First Trip to Disney

morriskeel

Earning My Ears
Hello! I am looking into going to Disney for the first time in beginning to mid November. I need help on finding some good deals! I have a family of four, two children ages 3 and 5, hope to be expecting when I go. Any advice is welcome! I don't know where to start!

So far, many Disney deals don't cover that time of year yet. Keep browsing the boards, especially the codes and rates section to see what may pop up. Check the disneyparks site frequently as well. Also see what AAA has to offer.

The 4 of you will be fine in a value resort, or you could choose from a gazillion hotels 15 minutes away in Kissimmee.

Be sure to register at the disneyparks vacation planning page and "save" a few "vacations". Some people get discount codes sent to their email account when Disney sees you adding and deleting possible future trips.

Good luck with your research!

I also like to book with AAA.
I also like Southwest Airlines Vacations, they always have the best prices for me.
Picking a resort with a little one it SO helps to have a fridge.

No matter where you go be sure there is a full kitchen. We traveled for many years with young children and the most difficult meal was breakfast. Getting everybody ready and downstairs or in the car was not a happy vacation memory. By the time I ate it was time for lunch. Get a condo! Thirty three percent of the worlds timeshares are in Orlando and Kissimmee. You can easily rent something for a week or even a few days. Go on-line for bargains!

Mousesavers is a great place for discount codes. There probably won't be a discount code for a package but you may get lucky with a room only discount. The first time we took our kids they were 7 mos and 27 mos. and we had no problem staying on site. It was so nice to be able to be a short bus ride away from the resort for an afternoon break/nap. They are now 11 and 13 yrs and we've only ever stayed on site and we still love the convenience.

I also like to book with AAA.
I also like Southwest Airlines Vacations, they always have the best prices for me.
Picking a resort with a little one it SO helps to have a fridge.

I've booked 2 WDW vacations through Southwest Vacations and the prices have been outstanding. This year I booked during a 72-hour fare sale, so I really got a good deal.

These boards are extremely helpful, as is AllEars.net. Everyone here is very welcoming and extremely helpful. There's no such thing as a dumb question on this board. Everyone brings different experiences, so you might find some tips that you didn't expect you might need. The more research you do pre-trip, the better prepared you'll be to take this wonderful 1st trip. You'll also find a lot of ideas for how to remember your time in the Most Magical Place on Earth.

You may want to consider purchasing a WDW Guide such as Birnbaum. They publish one specifically for people traveling with children. It's a great introduction for your first trip so you'll have some idea as to what to expect. It will also help get you more excited about the trip (maybe the kids too :goodvibes). This year, once I determined the dates of our trip, I splurged on Tour Guide Mike, specifically for his Least Crowded Parks suggestions. I didn't get his advice last year and wound up going to the totally wrong parks on the totally wrong days and making our trip not as enjoyable as it could have been. I'm hoping this year will be even more enjoyable. I'm putting my faith in Mike.

Above all, have fun and Happy Planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter