• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First trip ever!!!!!

phins_jazy

Christmas at the Fort
Hi all!! It's been awhile since I posted. :) Something always got in the way of us taking the plunge and taking a trip to the world. BUT this time I've found out that dh has a convention at the dolphin in WDW in JUNE!!!! So instead of him going for 4 days alone, we're making it a family trip for 8 days! :) This will be the very first time for all of us. We've got 2 kiddos, age 7 and 20 months at the time of the trip. Like I said his convention is at the dolphin but we're planning on staying at the allstars. We haven't booked reservations yet. Wanted to come here and get the scoop first. Can anyone help??? Btw dates are june 10-18. Thanks!! :)

You are going to absolutely love it. Our first family trip to WDW was in June 2004, when DS had just turned 8 and DD was 22 months-- about same ages as yours. We stayed offsite for 5 days and onsite for5 days at AllStar Movies -- Dalmation buildings. The kids loved this resort and wanted to stay at it again this year but I have bumped us up to CSR. You will not be disappointed in ASMo -- the kids will love it (although the pool was very crowded and we could not really swim). It was very hot, so keep water bottles and plenty of sunscreen onhand. We filled water bottles with ice from hotel in the morning and these lasted until after lunch. Despite what some may say about taking 2 year old to WDW, our DD loved it, was well behaved, and rode everything without fear.

Planning is half the fun!!!

My suggestion would be to read DIS plenty and ask lots of questions, as there are many seasoned Disney travelers here! Planning is just as fun as actually being there! :lmao:

Congratulations-you will all have a blast. We took our first trip last year at POP and had a "Magical" time. We will be there the same time as you this year and are staying at CSR. DS wants to stay at All Stars so we will plan that for the next trip. Have fun@@ :dumbo: :simba: :goofy: :tigger: :donald: :mickeyjum

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter