First trip to DL? A solid maybe :)

7mtina

Earning My Ears
A WDW veteran, I was really hoping to get the kids to orlando this year. It has been 5 years since they have been. At that time my youngest was 2 and my other daughter who is now 15 had just been adopted from China and spoke no English. :confused3 Our boys were 16, 13, and 8.

So, I wanted to get back while my youngest still loves Dsiney princesses. One little problem...school. :sad2: I hate to take high-schoolers out of class for long enough to enjoy Disney, and our spring break is mid-march, along with the rest of the SE. Summer heat and crowds...ick. So we started wondering...when does CA have spring break? Lo and behold we disccovered it was April and that mid-March might actually be a good time to make our first trip to LA! :dance3:

The fun thing is that the kids will not know for quite a while. We do a "mystery trip" each year for spring break. Most of the time they don't know where we are going until we get there. We give them a map and they guess during the drive. ;) This year though, we will probably put together a scavenger hunt for them to discover the trip and let them know at Christmas....mostly because I am a wimp and there is no way I can keep a fun secret for that long.

So anyway, the only thing I am sort of waiting on is to see if there might be a hotel discount coming up after this one that ends in Decembers goes off. I am a little nervous that I might miss out on a Disney hotel by waiting, but I would be sick if I booked it and paid for it and then it went on 30% off or something. :eek:

Anyway, hope to be able to share something more concrete soon. DH and I are going to WDW without the kids in two weeks and I may talk with someone there about helping me plan my DL trip.

WooHoo! So fun! :banana::banana::banana:

Have fun in planning your trip!

As much as I love staying on grounds at WDW you might want to consider some of the motels across the street from DL if you are looking to save money.

I agree with staying off site at Disneyland, most of the hotels on Harbor Blvd are actullay a shorter walk to the parks than Disneyland Hotel and PP

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter