First TR

Amanda86

Let's be friendly
I will be posting nightly, so I don't forget what happened day by day. We are traveling with three adults and four tiny humans.
Left Saturday morning around 8:30, stopped at mount eagle for breakfast, stopped again in Macon, GA for had and pee break, made it to Gainesville, FL by 7, pizza hut for dinner and my mom and super hottie husband went in search for her wine. Didn't find it cane back with stuff for mimosas! Got back up at 7 Sunday morning, left hotel around 9 made it to our campsite by 11.

Check in was a breeze. No line, buttons for all, and campsite was ready.

Unpacked and set up campsite. I will upload pictures tomorrow of campsite. Let the kids and my mom go sure seeing while SHH (super hottie husband) set up camp. Then loaded back up to go get groceries, our oldest son did not want to leave the Disney bubble. Came back kids ran and played while we unloaded groceries.

My mom decided she wanted a golf cart so she and my SHH went and got one while I got the bigger kids ready to swim. They came back with her cart, and we went swimming.

After swimming we packed up hotdogs for dinner and went to the bonfire/sing a long. So much fun! My mom and I were tipsy, but appropriate. She took the baby back to the camper to sleep for bed and we watch some of the movie, then went to see the parade on the beach. Then hoped on the boat going to contemporary resort and rode all around the lake back to the fort. As we were getting off our boys shook the captain's hands and were given, pirate hats, swords and eye patches, or daughter was given a big costume jewelry ring. Came back to the camper and not one complaint about bedtime.

P.s. can I upload pictures from my phone or should I use my laptop?

Last edited:
Looks like a great start to a fun vacation. Enjoy your time. Keep us posted on your vacation, but only when you have time.

Appreciate you taking the time.

Easiest way to upload pics is using the "upload a file" feature.

Sounds like a fantastic first day. Appreciate you posting as you go. It makes it fun to log on everyday to see what adventure "we" had. I love all the magic your kids had on the boat. In all the trips on the boat, I don't remember any kids getting anything. And SHH? Pretty nice. Fairly sure my DW would refer to me as PAH (pretty average husband) :rolleyes2

j

Wow what a day! Exhausted, but worth it.
Today was Epcot, EMH. Me and SHH got up around 6am to get showers and get snack bag packed. About 15 minutes after 7, we were all up and going, kids ate breakfast while we got the stroller ready and spent 20 minutes running in and out of the camper getting last minute items.

We rode the bus to Epcot and got there about 15 minutes after it opened. We had fastpass+ but only used it for test track. Other than that we walked right onto every ride all day. The longest wait was to see four different characters. Jasmine and Aladdin in Morocco, Belle in France and Alice in London. The only ride we didn't get to was soarin and that was because we didn't walk by it for me to find it. We even watched a sneak peak of the new movie Tomorrowland.

Our two older boys did not care about meeting any characters until they met Aladdin. (All the boys wanted to do was ride, rides.)He was great with them he interacted with them so much that they finally started smiling again. Jasmine spent so much time with Taylor, I am pretty sure we were getting mean looks. But this is Taylor's birthday present so...oh well, lol. Even the picture takers took way more than three snap shots of Taylor and Jasmine and the boys with Aladdin and of course a couple of family shots.

My mom bought me a wine and schnapps in Germany. And as predicted she took tons of pictures for her garden back home.

We finally made it back to the campground around 7. SHH made hotdogs, hamburgers and since the grill was already going he made brats, more hamburgers and the rest of the hotdogs for meals later this week.

Things we would like improvement on... fastpass+ reminders used on the mydisneyexperience and some way for magic bands to chime or sound an alarm if someone is trying to leave with your child. Kind of like when you have a baby at the hospital type deal.

Kids were given stickers tonight on the boat.

I think in the fall we are coming back to just hangout at the fort. The kids keep asking to go swimming again. Wednesday is our day off from the parks. So swimming it is...

Also our children are having a blast with all the wildlife running around. Lizards, squirrels, rabbits, deer, raccoon, ducks, and birds. We have informed them not to go and try to pick up any of the wildlife, yes, mine would try.

Tomorrow is HS. Going to try and get star wars Jedi training. Our oldest will probably tell Darth vador yes he will join the dark side. He has already asked if he can wear his Darth vador shirt to HS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter