First trip, please help

cpfolk

Mouseketeer
My group includes 3 adults and 2 adult sized teens. I am trying to choose a hotel for our four night stay at the beginning of August (Sunday through Thursday). If we have EP, is the early entry advantage as big of a deal? I am speaking specifically of the need to stay onsite.

We have no experience in the park except the one day I chaperoned 350 high school seniors on their class trip 😳

I think you would be fine not doing early entry as long as you have EP. The Harry Potter areas will be busier than it would be if you had early entry, but you would still be able to experience the area and rides (except maybe Hagrid's). My family has never done early entry and we have done things multiple times with the EP. Did you buy EP for everyone already? Sometimes staying on site actually turns out being cheaper than buying the pass for everyone.

[Did you buy EP for everyone already? Sometimes staying on site actually turns out being cheaper than buying the pass for everyone.
[/QUOTE]

It’s not about saving money by staying offsite. I checked out the suites at CB and ES, and while there are enough beds, the bathroom situation is not ideal. We need two bathrooms!

Thanks for the info!

Early August is crowded and hot
EP is very helpful and EE can be also

Check out UO partner hotels
They are offsite and can be cheaper
If you book thru UO website, some of those hotels allow EE

UO? Help!

UO is Universal Orlando.

What is most important to you and what do you hope to accomplish while at the parks?

MIght be best to get adjoining rooms and stay at one of the deluxe hotels to get early admission and express passes. It is soooo hot in early August that you probably don't want to be at the parks in mid afternoon but instead take advantage of earlier, cooler mornings and maybe do some pool visiting or hopping in the afternoon.

My suggestion is pick one of the onsite resorts that includes Express Pass.
We used it in May and loved it! You can go to the front of every line except the new HP ride. In 2 days, we rode everything as many times as we wanted and never felt rushed.
We have stayed at Hard Rock, Portifino Bay and Royal Pacific. Really love Portifino and Royal Pacific.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter