First trip to DLP... need help booking hotels through UK site or UK travel agent!

LauraAngel

Earning My Ears
Hi there... I'm new to this board, although I've used the dis boards for the many trips I've taken to DL and WDW in the past and always found it helpful, so I'm hoping I might be able to get some more great information from all of you about my upcoming trip to DLP. I'm taking my first ever trip to Paris in early May. I'm going solo, and I am planning to spend the first 3 days of my trip at DLP, then head into the city for another 6 days.

I'm on a budget, but given that this may very well be my only trip to Paris in my life, I want to make sure I do it right (within reason). I've always wanted to stay at the Disneyland Hotel if I went to DLP, but the "deals" they're offering on the american website are just not financially feasible (over $2500 for 3 nights). I notice the prices on the british website are SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper (650 pounds for the same 3 nights... even with the conversion, this is way less than half of the US rate). I can't even get a room at anything but Santa Fe for a similar amount of money on the US site.

I did a search on the site and found that people have suggested either booking with your address, but leaving the UK in the country line, or booking through a UK travel agency. I couldn't find any responses from anyone as to whether either of these options actually worked out well for anyone.
Unfortunately, I don't currently know anyone living in the UK, so I don't have anyone I know whose address I could use (unless anyone in the UK would like an adoptive daughter... :) hehe!).

So, please, if you have done either (booked with the UK in the addy or used a UK travel agent), I'd love to hear what happened. Has anyone from the US (or another country) tried booking leaving the UK in the address- did you have any problems at check-in at the hotel? Does anyone know any reliable UK travel agencies that offer hotel packages only (no transporation) at DLP? Any other ideas?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Two years ago we found that the French site was significantly cheaper than the UK site for an early summer break (something to do with school holidays, I suspect) hence we booked on the former and had no problems.

Why not just call the general reservations number - the French one, but they have English speaking staff - and see if you can blagg it?

Hi LauraAngel,

Elaine, Jackie, Elaine and Reid welcome you to DLP DIS board :goodvibes

We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread, or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each

If you have not had a look yet, DLP posting rules are here
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1477038 ,
DIS posting guidelines can be found here
http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm .

There is a sister site of the official Disney one, where you don't need to be a UK resident, and where the same UK deals are available. Its been posted here recently, on this thread -

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2110729

But yes, recently members here have posted that they have used the UK booking site, left the country at UK and input their correct address in every other field, and its worked with no problem at all. You don't get any confirmation sent out in the mail anyway, its all done by email.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter