First WDW trip as a pregnant mommy!?!?

DanceRC28

Wife to Greg, mommy to baby Tyler and furbabies Gr
DH and I have been trying to conceive for 13 months and undergoing infertility treatments for about 4 months. We had Southwest credit that was going to expire, so we said let's go ahead and book a trip. Then right before x-mas, I found out that I am finally expecting. I will be almost 9 weeks when we leave for the trip. Any tips from other mommies out there who did WDW while pregnant?

Congratulations!!!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

As far as going to Disney pregnant, you won't be very far along so you don't have too much to worry about. Just make sure you drink a lot of water and rest whenever you feel tired.

There is a lot of debate on what you can ride and what you can't. Personally, I didn't take any chances and have never felt like I missed out on anything. I've been pregnant 3 out of the last 5 times we went and nursing the other 2!

Just take it easy, have fun and celebrate the fact that after a lot of physical and emotional frustration, you are going to have a baby!!!:yay::yay::yay:

Congrats!! Drink lots of water and eat frequent small meals to ward off morning sickness. Be sure to bring along some healthy snacks. I wouldn't ride anything that is bumpy like the Safari ride at AK.

I went to WDW in Sept at about 13 weeks pregnant. I was fine. I obeyed all of the signs that say expextant mothers should not ride except for 2. I did do the safari at Animal Kingdom and thought that was completely harmless. I also got on Dinosaur (I think that's Epcot but right now I can't remember - maybe AK??). The attendant told me it was no worse than the safari. Let's say that taking the opinion of a 20 something male wasn't the smartest thing I've ever done! I would definitely not recommend that one!! Other than that, I rested while my family went on rides that I couldn't, stayed out of the sun as much as possible & drank a ton of water. I had a great time - hope you do too!

congrats!!!!

go and enjoy your vacation! when i was 9 weeks pg we went to ireland. at 18 weeks we went to rome and at 25 weeks we went to disney! once baby comes you will be so glad you went on vacation!

any ride with a warning should be skipped - not worth the wait. i would just wait with DH and then take the chicken exit and wait in the gift shop and look for baby stuff :)

when you fly, get up every half hour or so to stretch your legs. if you aren't taking it already, talk to your ob about taking baby aspirin. that is especially helpful to prevent blood clots.

have a wonderful time. and a huge congrats!!

Congratulations!!! You should be just fine. Just take any precautions that you would at home to ward off morning sickness if you have it and avoid any of the rougher rides.

While I haven't been to Disney while PG up until this point, we are going there the first week of March when I will be 28-29 weeks PG. I'm just going to make sure I drink lots of water, have some healthy snacks, and rest when I need to. That shouldn't be difficult since my oldest DD is tall enough to ride all of the rides, but the youngest is not, so we'll be riding tame rides or taking a break while DH and DD ride the bigger rides.

Have fun on your trip and congratulations again!

Nine weeks is about the time that morning sickness became really...well.. comfortable for me. So, please make sure that you place some crackers, cheerios, jolly ranchers, something in your bag, because you never know when those pesky hormones will cause to not feel so well. But, have a blast!! Rest when you need to rest, drink plenty of water and keep something on that tummy. HAVE FUN!!! ENJOY THAT BABY!

Congrats!

I went last year when I was about 28wks pregoo and did just fine. I took more breaks and just made sure I drank enough.

Congratulations!

I was 15 weeks pregnant on our last Disney trip. As PP said, take it easy with frequent breaks. I also followed the warnings on rides and did not ride any I though might be rough. It was a bummer to have to sit out most of my favorite rides, but the final result is worth it! Now we are planning DS first trip to the world!

Thanks for all the helpful replies! I am currently trying for baby #3 but also want to take my 3 and 5 yr old to Disney in November. I was a little worried about not being able to ride the rides with them, but reading the above posts it won't matter!

I went this year at 21 weeks pregnant. Just take your time and carry tons of snacks and water. you will eant to eat tons of small meals though out the day and be well hydrated. It also gives you a chance to take a slower pace and enjoy the sights and people watch more.

I went to Disneyland when I was about 15 or 16 weeks pregnant. It was our first trip west, and I hate to say it, but it seemed like every single ride had the disclaimer. Remember...these are postings are not done by medical doctors...they are done by Disney corporation management and designed to prevent liability should anything come up.

Now is when everyone can call me reckless...but I went on just about everything (not California Screamin'). I also talked with my OB before I went (who, as it turned out, was a big Disney Parks fan) and he said, based on my own health, that I should do what I was comfortable...within reason. "Nothing like bungee jumping," to paraphrase.

I won't say that on a few occasions when my now born child was going crazy that I blamed it on the fact that I rode Space Mountain while pregnant :rotfl:. Talk to your doc...see what s/he says...congrats and have a great trip!

Congrats! :)

I've done Disney multiple times while pregnant...everywhere from 8 weeks along to about 34. Each trip was fantastic! I think the hardest part about doing it in the first trimester is the morning sickness and needing to pee constantly. Just make sure you stay hydrated and be prepared for lots of bathroom breaks. ;)

Oh, and I rode most rides aside from the ones they suggest you don't (Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, etc). That's one of the great things about WDW. Most of the rides are pregnant lady friendly. We also did Islands of Adventure one year when I was pregnant and I think I was pretty much limited to the Dr. Seuss carousel in Seuss Landing. It was pretty boring. :p

Get an Rx for Zofran if you don't have one already. Miracle drug, even if you are just queasy! My doc says 8w is about when the nausea ramps up, so be prepared. Also, you can expect food aversions if they haven't started already so make sure you pack some snacks you know you can handle. I make sure I eat about every 2 hours and I never get nauseated.

I will be going at 22w in April so I'll be further along than you, but I plan on still having lots of fun. WDW is a great place to vacation pregnant. There is still so much to do - Congrats!

First, Congrats! I know what it is like to try and fail, and when you finally succeed...

I've been to Disney pregnant several times. I have to say, it's not worse than being home and pregnant--and that is coming from someone that has not-so-easy pregnancies. The big thing is to discuss it with your OB first. The rest, is pretty much the same whether your 9 weeks pregnant or 9 months pregnant. HERE is a pretty good source for pregnancy tips. All Ears has some good tips too!

Congrats to you again!!

I had unexplained infertility for 6 years then became pregnant with my second daughter as a surprise! I had already scheduled our trip to WDW. My older DD was 5.
I was about 3 months along when we went to WDW. I had horrible morning sickness and almost lost it a few times on the plane. I had to eat crackers in the AM and some smells really set me off. I drank a lot of white soda. I did ride the Kilamanjaro Safari at AK and was fine. I am not a roller coaster girl so that wasn't a problem. I also used Sea Bands which can be found at any pharmacy and helped with my nausea. I always tell my younger DD the first time she went to WDW she was in my tummy:)

Ditto what the PP said about Zofran... I went at 12 weeks this past March and let me tell you I felt amazing for the first 2 days (I ran out of Zofran long story)On the third day I took dramamine (dr said to try) and I felt horrible... but like everyone else said just rest and drink lots of water & keep small snacks with you and try to eat real food at some point during the day.

Congratulations!

Thank You for asking this question first. I was coming on this morning to ask the same thing.

We found out last Tuesday that we are pregnant with #6 after 17 months of trying. We don't know exactly how far along I am since i am still nursing my youngest. I should be just about as far along as you are when we get there in 20 days. We leave for a long 2 day car ride to get to Florida in 18 days. I am thinking that we will be due the end of August since exactly 8 years earlier to the day we found out that we were pregnant with our 2nd child and she was due August 31st. Sounds like I don't have too much too worry about since we aren't rollercoaster people and the 2 youngest are too little to go on them anyways.

Heres to a happy and morning sickness free pregnancy.

Sounds like I don't have too much too worry about since we aren't rollercoaster people and the 2 youngest are too little to go on them anyways.

That reminds me. Going pregnant is good practice for going as a mommy. I haven't ridden any thrill rides since 2006 because DD can't ride them. We just skip those altogether. Plus you have to go at such a slower pace with little ones. Last trip we spent almost as much time resting as park-hopping!

I went last year at 28w and did fine! (I'm an older mommy so I was a bit worried about being over tired etc.) At 9 weeks I was feeling miserable ... morning sickness, couldn't stand to brush my teeth .. it was bad! So keep that in mind! Not sure if at 9 weeks you will need them but I can't stress enough how WONDERFUL croc's were on my feet! I never owned a pair but I kept hearing how great they were so I figured if I was heading into my 3rd trimester at Disney I'd give them a shot! They were so comfortable, like walking on a cloud!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter