First Timers

disfreak2

Earning My Ears
My DS (12) and I are staying @ POR 10/2/12 - 10/8/12 and my sister and her son (16) are joining us for their first visit. We are excited beyond words but I am really feeling obligated to make sure they don't miss anything fabulous. I have already told them that it is impossible to see it all in 1 trip but we will definitely hit all the high points. She is working a ton of overtime to pay for the trip and I want it to be everything I have told her it is. Does anyone have any suggestions for the can't-miss attractions? They are both fairly adventurous and will love all of the rides (even the ones her wimpy sister doesn't). We also considered seeing Yehaw Bob since he is right there at our resort. Any thoughts?:confused:

I would recommend letting them decide what their "can't miss" attractions would be. Maybe buy a couple of guidebooks, tell them about this website and other Disney websites to help them get an idea of all there is to see and do.

POR is great and Bob is wonderful. Since it sounds like she may be on a budget don't forget all the free things. The boat to DTD from POR is a great break from the parks and don't forget to hit the monorail for a couple of loops.

We have fallen in love with the animation class at Hollywood Studios and that becomes a free souvenior from the trip. Also stop in the Haramony Kingdom barber shop for a little pixie dust. There is so much to do so pace yourselves and have fun.

I'm going with a first-timer next week! I suggested she read the Unofficial Guide, which she did. Now she's the one telling me all about Fastpasses and what rides she needs to go on lol.

In addition, I'm putting together a little touring plan (which I NEVER do), so she doesn't miss the attractions she wants to go on most. We're also going to do RD (which I'm usually too lazy to do :p ) to be sure we can do as much as possible.

one thing is to make sure you aren't crashing too early. take a break in mid-day if you need it. the fireworks shows (wishes/illuminations) are must-do but you won't enjoy them as much if you are exhausted...

My DS (12) and I are staying @ POR 10/2/12 - 10/8/12 and my sister and her son (16) are joining us for their first visit. We are excited beyond words but I am really feeling obligated to make sure they don't miss anything fabulous. I have already told them that it is impossible to see it all in 1 trip but we will definitely hit all the high points. She is working a ton of overtime to pay for the trip and I want it to be everything I have told her it is. Does anyone have any suggestions for the can't-miss attractions? They are both fairly adventurous and will love all of the rides (even the ones her wimpy sister doesn't). We also considered seeing Yehaw Bob since he is right there at our resort. Any thoughts?:confused:

Staying for that period of time, during that time of year, you can see it all, much of it multi times without a problem. It just takes planning and getting there at rope drops.

Give them the Birnbaum book and the UG. Ask them to review at least the Birnbaum and let you know what they want to do.

Be prepared to stop a lot for them to take pictures. I've gone with a lot of people on their first trips. They all take a LOT of pictures. :). I'm sure we all did, once upon a time.

I would recommend Frommer's too, plus just have them look at the Disney website and get some more ideas. Depending on the lines, have some back up ideas to replace the ...must sees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter