First Trip Review

kitkat4622

DIS Veteran
First Trip, Trip Review
We arrived at Disney on Monday 11/10/2014 and here is my review. We are first time visitors:
Day 1 Monday:
Arrived at MCO around 10:30AM and took the Magic Express to All Star Movies, our room was not ready yet so we activated our bands and hopped on the bus to Hollywood Studios where we proceeded to meet some characters and ride some rides. Fantasmic was awesome, the RnRc was great and we also enjoyed Muppet Vision 3D and The Great Movie Ride. TSMM was so much fun and we had a FP+ for this so the wait was minimal. LMA was thoroughly enjoyed by my 15 year old grandson who loves fast cars and motorcycles. The Osborne Lights were beautiful. I did receive a text shortly after we arrived at the park that our room was ready. We had a preferred room in the 101 Dalmations building. The beds were comfortable, the room was clean and that was all we needed. A nice place to sleep at night. The food court was your average food court food nothing to rave about. I did not care for the Joffrey’s coffee and missed my Dunkin’ donuts every morning.
Day 2 Tuesday Magic Kingdom
We arrived at the park around 10am as we are not early morning people. The park was very busy and it may have been because it was Veterans day. My goal was to do both Fantasyland and Tomorrowland but after 12 hours we were only able to tackle Fantasyland. We loved the 7Dwarfs Mine train and rode just about everything in Fantasyland except the Teacups(I don’t do spinning well). Most of the posted wait times were overly exaggerated. We met several characters and went to a few of the shows such as Philharmagic, all were enjoyable.
Day 3 Animal Kingdom
At this location we did the safari and saw several animals, the rapids were so much fun and I had taken somebody’s advice and brought flip flops and a change of clothes which we needed as we got SOAKED. We met King Louie and Balou and Mickey and Minnie, took in the Lion King show which was fabulous. We had planned on hopping to Epcot but ended up back at the hotel for some relaxation and for my grandson to enjoy the pool and some arcade time. It was a nice break and we felt refreshed for day 4.
Day 4 Epcot
The weather was perfect and this actually was one of my favorite parks. We did almost all the rides in future world with the exception of Captain EO. Ellen’s energy was a great way to get some rest but I would not do it again. I love Mission Space (green), test track and soarin. In this park it just seemed like I was not rushing around and the day was relaxing. We did not stay for Illuminations because my grandson who is still limping from a broken leg had enough by 8pm.
Day 5 Magic Kingdom and Christmas Party
We arrived at the park around 10am. Tackled rides in Frontierland and Adventureland. Tomorrow land we did Buzz Space Ranger at the start of the party. We also stood in line for the mine train only to get to the loading area and the ride went down. It was a very long wait for the 7 dwarfs photo so we also did not get in line for that. I enjoyed the parade and fireworks but would not opt to spend the extra money on the party ticket again as I feel it was not worth the expense for what we got in return.
PROS: Magic band worked awesome, never an issue. Magic Express transportation was great and we never waited any excessive amount of time for a bus either to or back from the parks. How clean the parks were especially the restrooms with such large crowds. Every CM we encountered was nothing but pleasant and helpful.
CONS: None that I can think of right now except we were not there long enough.

Sounds like a great time was had by all! And, good job on your first trip report. :thumbsup2

First Trip, Trip Review
We arrived at Disney on Monday 11/10/2014 and here is my review. We are first time visitors:
Day 1 Monday:
Arrived at MCO around 10:30AM and took the Magic Express to All Star Movies, our room was not ready yet so we activated our bands and hopped on the bus to Hollywood Studios where we proceeded to meet some characters and ride some rides. Fantasmic was awesome, the RnRc was great and we also enjoyed Muppet Vision 3D and The Great Movie Ride. TSMM was so much fun and we had a FP+ for this so the wait was minimal. LMA was thoroughly enjoyed by my 15 year old grandson who loves fast cars and motorcycles. The Osborne Lights were beautiful. I did receive a text shortly after we arrived at the park that our room was ready. We had a preferred room in the 101 Dalmations building. The beds were comfortable, the room was clean and that was all we needed. A nice place to sleep at night. The food court was your average food court food nothing to rave about. I did not care for the Joffrey’s coffee and missed my Dunkin’ donuts every morning.
Day 2 Tuesday Magic Kingdom
We arrived at the park around 10am as we are not early morning people. The park was very busy and it may have been because it was Veterans day. My goal was to do both Fantasyland and Tomorrowland but after 12 hours we were only able to tackle Fantasyland. We loved the 7Dwarfs Mine train and rode just about everything in Fantasyland except the Teacups(I don’t do spinning well). Most of the posted wait times were overly exaggerated. We met several characters and went to a few of the shows such as Philharmagic, all were enjoyable.
Day 3 Animal Kingdom
At this location we did the safari and saw several animals, the rapids were so much fun and I had taken somebody’s advice and brought flip flops and a change of clothes which we needed as we got SOAKED. We met King Louie and Balou and Mickey and Minnie, took in the Lion King show which was fabulous. We had planned on hopping to Epcot but ended up back at the hotel for some relaxation and for my grandson to enjoy the pool and some arcade time. It was a nice break and we felt refreshed for day 4.
Day 4 Epcot
The weather was perfect and this actually was one of my favorite parks. We did almost all the rides in future world with the exception of Captain EO. Ellen’s energy was a great way to get some rest but I would not do it again. I love Mission Space (green), test track and soarin. In this park it just seemed like I was not rushing around and the day was relaxing. We did not stay for Illuminations because my grandson who is still limping from a broken leg had enough by 8pm.
Day 5 Magic Kingdom and Christmas Party
We arrived at the park around 10am. Tackled rides in Frontierland and Adventureland. Tomorrow land we did Buzz Space Ranger at the start of the party. We also stood in line for the mine train only to get to the loading area and the ride went down. It was a very long wait for the 7 dwarfs photo so we also did not get in line for that. I enjoyed the parade and fireworks but would not opt to spend the extra money on the party ticket again as I feel it was not worth the expense for what we got in return.
PROS: Magic band worked awesome, never an issue. Magic Express transportation was great and we never waited any excessive amount of time for a bus either to or back from the parks. How clean the parks were especially the restrooms with such large crowds. Every CM we encountered was nothing but pleasant and helpful.
CONS: None that I can think of right now except we were not there long enough.
Do you mind letting me how long did it take you after landing to arrive in ASMo? Thanks! Sounds like you had a fun trip, hopefulliy our honeymoon would be the same!

Do you mind letting me how long did it take you after landing to arrive in ASMo? Thanks! Sounds like you had a fun trip, hopefulliy our honeymoon would be the same!

from the time we landed around 10:30 until we got to the hotel was about an hour or so. then we got to the first park around 12:30-12:45

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter