First Timer's Review of DLH Concierge Level

bamagirl@hrt

DIS Veteran
We just returned from our first trip to Southern California, which included a stay at the DLH June 22-26. I've always wanted to stay concierge level at a Disney hotel, but our much longer trips to WDW have always made it cost prohibitive. This four night trip was the perfect opportunity to try it. At booking, my husband was skeptical and didn't understand the big deal. His mind was changed...

First of all - the room was PERFECT! We were on the 10th floor, room 2845, with a view of DTD and the parks. The first night we watched the fireworks from our room. We could also see the parts of WOC, but didn't have the music in the room for that. Still, a beautiful view. And the moon was full while we were there, making the night sky even prettier!

The room itself was much larger than I was expecting. We had 2 queen beds and the sofa daybed. That was great, because even though there were only 4 of us, the kids didn't have to share a bed. We had double sinks in the bathroom. It was also nice that the toilet closed off from the rest of the bath.

I'd read from others that the lounge offerings aren't great at DLH. However, we found them to be adequate. I knew upon booking that we would use the lounge for breakfast. We made a point to be there when the lounge opened at 6:30 for a quick breakfast before heading out to the park for early entry. There was always fruit, cheese, deli meats, boiled eggs, pastries, oatmeal, bagels, and cereals for breakfast. I quickly fell in love with the expresso machine!

We also found that, unlike WDW where our main meal is usually dinner, we prefer our main meal to be lunch at DLR. We hit the park at 7am and played hard until early to mid afternoon, having lunch at the park. Then we would come back to the hotel to rest by the pool. We would clean up, grab "dinner" in the lounge, and head back to the parks around 6:30 when the temps started cooling off again. The lounge had veggie sticks and dip, fruit, cheese & crackers, and 3 hot appetizers each evening. PB&J uncrustables were always available too. One of our four nights, we were there for dessert.

We found ourselves very spoiled by how easy it was to run up one floor to the lounge to grab some bottled water, fruit, soda, etc... When we continued on to San Diego after DLR, the first thing we all said was that we missed concierge!

The desk staff in the lounge was also helpful in rearranging some of our dining reservations after we found that our preferred dining time was different here than at WDW. And the wait staff there was always friendly and eager to get whatever we requested, such as water bottles or milk cartons that were not in the fridge.

Oh, and my son told me to be sure not to forget the turndown service with chocolates on our pillows at night.

And for any WDW vets who are hesitant to stay here because of it being the farthest hotel from the parks - don't hesitate! I timed it the first morning. We walk at a moderate pace, and it took us 7 minutes from when we left the hotel to be in line at DCA! That is NOTHING in WDW terms! It can take that long to walk to the bus stop, not counting the time waiting for a bus, the time on the bus, and the time walking to the park entrance from the bus. We also took the monorail to/from DL to DTD a few times, which saved a few steps.

I'm happy to answer any questions, if I can. We had a fabulous visit!

So glad you enjoyed it! Stayed there last Dec and noticed that they had upgraded the offerings at breakfast and happy hour! I really need to start my day off with protein so loved the hard boiled eggs and deli meats. And like you, could make the hot appetizers plenty for dinner. And I am a waterholic so really appreciate all the water! Did you try their home made potato chips?? Sooo good!

I am taking 2 girlfriends from college next month and am surprising them with concierge level!

And yes - the Nespresso machine was awesome!!! I can not do the pod stuff in the rooms so was very happy to see the machines! All 3 DLR hotel concierge lounges have them now.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it so much ... Of the 3 Disneyland Resort Hotel CL's, I personally rank the DLH's CL #1 ... I liked it even more than the GCH's CL even though overall I prefer the GCH over the DLH.

Thank you for the review. My brother and I are going to stay there in October and decided to the concierge for the hell of it and part of a late birthday gift and the last time that I was in the concierge at the DLH was before they built California Adventure.

Now looking more forward to that after the review here.

I enjoyed your review. We are considering a first time trip to DLR. I would love to stay concierge level at the Disneyland Hotel. It sounds like it really helped to enhance your trip. Thank you for sharing!

Thank you for the great review! We have been staying at the DLH off & on for several years now. The wife has been wanting to try the Concierge Level for several visits but, she has always waited to long to make the reservations. This year she says she will get the reservations. Glad to hear you had such a wonderful time!:cool1:

We also love staying Concierge. (Don't always do it!) In terms of the walk....I would compare staying at any of the DLR hotels comparable to staying at Bay lake Towers and walking to Magic Kingdom. It was a very doable and convenient walk. Although with no urgency, just like at Disney World, I prefer the monorail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter