• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First Visit - SSR or POFQ

Shinji4u

Worrior of Doom
Hi everybody,

I'd like to ask you about youre opinion.

We have the possibility to choose between SSR and POFQ for our first trip ever.

We are 3 adaults and staying for 2 weeks WITHOUT car!

The studio in SSR would be about 200 dollar cheaper, but that's not important for our disission.

We are unsure about SSR because of the sofa and the hugh dimensions of the resort without car.
POFQ would be nicer because of two Queen beds, freshly renovated and the small area, but SSR has an balcony, larger rooms and a kitchen?

What do you think?

My vote would be POFQ. I think part of the experience of staying on-site is the incredible theming of the resorts and feeling as if you are away from the "real world." I don't get that feeling at SSR. POFQ is beautiful.

As far as the pros for SSR, extra space is the room is definitely nice, esp. for a two-week stay. In a studio, there isn't a full kitchen but rather a kitchenette.

Enjoy your trip.

I have stayed with two other adults in SSR and three other adults in POR (same as POFQ) and I felt we had more room at POR.

The only difference that is nice about SSR is its closer proximity to DTD and the balcony.

But the downsides far outweighed the good stuff. Making that bed every night and trying to find places to put the cocktail table and pillows was a nightmare. Not nearly enough closet or drawer space; one sink, and a lot of space taken up by the entryway made it not so desirable.

And we were only there for 8 days; I cannot imagine two weeks.

Another vote for POFQ. SSR is BEAUTIFUL, but I agree with the above points mentioned.

Have a great trip!

You didn't say if you would be staying @ SSR on DVC points or on a cash reservation. If you are on a cash reservation, you will get daily housekeeping. I'm voting against the grain. While I haven't stayed @ POFQ, I Have stayed many times at SSR on points and on a cash reservation. You said you were staying for two weeks, so you might really enjoy the amenities that they have at SSR like the free laundry room, the kitchenette, which has a decent sized fridge, the gym and spa, the ability to easily walk to DTD.

POFQ for me. I just love the place, the transportation is superior, I love the theming, and everything is close to everything else.

HB

yes, I'd choose POFQ over Saratoga Springs also for all the reasons others have stated.....and the extra few minutes that it takes to get to Downtown Disney on the water taxi from POFQ is one of the most enjoyable reasons why I stay there over Saratoga Springs every time!
And the walk up to Port Orleans Riverside is so enjoyable also and since you won't have a car the choice of an extra food court and sit-down dining there is great!
good luck choosing!

Our family of 5 normally stays at SSR. We are staying at the Treehouses in February (6-11,11).
We are also stayed at PO. The walk from the room to the main building was long. It took about 10 minutes.
Yes it is like that for the SSR but the SSR has a fridge and microwave the PO didn't.
I love the views at SSR. It felt more open than the views at PO.
Good luck HAVE FUN at Disney!

Hi everybody,

I'd like to ask you about youre opinion.

We have the possibility to choose between SSR and POFQ for our first trip ever.

We are 3 adaults and staying for 2 weeks WITHOUT car!

The studio in SSR would be about 200 dollar cheaper, but that's not important for our disission.

We are unsure about SSR because of the sofa and the hugh dimensions of the resort without car.
POFQ would be nicer because of two Queen beds, freshly renovated and the small area, but SSR has an balcony, larger rooms and a kitchen?

What do you think?

we had 2 double beds last stay at POFQ:confused3and staff told me it was (over) due for room rehabs.

CSR has queen beds in the moderate category

I love SSR but have to say you made the right choice. I have stayed at both and to me the value of a DVC is in the one bedrooms. The studios with that sofa bed and a hallway that takes up square footage all make it tough to stay in for very long. You can make it work by putting the ottoman in the hallway but then again, who wants to do that for two weeks. Again, I love SSR and the balcony is wonderful and the multiple pools are awesome but for three adults for two weeks, you will be better off in a standard hotel room.

You will have the pools at POR to use, the Scat Cats Lounge is wonderful and a food court is so nice to have. I like Artist Palette (the SSR counter serve) but a food court will offer more choices for your longer stay.

I have to echo the fact about the Scat Cats Club at POFQ - especially on Wed - Sat when Elliot Dyson plays. He is really entertaining. No matter where we stay at Disney (or even Universal), we make it a point to go see him. The music he plays is great and he really gets the crowd involved.

For a longer stay I would choose SSR as there is more space and more options right there on the resort site.

I personally love SSR. For the length of your stay I would choose SSR simply because there is more space in your room as well as more things to do right there...Maybe I'm partial because it's my home resort, but I just love it!

For a longer stay I would choose SSR as there is more space and more options right there on the resort site.

While there are more options for recreation at SSR, I would have to disagree on more space in the studio. As I stated in my previous post, I stayed in the studio with two adults and at POR with three and I felt we had more space at POR with four people, than at SSR with three people.

Too much room taken up by the entry way.

Smaller closet was taken up by bedding from the sofa bed and a vacuum cleaner.

You had to figure out where to stash the cocktail table and the sofa pillows every time you opened the sofa bed - you could barely get to the sliding glass door.

Not enough room in the sink area; only one sink.

Less drawer space to stow items; one person had to live out of their suitcase practically.

With four people at POR, we had plenty of storage space and closet space and two of us shared each sink.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter