• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First timer- need info for visiting w/child in wheelchair

benandsammom

Earning My Ears
Hi All!
We are going to Disney for the first time with our 5 year old and 8 year old, in August!! I wanted to get information from anyone who has gone to Disney with a nonamblatory child. I got the booklets from Disney, but I would loe to get first hand information and suggestions.
Thanks
benandsammmom:)

We've been traveling to WDW since 1987 with a child with a wheelchair.
WDW is mostly very accessible. If you see a seet of stairs, you will find a ramp nearby.
There are quite a few rides where you need to transfer out of the wheelchair into the ride car, but when our daughter was less than 10, she was pretty easy to lift into most of the rides. Even if you can't lift your child out of the wheelchair, there are many attractions that don't require a transfer.

If you check out the disABILITIES Board, you will find the disABILITIES FAQs thread near the top of the board. One of the posts in that thread has some links to past threads that might be helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter