FIRST Vacation And You know it HAD to be Disney ;-)

MorganR

Bambi's #1 fan
Hello Disboards! My name is Linda and I'm going to be sharing My Family Vacation experience with you all Today :smooth:
I don't have my own account...So i'm using my Daughter in Laws since she uses it more than i do..I'm more of the..sit back and watch on this site haha :earboy2:
Let me tell you a little bit about myself first before I share My Disney Vaca..:teleport:
First my name is Linda Rodriguez :wave: I'm 43 Years old...And am a die hard Disney Fan like most of you :earsgirl:
I live in deep south Texas and have rarely ventured into the outside world...Going to Florida/Disney was my first time in my 43 years of life being out of the state! :earseek:
I have 3 Children...My oldest, Joel, who is 22 :stitch2:. My Middle Child, Kassandra, Who is Freshly 18 :eek:. And My baby, Jazmin, who is 7 :bride:.
I also have two "add on" Children! My Daughter in Law,22....and My Grandson Jordan who is 4 :smickey:

Back to the Disney Side of this Post haha
I had always been a Disney obsessed Mother and Person..So when I got My Income tax return Last year i knew it would be the best idea. MAINLY I decided to do the vacation because My Daughter Kassandra was graduating High school and also going to College :banana:
And Me being how I am..I decided to make it a Surprise. Not only for My Daughter but for All My kids. I also Invited My Daughters Best friend Alyssa as another Surprise! My Daughter in law was the only one who new since I needed someone with experience in Disney vacation planning...and she is the ultimate Disney ANYTHING Planner haha

We departed from our home in Texas to Florida on August 3rd, 2015!
We drove there and back in my 3 row Trail blazer :drive: :rotfl2:It wasn't the most AMAZING Ride...but we pulled on our game faces to enjoy our trip :woohoo:

We arrived Sooner than our GPS had said we would arrive...and since our reservations where to check into our hotel (All Star Sports) on the 5th...I spent what felt like hours at the front desk to get the Extra day! :teeth:

Here are some of the Pictures of our Journey and Arrival...

McAllen-Pharr-20120604-00056.jpg

-Picture I took of My Gorgeous Kassandra before we left and stopped for a bite to eat...

Blind Folded.jpg

-As we got closer to our destination...I blindfolded All the kids so they wouldn't see any of the road signs or scenery to be able to guess where we were headed :lovestruc

Surprise.jpg

-The Reveal! Surprised My Oldest As we crossed the Front gate sign and the Little ones didnt understand fully till we got to the park haha :flower:

Link to Our Reveal Video that My Son took:

Linda and Kassie.jpg

-After the Reveal we shed a few Happy Tears and I got a Loving Hug from ALL My Children :love1:

Linda4.jpg

-Me being..Well..ME...I had to stop and take a quick Pic :woohoo:

Group10.jpg

-After getting our room for the extra day and settling in...We took advantage of the rest of the evening and found out there was "Magic Hours" For Magic Kingdom...So..thats where we went party:

Group11.jpg

-Then I Jumped in :wave:

Thank you all in Advance for Reading and Replying to My new thread! Sorry if its not as glamorous as most..but it IS My first time posting :surfweb: Hope you all Enjoy..I will update soon :jumping1:

Last edited:
Hello there again! Here to Post Day 2 of our Trip! :wave2:

Day 2: August 5th :yay:
The only down side to our day that day is once we got there (At rope drop) it started pouring raining! So we all scrambled back to the hotel...Waited...then after it all settled down...we went BACK to Animal Kingdom :moped:

Here are the Pictures of our Awesome 2nd Day, Enjoy! :flower3:

Kassie, Alyssa, and Jazmin.jpg

-The Girls Together waiting in line for the bus to Animal Kingdom...BEFORE the Rain :eek:

Group9.jpg

-After coming back..Rain didn't last that long (Thankfully we Came prepared with Rain gear!) :umbrella: ...Back at Animal Kingdom and decided to Pose for the Camera! :teeth:

Group4.jpg

-Group pic as we entered Dino-USA :earsgirl::earsboy:

***If your wondering why My "Adopted kids"..My Daughter in law and Grandson aren't in the pics...Because SHE is planning out her own side of the trip in a Separate Trip Report :smickey:

Group.jpg

-Jungle Book Character Meet :cool2:

Group2.jpg

-Safari Donald Duck! He was awesome with Us...:donald:

Linda, Jazmin, and Donald3.PNG

-My Jazmin threw the whole Trip was on edge about the Characters...But Donald made her feel much better :yo-yo:

Group3.jpg

-Safari Mickey ::MickeyMo

Linda3.jpg

-After meeting Several more Characters and riding a few rides...we got to the more back part of the park to the bigger rides...Stopped at Expedition Everest to take a little break from all the Walking :worship:

Linda and Jazmin3.jpg
-And since My baby was too small for most BIGGER rides...I stayed behind with her while the bigger kids went and had fun :p:mickeybar

End of day.jpg
-End of The day pic...Barely day 2 and the girls are tapping out at the early hour of 10:30 P.M! :joker:

Thank you again for Riding along with me while I post and share our vacation with you all! Will update again later today or Tomorrow for Day 3!:thanks:

Who here has any tips for new Disney Vacationers like myself? ....ANY you can think of! I may have my helpers (Kids) at home but id like to hear fed back from my readers on tips and tricks! Maybe even a few Disney Hacks? :stir:

Till next time! Adios... pixiedust:

Last edited:
Part 3/Day #3 :rainbow:
August 6th
Day #3 is kindov short but we still had a great day that day :)
Didn't rain but there where a few clouds peeking at us along the way....other than that..it was HOT! :earseek:

Linda and Jazmin2.jpg

On this Day we spent it at Hollywood Studios or as My Daughter in law calls it..."MGM" :woohoo:
I Myself really enjoyed this Park...I'm very old school and Love classy things...and this park was just the park for ME :cool2:

Southwest Orange-20120614-00176.jpg
-My Adorable Baby :lovestruc

IMG-20120614-00160.jpg

-Mickey Hat! :smickey:

Group13.PNG

Really like this group picture in front of the Mickey Hat :smickey:
My Favorite ride in this park had to be the Great Movie Ride...Brought back memories from all my oldie movies i still have on VHS haha :rotfl2:

Linda, Joel, and Kassie.jpg

Picture break with My two oldest Babies...We had such a great time :goodvibes

Southwest Orange-20120614-00162.jpg
Southwest Orange-20120614-00166.jpg
Southwest Orange-20120614-00175.jpg
Southwest Orange-20120614-00181.jpg

-A few Random Pictures I captured along the walk threw the Park!

Castle.JPG

End of day picture!
YES..it is not a sight you would see in MGM haha but since MGM closed early and we noticed Magic Kingdom had the extended hours...we decided to go back and enjoy the park some more for the remainder of the night :hug:

This is My first ever trip here to WDW and I must say it grew on me...I have always been a big fan and admirer. As i sit here writing this Trip Report i'm feeling i might be having some Disney Withdrawals haha
Anyone else feel that way after a Trip?

In your Best opinion...When is the BEST time to visit Walt Disney World?
I felt when we went it rained a little too much and was groggy and humid...Never been outside of Texas so i don't know if that is normal for Florida also...Because we definitely have that down in TEXAS haha :lmao:
And again any tips or Hacks for new Comers like me? :disrocks:

Last edited:

Updated the two Previous Days! Forgot a few Pictures that were in another folder :eek::eek::eek:

Part 4/Day #4
:welcome:

Another Day At Walt Disney World with the Family :grouphug:
We have had the most amazing time so far...Only down side was the rain! :umbrella:
We decided to go Back to Magic Kingdom...We stayed till it started to rain, went back to Hotel to wait for it to settle and I took that time to Wash a few loads of Laundry we had since some of the WET clothes were starting to stink :eek:

Group14.PNG
Jazmin4.PNG
-The smile on her face was worth Getting Soaked on by Mother Nature :angel:

Southwest Orange-20120615-00206.jpg
Southwest Orange-20120615-00207.jpg
-We actually woke up EARLY to rope drop and saw the Welcome/Good morning Show :cheer2:

Southwest Orange-20120614-00191.jpg
-Captured the Rain while we were in line for The Disney Junior Showing at MGM (At Daughters Request we went to MGM...JUST for that...since Daughter in law saw on her app there wasn't a long wait time! :surfweb:)

Kissimmee-20120610-00083.jpg
-As the Rain was pouring down..Everyone was scrambling to the buses.....Sadly for all the people trying to leave back to the Hotels there was only a small Hand full of buses at a time...:eek: :umbrella:

Kassie and Jazmin2.jpg
-I put my phone down for a minute to go use the RR and these weirdos took a selfie :lmao:

To be Continued... pixiedust:

Day#4 Part 2
:rainbow:

Joel and Jazmin5.JPG
Joel and Jazmin2.JPG
-Brother and Sister :love2:

Linda and Jazmin7.JPG
-Mommy and her Princess :love2:

Linda and Joel.jpg
Linda, Joel, and Jazmin.jpg
-Love these pictures we took inside the Cinderella Castle :grouphug:

Southwest Orange-20120615-00234.jpg
-Late night Ride on the Carousel before the Parade Starts :mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar

Southwest Orange-20120615-00232.jpg -Seated and Ready! :cheer2:

Southwest Orange-20120615-00213.jpg Southwest Orange-20120615-00227.jpg -Parade pics! Was the First parade we actually got time to sit and watch! We really enjoyed it.. :banana:

Thank you for reading My Updates! I didn't expect to have this must fun going down memory lane and writing this Trip report! :laughing:
Let me know what you guys think so far..Fed back is greatly appreciated!
:disrocks:

Day #5

:jumping1:

This Day was definitely more lazy for us and took it slower than the other days...We decided to try Epcot for a bit..and Go more later on in the day back to Magic Kingdom!
I tried my first turkey leg and almost had an Anxiety Attack on the Mission Space ride haha
We had no clue that the ride had two sections...The normal more intense side and the...as my son called it..."The baby version" hahaha :rotfl2:
For lunch (Since the Turkey leg didn't really fill me and the kids up) we went to go eat at Epcot's Italian Restaurant...popcorn::
Then for Dinner we actually had reservations...for The SiFi Dinner Theater..Which I LOVED :love:

Pictures from the Day...

Southwest Orange-20120616-00239.jpg -Great Shot I got as we were arriving to Epcot :earsgirl:

Southwest Orange-20120616-00240.jpg

-My Nut haha :earboy2:

Southwest Orange-20120616-00238.jpg
-Really liked the ride inside This "Golf Ball" haha
Is it true it goes threw Magic Kingdoms Space Mountain also? :confused3

Southwest Orange-20120611-00120.jpg
-As the Day went on..The Sun started to come out more and more and Decided it didn't want us to go threw the day without a little struggle :eek:
Had to buy this Little fan spray thing...That was a GIANT 20$...So that My Baby could have some relief :beach:

Kissimmee-20120613-00157.jpg
-After our Morning/Afternoon was over and our Tummies were full with Pasta, Pizza, and Bread :lmao:We went back to the Hotel because the Bigger kids were going to go to Blizzard beach for a few hours to cool off...and since I don't know how to swim and I had JUST had Lasik Surgery before we Came here...I couldn't and Didn't join them...So I took the two little ones to the Hotel pool instead..and they even made little friends while playing also :woohoo:

Linda2.jpg
-Shot of Me from earlier that day about to Tackle the Famous Disney World Turkey Leg! :eek:

Southwest Orange-20120617-00244.jpg
Southwest Orange-20120617-00245.jpg
-Kids on a Water ride :wave2:

IMG-20120617-00246.jpg
-She kept begging me to take a picture of her all soaked from the Ride haha :rotfl2:

Linda.jpg
-Back in Magic Kingdom...Decided to Stop..take in the Scenery and Pose for the Camera :cool2:

To be Continued...

Day #5 Part 2

party:

IMG_1001.JPG

-Didn't Really want to get into Drinking on the trip too much since it IS more of a Kids place and didn't feel right to ME...But My boy convinced me...Went back to our Hotel for a few things and also grabbed Some Long Islands to take back with us! :drinking1

IMG_1004.JPG
IMG_1005.JPG
-Enjoyed this Magical night with My Son :love1:

Short Part...but in previous part I was over My Picture limit! :rolleyes2
Thank you all again for Reading along...I see everyday that the number of views goes up and up and its pretty exiting...I'm glad I get to share our Experience with you all!

Hopeing to see peoples comments and Reply's to this Report tho...Its surprising that after seeing all the views there aren't any comments :confused3
Hope im not doing anything wrong or i'm not too boring for you all haha :lmao:

Till Next Post! :wave:

Last edited:
Day #6
:rainbow:

Hello Again everyone! Welcome again to part/Day #6! :wave:
This day was the most busy and in a way sad because it was our last FULL Day at WDW :sad:
We had such a blast this trip and made so many memories. We hit a few snags on the way but what is a trip without a few bumps along the road...
:rolleyes2

Hopefully we can plan another trip back here soon :)

IMG-20120615-00204.jpg
-Magic Kingdom :love:

Jazmin.JPG
-This hat was her favorite so I just had to get it for her! Was cool that they could sew her name into the back :thumbsup2

Kassie and Jazmin.jpg
-My Beautiful Daughters :hug:

Joel and Jazmin.JPG
-First stop...back to the Carousel :dance3:
(My poor babies RED cheeks! It was SO hot! :eek:)

Southwest Orange-20120611-00126.jpg -Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy :lmao:

Southwest Orange-20120611-00127.jpg

IMG_0852.JPG
Linda and Jazmin4.JPG
Linda and Jazmin5.JPG
-Mommy and Baby having a great Day :hug:

-To be Continued...

Day #6 Part 2

:rockband:

After Riding the Carousel a billion times :lmao:We headed to the Next Attraction and the Next and the Next...:woohoo:

IMG-20120611-00107.jpg
-The Crowds were insane :scared1:

IMG-20120611-00109.jpg
IMG-20120611-00119.jpg
-This Camel spit water on Me haha :lmao:

IMG-20120611-00117.jpg
IMG-20120611-00113.jpg
-Patiently Waiting ::yes::

Kassie and Alyssa.jpg
-The Girls :angel:

Linda, Jazmin, and Joel.JPG
-Thank you Lord for this day with My babies :wizard:

Group21.JPG
-Tea Cups :crowded:

-To Be Continued...

Day #6 Part 3

Joel and Kassie.jpg

-Finally found a cage for them! Now to hurry, run, and hide before they get loose and find me :rotfl2:

Southwest Orange-20120611-00124.jpg
:blush::blush::blush:

Joel3.JPG
-OH NO! :eek:

Linda5.JPG
-Me and the Photo op Cinderella Wishing well :cutie:

Joel.jpg
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Joel and Jazmin3.JPG
Linda6.JPG
-Me and My prince Charming! I finally found him :love2: Wait..A Crap he is already taken...:furious:

Linda and Jazmin.jpg

-Absolutely love this picture of Me and My baby girl :yay:

Kissimmee-20120615-00202.jpg
-End of the Day pic. After eating, showering and changing into her Pj's...I tuck her in bed and rub her tired feet and Thank the lord for blessing us with such an amazing trip full of memories for Me and my Children :flower3:

The next day was our last Day :sad2:
We were sad it was coming to an end but my bank account was screaming "Feed Me" so of coarse we had to go home!
Luckily we were not leaving as soon as the sun came out...we wanted to stay a few hours in the morning before taking the LONG Journey back to south Texas
:(:(:(

Till Next time...Thank you for reading :thanks:

I'm really enjoying your trip report! The first visit is always so special. I'm glad you and your family enjoyed. I can't wait to read more!

I'm really enjoying your trip report! The first visit is always so special. I'm glad you and your family enjoyed. I can't wait to read more!

Thank you very much...Glad your enjoying it! WE really did have a great time...hope to go back soon we are really missing it..

What an awesome surprise! My favorite thing about Disney is all the memories with my daughter. That's the real magic.

So glad you enjoyed your trip!

What an awesome surprise! My favorite thing about Disney is all the memories with my daughter. That's the real magic.

So glad you enjoyed your trip!

Thank you very much! Yes it was definitely a surprise for OUR family...We rarely get to do things like this and when we do its around where we live...I've always been a huge Disney person and Fan so it was always on my mind to take them here...Was definitely a thing to do AGAIN!

A small Authors note: have been trying to update and out up next chapter...but I'm not sure of it's this web site...or several others...but it won't let me load the page...the only page I can sucessfully upload and brows threw is facebook...I'm not sure why...why I hope it is fixed soon! :confused3
Sorry to all My readers who have been waiting...

Day #7

Last Day

:sad::sad::sad:

Was Very Hesitant on Writing this very last chapter of My Trip report for all of you today...And with My Computer not operating properly ..It seemed the site wasn't ready for it either haha
I've had such a fun time doing this and reading every ones reply's, I want to specially thank My Daughter in law for letting me use her account to make this report! I hope to take another trip soon to report about :lovestruc

On this day, Our last day...We woke up around 10:00 A.M to shower, get ready for the day, and grab something to eat..We were going to hit a few parks within a few hours to take some last minute pictures with Characters then be on our way on the road back to TX :sad1:

Group15.PNG
Princess Jasmine and Aladdin

Group24.jpg
Group20.PNG
-With Mickey!
::MickeyMo::MickeyMo::MickeyMo

Mickey Signing.PNG
-Had all the Characters Sign our Disney bag :woohoo:

Group5.jpg
Group25.jpg
-Minnie Mouse ::MinnieMo::MinnieMo::MinnieMo

Group26.jpg
-Jazmin was Scared of him ugh :sad2:

Linda and Pluto.PNG
pluto:pluto:pluto:

To be Continued...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter