First trip "Home".... Bought more points!

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by SamS, Jun 30, 2003.

1. SamS

SamS Mouseketeer

My wife and bought 200 points at the Beach Club Villas last August, and just returned from our first DVC stay this past Saturday. We stayed 7 nights at BCV and then moved to OKW for the last four nights. We enjoyed both resorts immensely, and decided to add 100 points at BCV while it's still available. Decided to forfeit the first point allocation to get $74 Magical Beginnings price. Our use year is February, and we already have a reservation for Xmas through New Years booked, so it wasn't a great sacrifice. Our dilemna was whether to wait and buy a contract at Saratoga Springs when it is available, but we decided not to wait. We loved BCV so much, especially the easy access to Epcot, MGM, and the Boardwalk. Another factor was the "rumor" that Saratoga Springs will be close to $100 a point (perhaps with a 50 year contract). Maybe we'll buy at SS too (one can dream, can't one?), but we decided to do the add-on while we were there. Can't wait to go back in December, and we'll soon be booking two studios for next June - one for us and one for our son, daughter-in-law, grandson and grandaughter.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. Credit Man

Credit Man <font color=teal>Love the shark reef<br><font colo

Glad you had a great trip. Congratulations on your add-on.

4. mrsdon

mrsdon DIS Veteran<br><font color=navy>I'm a morning pers

Have fun with your new points.

5. anniet

anniet DIS Veteran

Ummmm......SamS.........you drank from the soda fountain with those refillable mugs, didn't you?????

I think someone should have warned you that it's spiked with Disney's secret potion of add-on juice.

Don't feel too bad though, most of us here have done the same.

If only there were an antidote............

6. disney4me4ever

disney4me4ever <font color=teal>Is living proof that patience pay

Sam~

The same thing happened to DH and I on our first trip home. I'm going back in Sept-Oct. I wonder if the add-on bug will bite again? :confused: Enjoy your add'l points!

Nancy:earsgirl:

7. SlyHubby

SlyHubby Mouseketeer

I seriously doubt it.

8. JimC

JimC DVC Co-Moderator Moderator

Conggratulations on your add-on. Now I don't feel so bad about our add-on when we did our first trip home.