First Trip!

hmgolden

<font color=deeppink>Disney Bride June 25, 20
Hi all -

We are making our first trip to DL at the end of August so that we can take our soon to be 4 year old to Cars Land. While I have planned dozens of WDW trips, I know nothing about DL. We are using my parents DVC membership to stay at the GCH for 3 nights. Our main focus is taking the kiddo to 'Radiator Springs', but we would like to see as much of the rest of the parks as we can, while still making time for the pool :)

Any advice for places to take a Cars, Toy Story, & Mickey loving 4 yo to eat, and best way to save some money on park tickets would be appreciated!

How exciting for you guys!

First off, if you havent already, a great place to start is to read all of Hydroguys Fantastic Tips, and articles that are in the sticky at the top of the Disneyland thread... especially the DL for WDW vets write up.
Here is a link if you need it:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1072276

He has done a great job of compiling all of the info you will need to know, plus help with seeing and appreciating the differences between the two parks.

You guys are going to have so much fun!! ...and your gonna love how close the GC is to all the action.

Get to Toy Story Mania early, it tends to get busy and has no FastPass.

I suggest making a dining reservation at Goofy's Kitchen at the DL Hotel, all the kids LOVE it! If you son is into Star Wars, check out the Jedi show at Tomorrowland Terrace at Disneyland.

3 nights is not going to be enough especially staying at the Grand Californian. You will love it!

Hi all -

We are making our first trip to DL at the end of August so that we can take our soon to be 4 year old to Cars Land. While I have planned dozens of WDW trips, I know nothing about DL. We are using my parents DVC membership to stay at the GCH for 3 nights. Our main focus is taking the kiddo to 'Radiator Springs', but we would like to see as much of the rest of the parks as we can, while still making time for the pool :)

Any advice for places to take a Cars, Toy Story, & Mickey loving 4 yo to eat, and best way to save some money on park tickets would be appreciated!
Many of your questions do not have an answer yet because just about everything we know about how to tour DCA is going to change on June 15 when CL and BVS open. Since you plan to go in August, your best bet with regard to Cars and Toy Story will be to monitor this forum and see how things develop. :teacher:

Regarding park tickets, you can usually save some money by going with one of the reputable providers generally discussed around here:

www.arestravel.com
www.getawaytoday.com

I have used Ares several times. I would not hesitate to use GAT.

:wizard:

Hi all -

Food suggestions for a 4-year-old ...

I've always liked the outdoor seating at the Carnation Cafe -- it's casual and it's located next to Main Street.

Most 4-year-olds would probably have fun at a character meal, like the breakfasts at Goofy's Kitchen or Minnie & Friends.

:earsboy:

We went to DL last year my youngest son was 4 and he loved it. If you would like to see World of Color while you are there (I highly suggest it) get the meal so that you are able to get preferred seating. They only let you do it a month ahead of time. If you Google World of Color Meal you will find the link. Have fun, your 4 year old will have a great time!

We went to DL last year my youngest son was 4 and he loved it. If you would like to see World of Color while you are there (I highly suggest it) get the meal so that you are able to get preferred seating. They only let you do it a month ahead of time. If you Google World of Color Meal you will find the link. Have fun, your 4 year old will have a great time!
I think you mean "preferred viewing" not "preferred seating" since there is no preferred seating for WOC. And the AG and WCT preferred viewing dining packages can be booked 2 months in advance. But they are not in demand like they were a couple years ago so it is not required you book them at the 2 month point - just a good idea if you already know what you want.

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter