first trip do-over

All caught up:goodvibes
I thought it was a little funny though because I am going Thanksgiving week and staying at CBR. :cool1:
Love the clothes and bows:)
Look forward to reading more popcorn::

I just noticed the new ADRs. 1900 Park Fare sounds perfect! Travel will eat away some of your time, but I don't think it is too many. Of course we love TS at Disney. If you want to get travel time estimates there is a travel wizard. That will tell you how to get from place to place with Disney transportations and estimated times. I found it to be pretty accurate.

I didn't even think about the traveling aspect of it. good thought....i'm gonna have to think about that. I think DH will be fine with going to 1900 because he's always wanted to see GF. maybe if it's just one day of crazy travel, we'll be ok? I hate to cancel an ADR now that I've made them, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if we did. thanks for the advice!

Since it's just the one day, I think you guys will be fine. Seeing the GF and eating at 1900 PF is definitely worth it in my opinion. I would just say make sure you and your DH are both on the same page about the plans/travel for the day because, from personal experience, when I didn't tell DBF about things like that and just dragged him along, he got grumpy. But when he knew ahead of time what was going on, he was perfectly happy. Just my 2 cents!

Sunday, DTD day--dinner at T-REX (pay OOP)

Monday, AK day--breakfast at CHEF MICKEY'S (TS credits), lunch will be QS wherever, dinner at 1900 PARK FARE (TS credits)

Tuesday, MK day--breakfast at CRYSTAL PALACE (TS credits), lunch will be QS, also want to do the fireworks and dessert party this night (pay OOP)

Wednesday, Epcot day--breakfast at 'OHANA (TS credits), lunch at CHEFS DE FRANCE (TS credits), dinner QS TANGIERINE CAFE

Thursday, MK day--breakfast beignets at POFQ-QS credits, lunch will be QS, dinner at BE OUR GUEST (TS credits)

Friday, HS day--breakfast STARRING ROLLS QS credits, lunch at pizza planet QS credits, dinner at 50'S PRIMETIME (TS credits)

I don't think that is too many ADR's. As long as you plan out your day and like you said keep most of them either first thing in the morning or end of the day it should be fine. Plus if you are at the park and you are overwhelmed you could always call and cancel one or two if you needed too. Better to have them booked in advance though.

We had dinner at 1900 Park Fare in 2011 and LOVED IT!!! It was our first time too and it was great. The food was pretty good but the characters were great. We met the Prince first and he was so good at interacting with all the kids, then we met Cinderella and Lady Tremaine and then finally the sisters and OMG they were SO much fun. Drizilla got in a "fight" with my brother in law about cats, Anastasia and Druzilla got in a fight over who was prettier and Lady Tremaine yelled out from across the room "Girls, Girls, Please compose yourself in front of our guests". Plus my kids were having all the characters sign a photo mat and Prince Charming signed first and then when Cinderella signed she put her name above his with a little heart so it looked like Cinderella loves Prince Charming and then Anastasia signed after the Prince and put Loves Anastasia. So it looks like Cinderella loves Prince Charming Loves Anastasia. :rotfl: Then when Druzilla signed her name she put in paratheses (The prettier one). It was such a good time. :goodvibes

I thought it was a little funny though because I am going Thanksgiving week and staying at CBR. :cool1:

I still want to try CBR sometime--it looks so beachy and relaxing!

If you want to get travel time estimates there is a travel wizard. That will tell you how to get from place to place with Disney transportations and estimated times. I found it to be pretty accurate.

thanks for the info! i'll have to look for that. was it part of Disney mobile magic or a different app?

Since it's just the one day, I think you guys will be fine. Seeing the GF and eating at 1900 PF is definitely worth it in my opinion. I would just say make sure you and your DH are both on the same page about the plans/travel for the day because, from personal experience, when I didn't tell DBF about things like that and just dragged him along, he got grumpy. But when he knew ahead of time what was going on, he was perfectly happy. Just my 2 cents!

are your DBF and my DH related?!? DH is the same way! :rotfl2: i'll have to be super clear beforehand about the plans!

We had dinner at 1900 Park Fare in 2011 and LOVED IT!!! It was our first time too and it was great. The food was pretty good but the characters were great. We met the Prince first and he was so good at interacting with all the kids, then we met Cinderella and Lady Tremaine and then finally the sisters and OMG they were SO much fun. Drizilla got in a "fight" with my brother in law about cats, Anastasia and Druzilla got in a fight over who was prettier and Lady Tremaine yelled out from across the room "Girls, Girls, Please compose yourself in front of our guests". Plus my kids were having all the characters sign a photo mat and Prince Charming signed first and then when Cinderella signed she put her name above his with a little heart so it looked like Cinderella loves Prince Charming and then Anastasia signed after the Prince and put Loves Anastasia. So it looks like Cinderella loves Prince Charming Loves Anastasia. :rotfl: Then when Druzilla signed her name she put in paratheses (The prettier one). It was such a good time. :goodvibes

oh my gosh! that sounds hilarious! and a perfect experience! I can't wait!

how did you like having the characters sign the photo mat? I saw it on pinterest (of course! what's not on there? ;)) but was worried about carrying it around all day and traveling without it getting bent or ruined.

how did you like having the characters sign the photo mat? I saw it on pinterest (of course! what's not on there? ;)) but was worried about carrying it around all day and traveling without it getting bent or ruined.[/COLOR]

I loved the photo mats. We had 4 8x10 white mats and a bunch of Sharpies in different colors. We just kept them in a large (gallon size) ziplock bag and we had a stroller so we just had them on top of the stroller so they never got bent. It is lighter and I feel less cumbersome then carrying around one of the autograph books. When we got home I printed out 4 of our favorite character pictures in 5x7 size and framed them with the signed photo mats. They look so nice in their rooms hanging on the wall and I love seeing the signatures and remembering how we got them.

When we go back in Jan I am planning to get a few of the larger mats to frame 8X10 photos and also some more of the 8x10 mats for the 5x7 photos. I am also thinking I might get some different colored mats just to change it up a little. I love how they look and it was easy to get a bunch of signatures signed all the way around.

I think your ADRs look great! I am hoping to try 1900 PF for dinner sometime soon! It looks like so much fun and if your DD is really into Cinderella, its perfect! As you know I love changing around ADRs, so I totally understand!

I don't think your ADR schedule looks too bad. I've definitely seen worse! It will be a lot of time spent in restaurants, but only you know if that's good for your family. I know for us, we've only made two ADRs. We had three, but even that felt like too much over six days. But that's just our touring style. We feel we can get great food at amazing restaurants at home, and when we go to Disney we prefer to snack a lot and maximize park time. We don't park hop for the same reason -- too much time spent traveling between parks feels like wasted time to us. A LOT of people feel the exact opposite, so you just have to decide what works for you guys! But again, I don't think your ADRs look overwhelming at all.

And how exciting for your daughter to get to meet the step-sisters! I've heard they are some of the best characters to interact with too. I think that will be a really special dinner for you guys!

I loved the photo mats. We had 4 8x10 white mats and a bunch of Sharpies in different colors. We just kept them in a large (gallon size) ziplock bag and we had a stroller so we just had them on top of the stroller so they never got bent. It is lighter and I feel less cumbersome then carrying around one of the autograph books. When we got home I printed out 4 of our favorite character pictures in 5x7 size and framed them with the signed photo mats. They look so nice in their rooms hanging on the wall and I love seeing the signatures and remembering how we got them.

When we go back in Jan I am planning to get a few of the larger mats to frame 8X10 photos and also some more of the 8x10 mats for the 5x7 photos. I am also thinking I might get some different colored mats just to change it up a little. I love how they look and it was easy to get a bunch of signatures signed all the way around.

I am going to have to think about that. I might have to do that this trip. we did autograph books last trip and I just ended up cutting the pages out so my aunt could put the autographs in a scrapbook with pictures. it was cute, but the girls could really care less about the autograph books. the photo mat might be good for this trip. thanks for reminding me!

This is the travel wizard I mentioned.

http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/aspx/twiz.aspx#.Ukjwimt5mSM

It is kind of hokey, but accurate. There may be better ones out there.

thanks! i'm going to check it out!

I think your ADRs look great! I am hoping to try 1900 PF for dinner sometime soon! It looks like so much fun and if your DD is really into Cinderella, its perfect! As you know I love changing around ADRs, so I totally understand!

I didn't change anything last trip, so I think i'm making up for it this time by changing and adding stuff! :lmao:

I don't think your ADR schedule looks too bad. I've definitely seen worse! It will be a lot of time spent in restaurants, but only you know if that's good for your family. I know for us, we've only made two ADRs. We had three, but even that felt like too much over six days. But that's just our touring style. We feel we can get great food at amazing restaurants at home, and when we go to Disney we prefer to snack a lot and maximize park time. We don't park hop for the same reason -- too much time spent traveling between parks feels like wasted time to us. A LOT of people feel the exact opposite, so you just have to decide what works for you guys! But again, I don't think your ADRs look overwhelming at all.

And how exciting for your daughter to get to meet the step-sisters! I've heard they are some of the best characters to interact with too. I think that will be a really special dinner for you guys!

I don't know about my family, but I like having a sit down meal just to relax for a little bit. :) I also like the character meals because you don't have to stand in line to see the characters. I feel like we're multi-tasking, eating and seeing characters at the same time! :laughing:

I think your ADRs sound like a lot of fun - relaxing and seeing characters sounds like a great plan!

Hmmm - vacation plans and binders - I love it - I am stealing this idea for sure.

just stuff.....I was checking around on the January boards and found out that there are some discounts for Disney visa holders for January that may come available for the general public on the 8th. there are two--25% off room only or a discounted stay, play and dine offer. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they really are offered and that there is availability. i'd love to save some money!!

now I just have to vent about something I read this morning. I guess with all the other changes happening with fast passes and magic bands, Disney is now changing how things work for guests with disabilities and using the guest assistance card. they used to be able to get in the fast pass line and ride things right away, now they will be given a return time, like a regular fast pass sort of. lots of parents are concerned about how that will change how their kids/families do the parks because some of them have limited time in the parks or have to stick to schedules, or can't spend a lot of time in the crowd because their kids can't handle it. I feel for them because I work with a boy who is on the autism spectrum and I know how hard it is for his family to travel. the whole reason Disney is changing things is because of all the people who do NOT have disabilities abusing the system. like the families who hire someone with a disability to go to the park with them so they can cut the line, or people claiming health problems to get a GAC. really people? why do a few unethical people have to ruin things for people who really need a little assistance? don't they realize that those families deserve a vacation too? it just makes me so :furious:! you're at Disney! if you have to wait for one extra trip of the ride before you go on, big deal! be happy your child can stand in the line with you and wait and let other people enjoy making their memories too! geez people, think about others once in awhile! sorry, I was just so annoyed when I read that!

ok...back to my happy place! i'm off to do some sewing on this rainy afternoon (I might even sneak in a nap!).

I completely agree with you. It is the few selfish people who don't know how lucky they are who create problems. Those with disabilities truly deserve a break, but those who take advantage really bother me. I have read in numerous places that people with hint at or basically state that they get a GAC just to avoid lines since Disney does not require documentation. I am blessed with a healthy family and truly want all families to be able to enjoy and that does mean accommodating those who need it. :hippie:

Hope the discount comes out for you guys! It's always great to save some money.

I am totally with you on the GAC front. I ranted to DBF about it after hearing about it on the Dis Unplugged podcast. Like, I get that they needed to do something to prevent/end the abuse to the system and I give that to them, that they are trying. But the new system sounds totally confusing and just harder for families who actually need to GAC than anything else. Like, you get a return time based on the current wait time. :confused3 I have a sister with disabilities and it really is so much harder to do things with her. We, luckily, got to go with her on her Wish trip when we were younger but I dream about being able to take her again now, knowing it would be hard but the GAC to allow her to go in line in her wheelchair and whatnot made it a consideration. Knowing that they had to change something that may be the only thing that makes it possible for families to go, is just terrible.

I completely agree with you. It is the few selfish people who don't know how lucky they are who create problems. Those with disabilities truly deserve a break, but those who take advantage really bother me. I have read in numerous places that people with hint at or basically state that they get a GAC just to avoid lines since Disney does not require documentation. I am blessed with a healthy family and truly want all families to be able to enjoy and that does mean accommodating those who need it. :hippie:

thanks for listening to my rant. It just annoys me when somebody's got to ruin it for everybody. I hope they figure out a solution so everybody can still enjoy the parks

Hope the discount comes out for you guys! It's always great to save some money.

I am totally with you on the GAC front. I ranted to DBF about it after hearing about it on the Dis Unplugged podcast. Like, I get that they needed to do something to prevent/end the abuse to the system and I give that to them, that they are trying. But the new system sounds totally confusing and just harder for families who actually need to GAC than anything else. Like, you get a return time based on the current wait time. :confused3 I have a sister with disabilities and it really is so much harder to do things with her. We, luckily, got to go with her on her Wish trip when we were younger but I dream about being able to take her again now, knowing it would be hard but the GAC to allow her to go in line in her wheelchair and whatnot made it a consideration. Knowing that they had to change something that may be the only thing that makes it possible for families to go, is just terrible.

when I first heard about the people paying someone to go with them so they could cut lines, I thought it was a joke. I don't enjoy standing in line either, but id never think to go that far to get around it. And how is that even a good example to your kids? I hope whatever they come up with is a good solution and I hope you get to take your sister back soon!

Good luck with getting the discount!:thumbsup2

thanks!! I'm impatiently waiting for Tuesday morning so I can call! :upsidedow

we love Disney!.....I just wanted to post some things because I'm excited. they don't have anything to do with our trip, but they are Disney related, so I thought, "hey, why not?" ::yes::

first, is Madison's Halloween costume. she is going to be tiana and is very excited! almost every day she asks if she can wear her "princess frog" dress. I finally gave in and let her do a few twirls in it the other day. she's so cute, I just had to post a picture!

excuse the sewing machine and ironing board in the background. I have a huge project i'm working on for maddie's preschool and it's out all the time now.....our living room has officially become my sewing room!

the other thing i'm excited about is the Disney basket I made for our older daughter, Hannah's, school auction. thanks to MeeskaMomma for getting the ideas started! I decided to do a basket themed Disney family fun night. I was going to unpack it to show everything in it, but didn't want to try to get it to fit again. so, i'll just list everything--there are 4 monsters university cups, mickey stickers, 2 bubbles shaped like mickey, mickey playing cards, 8 different character magic towels, mickey sidewalk chalk, monsters university crayons, popcorn, 2 puzzles (one mickey and Minnie, one tinkerbell), 3 books (dumbo, lady and the tramp, and bambi), 2 activity sets (cars and Minnie) with stampers and stuff, 2 coloring books, 2 scratch off sets, a Minnie pop up game, a 2014 calendar, villain jelly bellies and an incredibles dvd/Blu-ray. I think that's everything--thank goodness for the dollar store! :laughing:

I just need to get a bag to put it in and some ribbon to tie it. I hope someone bids on it!

i ordered our iron ons last week and i'm going to the fabric store this week to get fabric to sew for the girls for the trip finally; and we are going to a trunk or treat and decorating our car with Mickey (thanks again, meeskamomma!), so stay tuned for more pictures!

Oh gosh Madison is too adorable! Did you make the Tiana dress?? It's gorgeous!

I always wonder- do craft skills come with motherhood? :rotfl2: Because my mom and my grandma are both extremely creative and good at all the crafty stuff and I feel like I'm missing the gene!

Can't wait to see the other projects you're working on!

That dress is beautiful!! She looks so precious! Did you make it?!?

The basket turned out great!!! That is a dollar store win!! I love the way you have it displayed that took some pixie dust pixiedust: I wouldn't want to take it out either!

I can't wait to see what the car looks like!

Oh gosh Madison is too adorable! Did you make the Tiana dress?? It's gorgeous!

I always wonder- do craft skills come with motherhood? :rotfl2: Because my mom and my grandma are both extremely creative and good at all the crafty stuff and I feel like I'm missing the gene!

Can't wait to see the other projects you're working on!

no, I didn't make her costume this year but I did score it off eBay for $10! :thumbsup2 it was cheaper then i could have made one and is actually from the Disney store so I thought that was a pretty good deal.

I don't know if that craftiness stuff comes with motherhood or not, but I didn't really get into it until my friend told me to get on Pinterest. I've always liked doing that stuff and was teaching myself crochet, then I got on there and had to dust off the sewing machine! Now I'm addicted! :laughing:

That dress is beautiful!! She looks so precious! Did you make it?!?

The basket turned out great!!! That is a dollar store win!! I love the way you have it displayed that took some pixie dust pixiedust: I wouldn't want to take it out either!

I can't wait to see what the car looks like!

no, didn't make this years costume but did find a great deal on eBay--I love a bargain! :laughing:

Gotta love the dollar store!

I can't wait to decorate the car! I hope it looks as fun as it does in my head when I'm done!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter