• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First visit to Aulani - the good and bad

Mike - We are a family with young kids but we are going to travel to HI without them given the price. (anniversary trip) I want to stay at Aulani but my husband is worried we will feel out of place without kids with us and thinks we should stay elsewhere. Did you feel out of place for traveling there without kids? Is it really just a family hotel?

Thanks,
Sue

Hi Sue! Firstly, congrats on your anniversary, and have fun planning your trip! Being completely honest, my wife and I didn't feel out of place at all. Yes, there are plenty of kids around, and many things geared toward children, but everything is there for a couple to enjoy themselves too. The resort is geared toward all guests - not just families. There are definitely quieter areas of the resort, and places to enjoy as a couple - particularly in the evenings. We enjoyed the restaurants, lounges, pools, and beach along side other families and definitely felt like we were a million miles away from reality.

I could go into greater detail - feel free to drop me a PM if you'd like to discuss more, or if you have any specific questions!

Mike

we were just a couple at aulani for 9 days......felt like it was made for us. Quiet pool, the balcony at front desk area is great to just sit and watch the sunset, so enjoy!

DenLo - I would be happy to post a few photos - just not sure how to upload them. It seems like they have to be hosted on a website somewhere?

NY Mike could you post your room number and view photo to wdrl's thread, Aulani Villas & Views?

Same for everyone that is planning a trip this year. Thanks.

we were just a couple at aulani for 9 days......felt like it was made for us. Quiet pool, the balcony at front desk area is great to just sit and watch the sunset, so enjoy!

And then the outdoor area of the bar directly below the balcony of the main building is a great place to unwind after the sunset!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter