First visit next week!!

Allison4403

Earning My Ears
I've never been to Disney anything. Hubs went to WDW in high school, but we are taking our sweet 5 year old to DL next week. She doesn't,now, and I'm accumulating quite the box of crap in preparation.

We are on a strict budget, but have been buying GCs at Target, and are splurging on Ariel's for lunch, and lunch at Blue Bayou once.

Only concern is my husbands disability (failed back syndrome), but hopefully he is able to make it all three days.

So excited!

I don't have any questions, just wanted to share. :)

How exciting! I bet DD's going to be thrilled!

I, too, hope your hub's back holds out. If not, remember there are a ton of low impact things that can be done to enjoy the magic!

Have a great time - it is a wonderful vacation!

5 is an excellent age for Ariel's Grotto - she will have a blast!

Her little head is going to EXPLODE when we tell her.

I'm totally milking it, too.... The fact that she's not old enough to catch on. I bring up DL every couple of days... Asking her if she knows if a certain princess is there, asking if she will take us when she is grown up and has a job, etc, lol. I'm not above emotional manipulation of a 5 year old.

Her little head is going to EXPLODE when we tell her.

I'm totally milking it, too.... The fact that she's not old enough to catch on. I bring up DL every couple of days... Asking her if she knows if a certain princess is there, asking if she will take us when she is grown up and has a job, etc, lol. I'm not above emotional manipulation of a 5 year old.

Emotional manipulation of kids that age is a perk of being a parent. I mess with my 4 yo all the time. It's great. Of course she is becoming the smart alec herself so that gets interesting but can't be mad at her when I taught her.

Allison how exciting for you! I also am not above child manipulation, I surprised my 17 year old kept teasing her we were traveling to the big city (we live in a small town) because my friend and I heard of some great "walking parks". I kept asking if she was taking her camera, if we needed our camcorder, what she was packing. etc. She would look at me every time with a weird look and wonder why if we were just "walking in the parks?" We really did go walk in the parks....The Disney Parks. mooohaaaaaa!

You take it easy when your hubby is worn down, ice cream and people watching is fun. Plenty of benches to kick back chill too. And always a break to the room is nice for all to beat the heat!

Have a blast cant wait to read how it goes!

We tried that with our kids for our trip this summer. My wife finally gave in and told them tho. They can't wait. Have fun!

We'll be there next week too!! Hope you guys have a fantastic time!!

Please know that you can rent a wheelchair if your husband's back gives him too much trouble!

I had a lot of trouble with one of my feet when I was on a solo trip in 1995. I went to the First Aid station to ask if I could rent crutches. They didn't have those, but told me to rent a wheelchair. I hesitated because I knew that meant I would be able to skip a bunch of the lines and I didn't want to take advantage.

They told me that if I needed it, even temporarily rather than permanently, then it wasn't taking advantage. I really appreciated that I didn't have to slow down because of an injured foot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter