First Trip as a Parent, 3 Days, PPH stay - Lots of Photos (Update: 4/26/2015)

Repeats, Fireworks, and some Brief Solitude

So we made our way safely out of the jungle and into a jungle of strollers. Seemed to me that Adventureland has the least available stroller parking and they are everywhere. We knew that our fast passes for a second round of Star Tours were coming up shortly so we began to weave our way through the crowds to the hub. We spotted Aladin, Genie, and Jasmine in the distance, but as there was a line (surprise!, not really) so that was a no go. Onward we marched.

My daughter really got a kick our of using our "special tickets" to jump past the majority of lines. Thankfully we still got to enjoy part of the queue pre-show as she was completely enchanted with this robotic fellow.

V3k1MDA.jpg

We also grabbed a quick group shot in an area that had a little more light.

rkGhKsh.jpg

She was particularly delighted when he mistakes a camera for a bomb and eliminates it from some luggage. :) Now as we approached the load zone I decided to give her some tips on being chosen as a rebel spy. I am not sure where I came across the information, although I believe it was an IAMA on reddit. (TIPs: The spy is choosen by one of the attractions hosts. They all have slightly different methods of choosing, but they will NOT choose anyone who has their glasses on and/or face covered/turned to the side prior to the announcement to put your glasses on. Things that can help: wearing a Star Wars shirt, being a child, wearing any kind of celebration button, and if all else fails, ask quietly (so as not to spoil first time riders) and politely.) Low and behold, it worked and Rebel Spy she was. Afterwards she said she was very grateful that C3P0 and R2 got her home safely. :)

Once again, we excited into a gift shop. My sister supervised while my daughter checked out the build your own light saber area (very cool, but a bit spendy at $29.95) while I shopped around for a gift for my husband. I found the perfect shirt:

IQsIlzx.jpg

In an attempt to be a good example I declined purchasing the shirt and decided to wait in case I spotted something better. (SPOILER ALERT: I didn't, and failed completely to return and the only other place I found it was missing his size. Lesson learned.)

About this time everyone was absolutely starving. Even though my sister had sneered at the idea of Tomorrowland Terrace earlier in the day it was close, (relatively) cheap, and had plentiful seating. My daughter happily selected a burger and I believe my sister and I split one as well. They had some nice music playing and there were kids out on the floor area that is used during the Jedi Academy during the day. My daughter quickly lost interest in eating and wanted to join in on the impromptu dance party. Some chaos happened, and then my daughter got a few minutes to dance before we went off in search of further activities.

3Z4Z2tn.jpg

The lines in Fantasyland were still fairly busy, so my daughter decided she wanted to take another voyage on the happiest cruise that ever sailed. My sister once again balked at this, so this time I just told her to pick a location and we would meet her in twenty minutes. I was fast nearing the end of my patience for skipping everything that didn't have a sister approved wait and/or fell in line with her attraction preferences. (TIP: Split up instead of wasting time fighting over itineraries. There is no excuse not to do this in a place with so many options and easy communication via cell phone).

My daughter was once again enchanted with the ride and this time we had a great time trying to note all of the Disney characters and discussing the countries represented in each scene. When we met up with my sister it was almost time for the fireworks to start. Another item on my daughter's list was a large lollipop and there just happened to be a cart close by so we rushed over to purchase an evening treat. The cast member pointed out some benches right across the way that she claimed had a good view (as it was way to late to get a best view in front of the castle). (TIP: Somewhere in this process I completely lost my VISA card. Thankfully it was truly lost and not stolen so I didn't need to cancel. I had already set it up to work for charges to my hotel room so I could continue to use it and canceled upon my return home. If you are using a card anyway and staying on property, just leave your card in the safe and use your hotel key. They won't allow purchases without showing ID and a hotel key is much faster to replace in the parks than a VISA) We got settled and then after struggling to open said treat for a bit, I walked back over to see if they might have some scissors that could help. They were happy to assist. The fireworks began just as I sat down and handed my daughter her treat.

I had packed my tripod for the trip and had lots of photography goals. These were one of the first things that just completely went by the wayside. Sadly the tripod never even made it out of my bag. So much for great shots of the fireworks.

DBpWgvV.jpg

PpERoIT.jpg

My sister had decided previously that we should return immediately to the hotel following the fireworks. My daughter and I both still had plenty of energy so as we made our chaotic trip around the Matterhorn we finally settled on riding the subs as the line was the smallest we had seen all day. In hindsight a nighttime ride may not have been the best idea as some of the on ride moments were a little intense for my daughter and I think opening and closing the ride with bright sunshine would have helped. Then again, had we waited for a daylight ride it may have never happened due to wait times.

I ended up resorting to quietly whispering how some of the effects are achieved to my daughter. My sister initially started to explain, but I cut her off a bit as she was speaking loudly and I am a firm believer in not ruining the magic for anyone who still believes. Upon exiting the subs, my daughter of course wanted to ride the monorail back and my sister once again balked a the idea of walking a few extra steps required. This was also when I was informed that Tomorrowland was my sister's
least favorite part of the parks. This would have been good information too know earlier in the day. (insert exasperated sigh and eyeroll here). (TIP: Wheteher traveling with frequent visitors or total newbies, find out if there are anythings they don't want to do, or areas they prefer not to spend much time in ahead of time, and plan accordingly) She had mentioned wanting to call and check in with her husband earlier in the day, so I recommended we split up and she could make her call when she found a quiet spot and we would meet back at the hotel.

Chaos temporarily handled, my daughter and I happily skipped up the ramp for our second ride. We arrived just as the train was leaving and were the only ones on deck at the moment so I kindly asked if we might be allowed to ride in the front with the captain. The wonderful cast member said that would be fine so long as they were not doing a training run. He also proceeded to stay and chat with us while we waited and even swapped spots with the incoming driver so he could personally drive us back to DTD. I made extra sure to drop off a compliment for him at Guest Relations.

By the time we made it back to the hotel, it was only about 10:30 and both my daughter and sister were ready for bed. I however was still bouncing with energy. My daughter had completely crashed out at this point. I managed to convince my sister to let me return to the parks, although she insisted I wait until she was done showering. Minutes that felt like hours passed and I was finally out the door. I didn't really realize how stressed I had been throughout the day until I launched out on my own. I booked it through DTD making plans all the way. My goals were to hit a few rides and possibly accomplish some souvenir shopping before returning to the hotel. I breezed through the gates at about 11:10 and made a beeline for Big Thunder Mountain.

It has always been my favorite and I was very excited to ride it and see the new end scene. It ended up being everything I had hoped for and more. I did make note that it was very dark at night, so I figured we would need to hit it up early in the day for my daughter.

I thought I might feel a bit out of place touring the park solo, but I have to admit it was quite the treat. I got to do what I wanted, when I wanted, at the pace I preferred. Bliss. (TIP: If there is anyway to make it possible, I highly recommend giving everyone who is old and responsible enough at least an hour or so to experience the park on their own. Ride the rides no one else is interested in, track down a favorite treat, do a little shopping, whatever floats their fancy)

Next up I had planned on trying to ride Haunted Mansion as my daughter had zero interest and it was fast becoming apparent that leaving my daughter and her aunt alone for extended periods of time was just not going to work out at all. It was a walk up, but I think only one elevator was running so after waiting about 5 minutes for it to appear I gave up and launched my way over to Indy. Boy was I glad that I did. I had thought this was a ride my daughter would enjoy, but after riding it again I realized that many of the simple effects would have been just too much for her. Once I exited the ride I realized I had about 10-15 left before park close to attempt to make it to Space Mountain. I made it with about 5 minutes to spare, but the line was still listed at 40 minutes and I just didn't think I could push my alone time that long.

So off to Star Tours again! Love that the scenes switch up and each ride is just a little different. Quickly became one of my new favorites and I can't wait to share it with my husband someday. Upon exiting the ride I really should have picked up that shirt, but c'est la vie.

I stopped by the photo center to upload our Jedi Academy shots to our PhotoPass account and I was out the gates and off to World of Disney to do some shopping. I had been told they would remain open until an hour after park closing, but at least on this night, that proved to be incorrect. So I slowly made my way back to the hotel and settled in for a brief amount of sleep.

I will leave off her and return with our second day at Disneyland. Thanks again for following along. Love the feedback and can't wait to work my way through all of your trip reports when I have the time!

I love being in the park by myself! And I absolutely love riding Big Thunder Mountain at night! I hope your second day went a little more smoothly and with less "chaos!" It seems to me that whoever gets to go less often should have more say about what they would like to do, but apparently that's not a widely-held concept...

I loved reading your trip report so far!! My hubby and I spent a day at DCA on our honeymoon and I'd love to go back with our kids one day!! It's tough when you can't please everyone and what they have in mind. I hope it didn't put too much of a damper on things.

I love being in the park by myself! And I absolutely love riding Big Thunder Mountain at night! I hope your second day went a little more smoothly and with less "chaos!" It seems to me that whoever gets to go less often should have more say about what they would like to do, but apparently that's not a widely-held concept...

We had some chaos throughout, but many great moments along the way as well.

I would normally agree, but have learned with my sister that things go smoothest if I let her be in charge. She is the eldest and her favorite princess was Belle, I am the youngest and loved Ariel. I think that gives a pretty clear picture of the dynamic, lol.

I loved reading your trip report so far!! My hubby and I spent a day at DCA on our honeymoon and I'd love to go back with our kids one day!! It's tough when you can't please everyone and what they have in mind. I hope it didn't put too much of a damper on things.

We made it work. I am doing my best to focus on the positive. I really debated whether or not to include our moments of chaos, but I feel like some of the moments would be helpful to share as I think with a little planning and forethought we could have worked around a lot of them. I am hoping that I can help prevent some future problems for other visitors by sharing.

Oh for sure it is helpful to hear about the chaos as well as all the awesome!! Not only for planning purposes but also because it helps to hear that you aren't alone in having some family tension even on vacation...I always feel guilty about it and like everyone should just be happy on vacay...but it's not always possible and you have to know how to deal with it!! Planning and trying to be on the same page definitely helps to a degree...but you can't always avoid the issues altogether!

Oh for sure it is helpful to hear about the chaos as well as all the awesome!! Not only for planning purposes but also because it helps to hear that you aren't alone in having some family tension even on vacation...I always feel guilty about it and like everyone should just be happy on vacay...but it's not always possible and you have to know how to deal with it!! Planning and trying to be on the same page definitely helps to a degree...but you can't always avoid the issues altogether!

I'm glad it is coming across as helpful. I think as the planners you just put so much energy into making it as perfect as possible that it can be hard to handle it when things don't go according to plan.

A truly Magical Morning

I was the first to blast out of bed in the morning and was ready to go in a matter of minutes. My daughter and sister were moving a bit slower. Rather than pace around while they pulled themselves together I ran downstairs to check at the front desk for the scavenger hunt lists offered by the Disney Hotels. I thought these would be a fun distraction, and I am a nut for trivia so I figured I could perhaps fill them in at meals. I also needed to report my VISA as lost and check to see if it had turned up, it hadn't. Once I finished my business, I returned to the room to check on the progress. I was delighted to discover both ladies were ready to go and that my daughter had even cheerfully allowed her Aunt to brush out her hair and pull it back into a "princess pony tail." Looked like things were off to a much better start.

zFIZPip.jpg

The plush Marie in the photo was something my daughter had spotted at the hotel gift shop while we had waited for our PP+ lanyard the day prior. I managed to convince her to wait, but she was nervous that it wouldn't be there when we returned as it was the only one on the rack. When we were on our way back to the park after our pool break, I managed to sneak purchase it and hide it in my backpack. I pulled it out around the time we were watching the fireworks and was instantly crowned, "the best mom ever."

We had magical morning entry on this day so we rushed to the front of the gates. We didn't managed to make it before they had started admitting people, but we were only about 15 minutes behind schedule. Our goal was Fantasyland as we had achieved most of Tomorrowland the day prior. My daughter was interested in Space Mountain, but I wanted her to try Big Thunder Mountain first just to make sure she actually liked coasters. On our way by we happened to notice what appeared to be next to no line for the AstroOrbitor. My daughter had expressed a desire to ride this the day prior, but it had been one of the few attractions my sister and I agreed was not really worth the 30+ minute wait. We all quickly agreed that this was a not to be missed opportunity and hopped in line. Within a few short minutes we were in our rockets and ready for take off.

qOyoTWy.jpg

We were fortunate enough to be able to borrow my father's GoPro camera for the trip and this was the first time I remembered to pull it out. My sister is making an odd face as she was trying to figure out how to work it. She figured it out and we ended up with a great video of their ride and some amazing shots of that area of the park. I was intending to snap some photos of my daughter and sister on the ride with my DSLR so I made sure to snag a rocket in front of them. I sat towards the back as I was riding solo and this nearly became my undoing as I am fairly short and it took me awhile to figure out how to stretch to reach and operate the controls to life my rocket. I did at least a spin and a half just cruising along at loading height. I finally figure it out and got this great shot.

wgrEKcO.jpg

I had never taken the time to ride the rockets, as the ride is very similar to the Dumbos, but lacks the Disney appeal. I would personally say that unless someone in your party is particularly enchanted with them, they are probably skippable. Your mileage may vary.

Once we had accomplished that it was off to Fantasyland. We had not managed to actually walk through the castle yet, so we headed in that direction. It was wonderful to have so few people in the park and it allowed us to get a few nice shots of my daughter in front with no other guests in the background. Priceless.

N9Pu3gs.jpg

yi6v8cQ.jpg

Our next stop was the carousel. The wait was short and my daughter was thrilled with her choice of horse.

do171d3.jpg

I intend to keep this photo of m sister for future blackmail. (I have a standing rule that if you purposefully make a silly face when I point my camera at you, I am free to post that photo wherever I choose)

52iQBCM.jpg

The park would be opening up to the public soon so we dashed on over to the Dumbo's.

nHwACpX.jpg

Up until this point I had been allowing my daughter to choose who she wanted to experience the attractions with, but I insisted on sharing Dumbo with her. There is just something about this attraction that speaks to me and sharing it with my child was something I had been looking forward to for a long time.

IuArIEg.jpg

My sister was fine with piloting her pachyderm on her own and also agreed to get some more GoPro video.

X7qr01T.jpg

While on the ride we spotted none other than Peter Pan himself making his way through the back edges of Fantasyland. We chased him down and I was so glad we did.

v8PEUpC.jpg

My daughter was excited to tell him that we were going to see him fight Hook at the River that night. (My sister had launched off to get Fantasmic fast passes). He responded that the river fight was super fun as he gets to win every night. :) He also made sure to clarify with her that she had not stolen Alice's kitty, Dinah.

r2AaJop.jpg

BsO2PhC.jpg

This was probably the most enchanting charecter encounter we had the whole trip. He really took the time to intereact with my daughter talking to her, walking around for awhile, and even pointing her in the direction of his nemesis when it was time for him to greet another child.

Hook was a lot of fun as well. My daughter claims he was trying to steal her kitty to protect him from TickTock Croc.

NRLnLXa.jpg

We also managed to stumble across Alice and the Hatter. I'm not sure exactly when, but my daughter and sister had managed to bump into Alice the day prior, but we were excited to see the two together. We got a quick signature from the Hatter and a great group shot of the pair with my daughter.

JqEYF3q.jpg

1zKnf6H.jpg

We had previously agreed to have some beignets for breakfast so we hiked around the back edge of Big Thunder (we picked up fastpasses for the coaster on our way by) and made our way to the Mint Julep bar. I am not a huge fan of donut type foods so I just snagged a set of three for my sister and daughter and a mint julep for myself. I had always wanted to try one and never got around to it. I ended up loving it and look forward to trying a real (alcohol included) version should I ever visit the actual South.

M4aaOkM.jpg

5ivQGTF.jpg

So far this morning had been completely magical and chaos free. These first couple hours in the park will remain as some of my best memories of our entire trip. I am going to leave off here on the high note of tasty snacks and a yummy drink.

Sounds like a perfect morning! So glad you will have some amazing memories!! That drink looks delish!! I can just picture sitting on the porch of a white plantation house sipping one of those....sigh. I haven't been to the "actual" south either...can you tell?

Glad you had such a great morning!

Sounds like a perfect morning! So glad you will have some amazing memories!! That drink looks delish!! I can just picture sitting on the porch of a white plantation house sipping one of those....sigh. I haven't been to the "actual" south either...can you tell?

It really was our best time in the parks. Would have been nice if the whole trip had gone so smoothly. This is part of the reason we are planning on 5 days instead of 3 when we return. I figure we can stay at the Disney properties (still working on convincing the spouse creature this is worth it), get in an hour early rush until lunch, and then if needed just give up and go back to the hotel for swimming and simpler activites. Watch some movies in the rooms, break off into smaller groups to return to the parks, etc.

The drink was really good! I was contemplating skipping it as I had heard reports that it was no longer as good and tasted way too artificial. I found it to be the perfect refreshment on a hot day. I imagine there are still some southern women who do sip these on a hot day on their porches. :)

Glad you had such a great morning!

It really was! I was also super grateful to my sister for how wonderful my daughter's hair looked in all the photos that morning. Lasted well until we hit the pool.

5 days at a Disney hotel sounds just divine. If you need help convincing him...just direct him over to the DIS lol. I'm sure lots of people would be willing to help. Sigh...and then when you convince him...he can convince my DH that we should go spend a week onsite lol.

5 days at a Disney hotel sounds just divine. If you need help convincing him...just direct him over to the DIS lol. I'm sure lots of people would be willing to help. Sigh...and then when you convince him...he can convince my DH that we should go spend a week onsite lol.

A lot will depend on what the budget ends up being. If the funds are available it's usually pretty easy to convince to invest in experiences over things, but $1-1.5K is a pretty steep difference. I did make some progress by showing him some of the video we shot during our early entry day. It was quite obvious that the crowds were nearly nonexistent. Those 5 extra morning hours would be huge for our little ones. I do think I will dig around the forum and see what kinds of photos and things I can find. He works 60+ hours a week so no way is he going to have the time to find them himself.

He was actually thinking a WDW trip might make more sense as the hotels are cheaper and I am pretty good at finding cheap flights. Then I showed him a comparison of the mileage of the two resorts. He ended up agreeing that WDW will be great once our little ones are a few years older and don't need mid-day naps.

In an attempt to be a good example I declined purchasing the shirt and decided to wait in case I spotted something better. (SPOILER ALERT: I didn't, and failed completely to return and the only other place I found it was missing his size. Lesson learned.)
... it's always a tough situation in that you don't want to rush into purchases you later regret but then you don't want to miss out on an opportunity that might not present itself again. I think it if is something you were thinking about getting even before the trip then I think ok to buy it right when you first see it but if it is just a spur of the moment thing, then best to wait and digest it and see if you still really want it

Sounds like a really nice morning with little to no lines and you got on a bunch of classic rides!

... it's always a tough situation in that you don't want to rush into purchases you later regret but then you don't want to miss out on an opportunity that might not present itself again. I think it if is something you were thinking about getting even before the trip then I think ok to buy it right when you first see it but if it is just a spur of the moment thing, then best to wait and digest it and see if you still really want it

Sounds like a really nice morning with little to no lines and you got on a bunch of classic rides!

I was planning to get him a Star Wars/Disney shirt but I was hoping to find something with Jedi Mickey on it. On our next trip I will be planning some time just for shopping into the agenda so I have time to go back if needed.

It really was a great morning. Ideal in nearly every way.

Wrapping up The Family Chaos

What started out as an ideal morning quickly disolved into one moment of chaos after another. Rather than belabor the point, I will just wrap up that particular line of drama here. By the end of this day we decided that rather than having my brother in law join us in the parks for our final day as originally intended, he would pick up my sister at the hotel after this evenings showing of Fantasmic instead. For whatever reason, we were just not making it work and everyone was stressed to the point of not enjoying themselves. Once we decided on this plan of attack things smoothed out considerably.

Because all Disney stories must have happily ever afters, I want to say that my sister and her husband returned to the parks the following week and had a wonderful time just the two of them. They even decided to upgrade and get Annual Pass once again. I also made sure to wait to order my photo pass photos until after their visit so they got some great couples shots. :)

J6vJy3M.jpg

Of

Roller Coasters, Tasty Food, and Characters, Oh My!

While the girls finished their beignets, I ran over to the river to take a few shots of the Columbia where she was docked. This was my favorite shot. Such a beautiful ship.

f1hIPv6.jpg

Next we decided to check out Big Thunder Mountain. The line had increased past our preferred wait time, so we decided to pick up fast passes and head over to ToonTown before the day got too much hotter. We again took the path behind Big Thunder and were rewarded with a Jessie sighting!

kA7M0sg.jpg

She has always been one of my daughter's favorites, so it was very exciting to see her at Big Thunder Ranch. It was also a great excuse to go check out the goats. Such sweet beasties, but being from a rural area hard to justify a visit without additional reasons to stop.

Once we arrived in Toontown, we saw that the wait for Roger Rabbit was posted at about 20 minutes so we decided to go ahead and get in line. I hadn't been sure how my daughter would feel about this ride as she is unfamiliar with the movie, and the content is a bit more intimidating than some of the other attractions we had experienced so far. It ended up being just fine, and the ability to spin the car worked out in my favor, as I just spun her view away from the images I thought might bother her. She loved the fast paced effect of spinning your way through and it was a big hit for all involved.

The rest of ToonTown was a bit of a let down. It seems as though the area has just not aged well. We poked around a bit and then decided to move along fairly quickly. We debated waiting in line to meet Minnie, but her wait was over 30 minutes and we still had a large list of things we wanted to finish before the day was out.

We had about an hour before our Big Thunder passes were open for use, so we decided to run down to Fantasy Faire to check and see if Aurora would be in that day. Sadly she would not be making any appearances in the park that day so it was looking as though our chances of meeting her were closing fast. On our way out of the location, we spotted a photo pass photographer who was more than happy to get some shots with the castle in the background. She made sure to add a little magic as well. Sadly the magic shot that worked correctly was not the best shot of our group.

lZVYumc.jpg

I think it works with two Pascals, yes?

wRoXIDS.jpg

After this, we stopped for a few minutes to watch the ducks in the moat. We even saw a few babies swimming with their Mama.

V00EbtD.jpg

My daughter was very interested in riding the train and we had a bit longer to wait on those fast passes so we decided to head back through the castle and meet the train at the ToonTown station. On our way through Fantasyland we noticed what looked like an incredibly short line for Snow White. On further inspection, we realized that it was in fact about a five minute wait so we happily go in line. I'm glad we did as that ended up being the only classic dark ride we experienced. The queue must have been just a little foreboding, as this was a rare time my daughter requested to ride with me instead of her Aunt. At the end of the ride she commented that it ended abruptly, which made me chuckle as that is a common complaint going back decades.

Once at the train station we had a very short wait before we heard it chugging it's way into the station. My father has passed his love of trains (and really all forms of transportation) along to my daughter. She was very excited to get home and tell her Papa all about it.

4FJaaGi.jpg

2UILk1u.jpg

Loved getting a chance to snap this photo of IASW from this angle.

xo3dbrB.jpg

Upon returning home, my grandmother told me that when they took my uncle to the park in the 70s, they spent most of the day on the train as he wanted to see the dinosaurs again and again. I was happy to tell her that they were still there and still just as delightful.

I couldn't resist taking this shot of the Main Street Station sign. Some things are just iconic.

WuyLRHr.jpg

Once we arrived at our destination we hurried over to Big Thunder. Another guest was kind enough to take this shot of us standing in line.

gf0Ly9H.jpg

I have no idea how to upload videos, but I did manage to capture my daughter's entire first ride with the GoPro. As it's one of my favorites and it was her first "real" roller coaster I am so glad that I did. It was a really great memory to be able to share with family when we returned home. If you are considering taking video in the parks I really can't recommend GoPros enough. Tiny enough to fit in a small bag and with a seemingly endless variety of harnesses you can use to take both great videos and be mindful of park rules and safety. Worth every penny of the investment!

After this we decided it was time for lunch and I had my heart set on the BBQ Chicken Stuffed Potatoes at the Harbor Galley.

ZgviLPj.jpg

Paired with a cup of sweet tea, I think this was my favorite meal from our whole trip. My daughter had a hard time choosing so we settled on the broccoli and cheese soup (we ordered with no bread bowl as it would have gone to waste) and a fruit cup. Easily the healthiest meal she had the whole time we were there and she loved it. If you decide to check out this great lunch spot, don't worry if it seems as though the tables are all taken. If you follow the path around the back of the restaurant there are some more tables in a nice shaded area that is both quiet and away from the crowds. So quiet in fact, that one of the wild water fowl (I believe it was an American Coot) hopped up and walked all around the tables. Sadly I didn't get any photos as we were too busy enjoying the view and stuffing our faces with the tasty eats.

At some point in the day we had picked up fast passes for Space Mountain. I believe this is when we worked our way back over there, although my timelines seem a tad off. After lunch may not have been the wisest time to experience this attraction, but we boldly went anyway and were rewarded for our bravery with an excellent experience, although not really a ride photo worth keeping.

wUCpOan.jpg

At this point we were ready for a break so we marched back to the hotel for a break. Once again my daughter and I went to the pool while my sister hung back at the room (she ended up deciding on a nap). I took the opportunity to FaceTime my husband and was lucky enough to catch both of my little ones wide awake and chatty. I also took advantage of the opportunity to show my husband the pool and some views of DCA. (Laying the ground work for future trips) We switched back to a regular call and chatted for a few minutes before he needed to get back to whatever it was they were doing.

As soon as I ended the call I looked up to discover two bouncing children racing to the foot of my lounge chair. They had spotted my pin lanyard from across the pool and were very excited to ask about trading. I was more than happy to show what I had and in their excitement their mother had to remind them that they needed to trade pins back. When I told them they could pick whatever pin they wanted from my lanyard and just give me whatever pin they had that they liked the least they were even more thrilled. The powers that be rewarded my generosity with a Figaro pin, which was the main character I had been hoping to find. :)

With that business attended to, it was time to return to the room and plan out the rest of our day.

Enjoying keeping up! So fun! And it's fun to know that pin trading happens even outside the parks. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter