First WDW trip Dec 2nd-9th, does this plan work?

clairabell29

Mouseketeer
We are going to WDW for the first time this week. I am a little freaked out and would like to know if I made the right plans or if I should change things around. It will be my DH, myself, my dad, and my 2 sons ages 4 and 15 months. Please let me know if I'm doing this right or if I should change things around or if I'm trying to do to much. We are disneyland vets and from the washington state. I've been preparing my kids for Florida time by getting up really early in the am. We do want to see a lot of charactors. I have gone with the crowd calender on Touring Plans. I have been reading as much as I can on here, but am still feeling very unprepared!!

Wed 2nd fly in at 730pm take the disney bus to ASMovies, check in, eat and go to bed by 10pm

Thursday 3rd get on bus to MK by 7am for RD at 8 EMH. Spend all day at MK. Arrive back at hotel by 830pm. Maybe go for a swim and go to bed. (also thinking about hubby and I doing MVMCP on this night just the 2 of us, it's hubby's 34th birthday)

Friday 4th Get on bus for AK by 8am for rope drop at 9am. Stay until close at 6pm. Park hop to Epcot to watch Fantasmic at 8pm. Send kids to hotel with Grandpa, hubby and I stay for EMH until 1230am. Get to bed by 130am.

Sat 5th Get on bus for Epcot at 8am for Rope Drop at 9am. Stay until close at 9pm watch Illuminations this night. Hop to MK for Spectromagic at 11pm. Send kids to hotel with Grandpa. Hubby and I stay for EMH until 1am. Get to bed by 230am.

Sunday 6th Sleep in. Get up and go check out some of the resorts. Get on Bus at 3pm for MVMCP. Arrive at MK by 4 for early check in. Enjoy MVMCP until midnight. Get back to hotel by 130am

Monday 7th Get to bus by 8am for DHS for rope drop at 9am. Stay until close at 7pm. Hubby and I hop to MK for EMH until 11pm. Get back to hotel by 1230.

Tuesday 8th Get on bus by 8am for MK rope drop at 9am. Stay until close at 7pm.

Wednesday 9th sleep in, check out of resort, go look at resorts until 230pm when we get on the bus for our flight at 530pm.

Is this too much? Should I switch some things around? :confused3We usually do Disneyland from 8am rope drop to midnight close. The kids sleep great in the stroller. We also have Grandpa with us to take the kids back to the hotel for naps and what not. This is my hubby's 1st birthday not in Iraq in several years. We're also celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary early.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!! Really hoping to get in a lot as this is probably our only trip here for MANY MANY years. Thank you so much!! :worship:

I always arrive at a Park for Rope Drop take a early afternoon break,go back to the resort,shower,rest a few minutes and head back to close a Park.But,since the All-day schedule works for you,I see nothing wrong with your plans.:)

You will be EXHAUSTED,but it will be a "good" exhausted.:)

I am sure it was just a typo but Fanatsmic! is at Hollywood Studios not Epcot and IllumiNations is at 9:30(not 9:00) in December.:)

I also wanted to mention that your schedule may be a little too "Magic Kingdom Heavy",but since you have never been you reallyy don't know which parks will turn out to be your favorites so you can adjust your schedule "on the fly" if you need to.:)

WDW is SO different than Disneyland.All four parks are AMAZING in their own ways.:)WDW IS HUGE!:)

I think your schedule looks great, and we are arriving on the same day you are. Your going to the MK (12/3), which we are also, but just wanted to mention that they are doing some taping for Christmas day showings on television (Thursday & Friday will be both Castle and Main Street USA performance tapings, while Saturday is the parade taping). I think its a good move to not be there on Saturday, and we have a similar schedule as you, as we are avoiding MK on those days except (12/3). Similar to your husband, My b-day falls on the same day and I wanted to go to the 12/3 MVMCP, unfortunately when I booked and purchased tickets when they where first available the person on phone stated they could see that date but couldn't purchase tickets. I was placed on hold for some time as they spoke with supervisors, and I think they where unsure at the time if the MVMCP would be held on that day. We got two other days which is ok by me, but would have preferred the night your going. Enjoy your time there and hope hubby enjoys his special day in MK...

The only real other event going on while your down there is the Pop Warner Football and Cheerleading Champsionships, here is some extra information:

http://www.popwarner.com/admin/calendar.asp

POP WARNER FOOTBALL
12/05/2009 - 1st Round Division II PWLS Super Bowl @ Disney’s Wide World of Sports Complex
12/06/2009 - 1st Round Division I PWLS Super Bowl @ Disney’s Wide World of Sports Complex
12/08/2009 to 12/09/2009 - 2nd Round Divisions I & 1st Round II PWLS Super Bowl @ Disney’s Wide World of Sports Complex
12/11/2009 to 12/12/2009 - Pop Warner Super Bowl Championships @ Disney’s Wide World of Sports Complex

POP WARNER CHEER & DANCE
12/07/2009 to 12/11/2009 - National Cheer & Dance Championships @ Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex

Mostly, These kids are really busy with either practices or games, so it should not impact park attendance all that much, as I have been down numerous times during this week.

Thank you so much for the correction! I actually had it written down wrong!

So now we will go to DHS on the 4th after we leave AK to watch Fantasmic at 8. We will then send the kids with Grandpa after its over and hubby and I will hop over to Epcot for the EMH.

Can we still catch an 11pm Spectro at MK if we do a 930pm illuminations at Epcot??

Illuminations...THEN Spectromagic? That concerns me...

You have a LOT of late nights...but you are younger than I...and perhaps have the stamina for that...:goodvibes

If you close down AK at 6pm...I don't think you'll be at F! for 8pm.....just IMHO.....

Please just remember to be flexible... My Teens couldn't do this schedule...HOWEVER my Teens can't take Stroller naps during the day.. :rotfl:

So just have a magical visit and always remember...Plans are meant to be broken if they aren't working out... :love:

I'm old. Back in "The Day" I used to hear that you could "fit" FOUR Disneylands into MK....But that was back before Epcot, DHS and AK were built...so just remember WDW is WAY more HUGE than Disneyland.....

Have Fun!

Mary

Thank you so much for the correction! I actually had it written down wrong!

So now we will go to DHS on the 4th after we leave AK to watch Fantasmic at 8. We will then send the kids with Grandpa after its over and hubby and I will hop over to Epcot for the EMH.

Can we still catch an 11pm Spectro at MK if we do a 930pm illuminations at Epcot??
It is possible to make it to Magic Kingdom in time for Spectromagic,but you will have to really "hustle".Everything would have to "fall into place".You would need to watch IllumiNations from the "Future World side" of World Showcase,IMMEDIATELY go to the Monorail station,monorail to the Ticket and Transportation Center,transfer to the Express Monorail and take it to Magic Kingdom.

To be honest,for a first-time Guest,it would be challenging,but could be done.:)

How long should I plan for bus rides between parks??
Buses run about every 20 minutes,so,worst case scenario,you could wait 20 minutes(or possibly more) on the "front end".The longest bus route(Animal Kingdom to Ticket and Transportation Center(where you would then Ferry or Monorail to Magic Kingdom)is about 15 minutes.From Magic Kingdom to Epcot,there is only Monorail service(Magic Kingdom to Ticket and Transportation center,then transfer to Epcot Monorail).From Epcot to Hollywood Studios there is bus service from Future World and boat service from World Showcase.

You can also take a bus to the nearest Resort to a Park.For example,you can take a bus from Animal Kingdom to Contemporary Resort and walk from there to Magic Kingdom.

Are you confused yet?:)

You could do it, you would really have to hussle. I did the opposite one time, watched Wishes at 8:00, over about 8:20, got to Epcot by 9:00. Watch Illuminations from the Future World side of the lagoon, run to the monorail, you should be able to get a standing spot in Town Square for Spectro.

Maybe I should change to watching illuminations instead of F! on the 4th and just do epcot that night. Then on the 6th leave Epcot at 9 to get to the 11pm spectromagic at mk? We could then try to hit F! on the 8th if we left MK by 430? Does that sound more do able? Thank you!

Maybe I should change to watching illuminations instead of F! on the 4th and just do epcot that night. Then on the 6th leave Epcot at 9 to get to the 11pm spectromagic at mk? We could then try to hit F! on the 8th if we left MK by 430? Does that sound more do able? Thank you!
Yes,that would give you more of a good "cushion".You won't be "stressed" worrying if you are going to make it or not.:)

Buses run about every 20 minutes,so,worst case scenario,you could wait 20 minutes(or possibly more) on the "front end".The longest bus route(Animal Kingdom to Ticket and Transportation Center(where you would then Ferry or Monorail to Magic Kingdom)is about 15 minutes.From Magic Kingdom to Epcot,there is only Monorail service(Magic Kingdom to Ticket and Transportation center,then transfer to Epcot Monorail).From Epcot to Hollywood Studios there is bus service from Future World and boat service from World Showcase.

You can also take a bus to the nearest Resort to a Park.For example,you can take a bus from Animal Kingdom to Contemporary Resort and walk from there to Magic Kingdom.

Are you confused yet?:)

WOW I guess I need to do more bus research! I thought they went strait from one park to another! Where is the Ticket and transportation center? I have to go there to activate my tickets on the 2nd I think. Is it a long drive from ASMo?

WOW I guess I need to do more bus research! I thought they went strait from one park to another! Where is the Ticket and transportation center? I have to go there to activate my tickets on the 2nd I think. Is it a long drive from ASMo?
There ARE direct buses between Epcot,DHS and DAK.The Ticket and Transportation Center is directly across Seven Seas Lagoon from Magic Kingdom.Buses from DAK and DHS come here and then Guests either Ferry or Monorail to MK.Between TTC and Epcot there is monorail service.The TTC is about 15 minutes from All-Star Movies.:)

Also if it were you would you go to 2 MVMCP one without kids and one with?
If money is not a concern,I say go for it.:)But it won't be a big "downer" if you only do it once.It is fun,but not an absolute "necessity" to enjoying WDW during the Holidays.:)

Thank you so much for the bus clarification. That helped a ton! Is an hour enough time to wait for the bus and get to rope drop?

Thank you so much for the bus clarification. That helped a ton! Is an hour enough time to wait for the bus and get to rope drop?
Yes,you should have no trouble making RD if you are at the Bus Stop an hour ahead of time.45 minutes would most likely be enough time,but I usually go with an hour myself.If you get to the Park a little early,it is still fun,because everyone is rested and excited anticipating the Park opening.:)

I know this is confusing,but I wanted to mention that if you need to go from All-Star Movies to Ticket and Transportation Center,the Movies bus will take you to the Magic Kingdom "side" of Seven Seas Lagoon(this is where the Resort buses go)and from there you would need to Ferry or monorail to TTC.There is no direct bus from the Resorts to TTC.:)

Just curious...why do you think you have to go to Ticket/Transportation Center to activate your tickets?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter