• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First visit in a long time

albertro

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

After letting our APs expire, it's been 7 years since we visited Universal Orlando. Now that our daughter is 8, it is time to return since now she can ride many attractions. We have the military pass for 3 parks and plan to go from May 24-26, 2022. We were thinking on buying the Universal Express Unlimited for IOA and the Universal Express (One Time) for Studios. The third day we will visit Volcano Bay and maybe repeat some rides at IOA.

Do you think is a good plan to buy the Universal Express ahead of our arrival?

Thanks in advance!

Do you think is a good plan to buy the Universal Express ahead of our arriva
depends

i’ve been there that time period, pre-covid was never particularly busy; even Memorial Day weekend was do-able. Mother’s Day weekend seemed far more crowded.

you don’t mention if you are a local or staying at a resort off or ‘onsite’. If you will be booking a resort, might want to keep an eye on the rates at the properties that offer the FOTL perc & run the numbers.

Not sure if the properties still offer decent military rates or not. Believe you need to call them. Otherwise, upgrading one of the tix to an AP would qualify you for any AP rates that may be released.

good luck planning your trip.

depends

i’ve been there that time period, pre-covid was never particularly busy; even Memorial Day weekend was do-able. Mother’s Day weekend seemed far more crowded.

you don’t mention if you are a local or staying at a resort off or ‘onsite’. If you will be booking a resort, might want to keep an eye on the rates at the properties that offer the FOTL perc & run the numbers.

Not sure if the properties still offer decent military rates or not. Believe you need to call them. Otherwise, upgrading one of the tix to an AP would qualify you for any AP rates that may be released.

good luck planning your trip.

Thanks for your reply.

We are not locals, will be staying offsite since got a really good deal on the hotel. We were looking at the Express thinking on been able to do all the rides in the 2 days we have planned for IOA/US.

I think only 3 rides don't have EP. Hagrids, Velocicoaster and the Flyers one (kid ride). If you can afford it, I'd do at least 1 day of EP. But thats bc I don't want to stand in long lines in the heat. We are going that same week, but the 1/2 half of the week. Idk how busy it will be, but we are staying at HRH so we'll have EP.

I think only 3 rides don't have EP. Hagrids, Velocicoaster and the Flyers one (kid ride). If you can afford it, I'd do at least 1 day of EP. But thats bc I don't want to stand in long lines in the heat. We are going that same week, but the 1/2 half of the week. Idk how busy it will be, but we are staying at HRH so we'll have EP.

From what I research those are the rides that don't have express, so we can do them early in the morning, then use EP for the rest. We don't like long lines either and doing 90 minutes in line with an 8y/o will not be fun. That is why we are considering EP at least for IOA, maybe we can wait until we got there for Studios. Thanks for your reply!

Generally, the cost of the Express will increase as you get closer to your date. However, EP is non-refundable and can't change dates. So, if your designated IoA date is terrible weather, you are just SOL for the EP cost (because there won't be lines in the rain so your EP is of minimal benefit, and you can't just switch your days if you're locked into a specific park with the EP). IoA is the more difficult park in the rain as there are more outdoor rides that close.

You could book a room at Royal Pacific for May 24th for $384. That means you'd have unlimited Express Pass included with your room for 2 days (24th and 25th). Even if you don't sleep in the room and just pick up room keys early on the 25th (your room key is your express pass) then that works out to $64 per person, per day for unlimited express pass.

You could book a room at Royal Pacific for May 24th for $384. That means you'd have unlimited Express Pass included with your room for 2 days (24th and 25th). Even if you don't sleep in the room and just pick up room keys early on the 25th (your room key is your express pass) then that works out to $64 per person, per day for unlimited express pass.

Thanks for the tip. :thumbsup2
Just Book a room at Royal Pacific. Got it for $409, but still less than the $700+ that we were going to pay for the 2 days of Express.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter