First timers!

kreckl

DIS Veteran
We are WDW lovers and have never been to US. Can I get a quick "must do" for a one day visit with a ten year old boy?

what date are you going to the darkside?

are you planning to do both parks?

Yes which park... I can tell you what my 10 year old boy loved when we went in june

US:
Mummy
Transformers
MIB
Simpsons

Those were his top 4

IOA:
Spiderman
Hulk
Forbidden Journey
Dragon Challenge coaster
Jurassic Park
Rip Saw Falls
Bluto's Barge (i think thats the name)

I'd add in there the Jurassic Discovery Centre, Camp Jurassic and the Super Heroes Cavalcade

If you can give us a little bit of his interests and what he likes at WDW, that would also be helpful.

Jurassic Park might be good if he doesn't seem to mind falls and likes dinosaurs alot. :) I would recommend Jaws, since that was slow but had some good thrills, but that was shut down at the beginning of this year... I LOVED Back To The Future when I was about his age, but that's been replaced by The Simpsons... Oh!!! Does he like shooting games? If he does, he'll LOVE Men In Black! :D I kicked butt on that one and had a blast!

But it depends which Universal park you choose. If you choose Islands of Adventure instead, I gotta say... Only things I remember riding all day that day were Harry Potter and The Forbidden Journey, which was my FAVORITE, and Flight of The Hippogriff. I only rode the second one because Sirious Black's (and Reubeus Hagrid's) Hippogriff, Buckbeak is one of my favorite animal characters in the series. Otherwise, I would never have ridden it because I HATE coasters.

But Harry Potter and The Forbidden Journey, like I said, was AMAZING. You've got your wizards, witches, spitting tarantulas, dementors, and even a FIRE-BREATHING NORWEGIAN RIDGEBACK DRAGON!!! And the waiting que for the ride is just as amazing as the rest of the experience! You even get to walk through Madam Pomfrey's classroom on the school grounds and look at some screaming, wiggling Mandrakes!

And of course the Harry Potter sweets sold at the shops are SOOO worth a trip! I fell head over heels in love with their pumpkin cider! <3 But thinking of it makes me wanna cry... Where I live, they used to sell chocolate frogs with cards, cotton candy bubblegum, and Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans... But they stopped selling all of it when The Wizarding World of Harry Potter was completed, and I can't just go there and get my 'Potter fix. :'(

Oh! I almost forgot some other things from the other park, though. The first park I was talking about also has a really cool Beetlejuice show. If your son knows even remotely who BJ is, that show'd be really fun to watch. :) ((Lol Wayyy too many kids no longer have any inkling as to who THE GHOST WITH THE MOST is!)) ((('Scuse me. lol XD I just really love Beetlejuice. I've watched the entire animated series and the movie wayyy too many times. lol)))

And no matter who you are or what age you are, if you like E.T., the E.T. Adventure ride is a must-do! It's slow, and not really action packed, but if you love E.T. enough, it will always be fun.

I'll provide some links so you can take a look at some things yourself. :)

Harry Potter and The Forbidden Journey

Jurassic Park

POTTER SWEETS!!!

The Simpsons

Despicable Me Minion Mayhem

Men In Black Alien Attack

Betelgeuse, Betelgeuse, BETELGEUSE!!!

E.T.'s Adventure MY name for this ride, though... "TO THE GREEEEEEEEN PLAAAAANNNNNET!!!!" OR, since I'm kind of a hardcore E.T. nerd... "WHAT THE HECK IS BOTANNICUS DOING STRANDED ON EARTH TWICE?!".

He LOVES Jaws- that's his favorite movie. He is also a HP fan, not as much so as a year ago but he has read every book and seen every movie, so we would like to do that. He likes coasters but not crazy ones ( has never done SpaceM but loves BigThM, likes EE but not a fan of backwards part. Doesn't like loud anything~ favorite ride is Spl mtn~would do that all day long. Wouldn't do any coaster rides at SW..
We are going to WDW this Sept, and I thought it would be fun to do a different park.
Thanks so much for the help! It looks like one day there ( would we need 2?) would be pretty expensive so I want to be sure we plan it out and do it right.

Just watched the links-thanks! He loves Jurassic park and I love ET~ he is a big Spielberg fan! Two parks?? I didn't even realize that....

I would do two days for sure. We did two in June, one at each park. We said that for our next visit, we would like at least three, maybe four!

He LOVES Jaws- that's his favorite movie. He is also a HP fan, not as much so as a year ago but he has read every book and seen every movie, so we would like to do that. He likes coasters but not crazy ones ( has never done SpaceM but loves BigThM, likes EE but not a fan of backwards part. Doesn't like loud anything~ favorite ride is Spl mtn~would do that all day long. Wouldn't do any coaster rides at SW..
We are going to WDW this Sept, and I thought it would be fun to do a different park.
Thanks so much for the help! It looks like one day there ( would we need 2?) would be pretty expensive so I want to be sure we plan it out and do it right.

JAWS is gone ..Its been gone since Jan 2012.The new Harry Potter expansion is being built in its place

Bummer about Jaws.
I'm tempted to do 3 days~ its like disney where "oh for only $50 more we could add another day..."
But-that shortens the amount of disney days we would need on that ticket, which raises the park per day price considerably....
Hmmm...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter