4 layers deep, and still got very cold, so left before 9:00pm, also they film the ABC Christmas Day Parade usually the 1st Friday of December, so you will want to plan around crowds @ MK, also gets dark around 6:00, so make sure you pack clothes for all kinds of weather during this time of year, October was a much better visit, but the Christmas decorations were pretty, just be prepared

First, great thread!!!! :cool1: :santa: :cool1:

In answer to Richsm5 - I believe you can still get the "advance" price up to a couple of days before MVMCP. But you do risk that night's event being sold out.

We are going to be there Nov 29th - Dec 8th and are staying at POP! It is also our first Christmas timeframe visit to the "World" & WWoHP at Universal so DW and I are very excited. At this point our girls think we're going in December of 2013. Instead of a countdown calendar we've devised a bunch of Harry Potter picture clues that they'll have to put together to see our flight date (more info in my PTR).

We're from the Pacific Northwest so we're in the same boat as our Canadian friends here in that we'll probably be in shorts and t-shirts on days when others are bundled up in layers :beach:

One bit of advice I can offer if you are able to swing a character ADR during your trip. Book Crystal Palace in MK as close to 8am as you can get. It will allow you to enter before the park opens and get great photopass pics on Main Street/in front of the castle with no crowds. You can then eat and meet Pooh and pals and trek to whichever land you want ahead of the masses :goodvibes We're of course shooting for the new Fantasyland.

Happy Disney Holidays to all!!! :wizard:

Not going the first week but I have gotten some good tips from here for our trip Starting on the 17th!!! WooHoo!!! I am so excited!! Thanks!

I've been the last few years with Pop Warner - my daughter cheers - this year Pop Warner will be staying at All Star (generally football teams), Caribbean Beach and Coronado Springs (generally cheerleading teams). The cheerleaders all compete during the day and never get to the parks before 1pm. Pop Warner reserves Hollywood Studios on Thursday night for the final party - never been.

In 2010 - it was very cold - we are from New England and brought t-shirts and shorts and suffered. In 2011 - it was nice fall weather, generally warm during the days and cool at night. Still wore pants all week though.

Both years the park attendance was lite and Pop Warner spill over into the parks was very lite as well. We were able to get into Via Napoli, Chefs de France and La Hacienda without a reservation

We are going from December 5-16, 2013

The last time we were there it was December 2003. We loved all of the holiday decorations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter