• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First Trip to Universal - would this work?

rebstone

DVC Member
Every October my brother and I go to WDW for the EPCOT Food & Wine Festival. We fly in on Monday, go to F&W on Tuesday, take a rest day on Wednesday, go back to F&W on Thursday and leave on Friday.

This year, thanks to introduction of WWOHP, we are thinking about spending a day at IofA. We've gone back and forth on whether we are going to visit both parks at Universal or just IofA.

Right now, what we are thinking of doing is getting to IofA EARLY Tuesday AM and exploring WWOHP and the associated rides. We may also hit Spiderman, but we're undecided at this point. After we're done with WWOHP, we were thinking of going over to Studios to do a number of rides (i.e., Mummy; Rip Ride Rocket; Men In Black; Twister; give or take a ride.)

So my question is, if we get a 2-park, 1-day pass, with the Express Pass for Studios, is there reasonable amount of time in the day (without completely overdoing it) to get these rides in, or should we just skip Studios this time around. Again, it would be on a Tuesday, and we'd be at WWHOP first thing.

Any suggestions, recommendations, tips would be appreciated.

As long as the lines have settled down by October, that should be doable. You can use the single rider lines for Spiderman if the longs are too long, since you won't have Express for IOA. With Express, you can probably cover all the main rides in US in a few hours(Simpsons, MIB, RRR, Mummy, Jaws, etc) and have plenty of time to get the rest in. You could even hop back over to IOA for a few more rides at WWOHP before they close.

Universal is pretty small compared to WDW, so you can cover a lot of ground in one day.

Marsha

Id have to say you could easily get those rides in one day. But theres no telling whats going to happen in the HP area...

Ive also noticed the days that have HHN are way busier... Avoid those days if possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter