First Timers

Sparklesofia

Earning My Ears
Tell me everything we need to know! Thanks!! :rotfl2:

Okay...we are so excited, but as we get closer, we are starting to stress about what we don't know. I just found out about formal and semi formal dining - we didn't know about that.
I think I have about 10 tshirts that can be dressed up with jewelry (they are okay, not junky tees, but they ARE tees)...are they okay for 'cruise casual?' But I didn't plan on bringing cruise casual....casual is capri pants and tees for me. I can do formal and semi formal, but will I be okay will my plan for cruise casual?

I think I'll have to take the kids to the Disney Store to grab some new dresses for my girls and maybe pirate stuff...

What are the things I don't know - if I don't know anything? I know that's so impossible, but now I'm stressing and this needs to be a stress reliever!!

princess:

Thanks
Sofia

Besides reading the DIS here for information on everything you would want to know about cruising (lots written about dress code), get on the DCL website as well.

You'll find everything you wanted to know but were afraid to ask.

Have a wonderful cruise.

No-one could tell you everything you need to know!:goodvibes

If you have a question about something put it in the search of this forum and there will be your answer!

This is a brilliant place to get answers!

Also go to the forums list at the top and look at 'trip reports' and look for a similar cruise to the one you'll be on, make a coffee and sit back and read! :coffee:

I'd also like to say, relax! :goodvibes
We tried to do too much and planned so much that our first cruise got a little caught up in that at times. Sometimes you need to stop to smell the roses. :flower3:

This place is amazing but it can also be a curse to know too much!

Welcome and happy cruising!

Join your cruise meet, sign up to do FEs (if you have time before the cruise), take time to just relax on the cruise - walk around and explore the ship.

We were first time cruisers two weeks ago! :) your outfits will be fine! There are all kinds of clothes worn in the MDRs every night! The one thing I wish I had done on our cruise was relax! I was so stressed trying to make sure everyone else (4 kids and DH) had a good time that I never took time to really enjoy it. Told DH that we have to go on another one next year so I can correct that mistake! ;)

A friend of mine who's dealt with a lot of stress in her life, and is usually unflappable, was way overstressed about her first cruise. :confused3

Cruises are for enjoying -- don't sweat the details.

Meanwhile, you've come to the right web site. Just keep reading.

In Finding Nemo, Dory advised, "keep swimming, keep swimming." Here, it's "keep reading, keep reading."

Have a fun cruise!

Your idea of cruise casual and mine are the same. You will not be turned away at dinner for your clothing (unless you show up in a bathing suit). When we went to Alaska in June, there were people on formal night who wore jeans and a shirt. Everything is fine for the kids. Some wear shorts, some get dressed up and there are princesses and pirates galore. Wear what you are comfortable in and relax and have a great vacation.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter