First timer from Australia

teddykins

Happily in love :)
Hello all, been reading the boards the last few days and it's full of lots of fantastic information for a first timer so well done! :) I'm currently planning a US trip with a close friend of mine, we're coming over from Australia and it'll be my first time in the US, Disney, Universal..everywhere over there so I am veeeeeery excited!! The main reason we were coming over was for a cruise on the Imagination but I really didn't want to go alllllll that way for a 3 day cruise so we added in WDW and Universal to our trip and now I am jumping around excited to meet Donald Duck as he is my favourite as well as Mickey & Minnie!

Our trip will be from Oct 23rd - Nov 4th and since we'll be over there for Halloween we've decided (or rather *I* decided :rotfl: ) we have to do the Halloween event.. 2 nights if the dates permit us too which was a ok with my partner as she likes candy so hopefully we can get tickets..does anyone know the general month when they are usually announced/released? The wait for October is going to kill me I think, I am super excited! :hyper:

Hello all, been reading the boards the last few days and it's full of lots of fantastic information for a first timer so well done! :) I'm currently planning a US trip with a close friend of mine, we're coming over from Australia and it'll be my first time in the US, Disney, Universal..everywhere over there so I am veeeeeery excited!! The main reason we were coming over was for a cruise on the Imagination but I really didn't want to go alllllll that way for a 3 day cruise so we added in WDW and Universal to our trip and now I am jumping around excited to meet Donald Duck as he is my favourite as well as Mickey & Minnie!

Our trip will be from Oct 23rd - Nov 4th and since we'll be over there for Halloween we've decided (or rather *I* decided :rotfl: ) we have to do the Halloween event.. 2 nights if the dates permit us too which was a ok with my partner as she likes candy so hopefully we can get tickets..does anyone know the general month when they are usually announced/released? The wait for October is going to kill me I think, I am super excited! :hyper:

:welcome: to the DIS! How exciting this trip must be for you - that's an awful lot of "firsts" all at once!

I'm assuming you're talking about the Halloween event at WDW, correct? If so, the dates for MNSSHP are generally released some time in March or April with tickets going on sale in May.

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to ask. I hope your Trip of Firsts is magical! pixiedust:

Welcome.jpg

BearcatsFan said:
:welcome: to the DIS! How exciting this trip must be for you - that's an awful lot of "firsts" all at once!

I'm assuming you're talking about the Halloween event at WDW, correct? If so, the dates for MNSSHP are generally released some time in March or April with tickets going on sale in May.

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to ask. I hope your Trip of Firsts is magical! pixiedust:

Thanks for the welcome everyone! Yes that's the one I meant thanks a lot, we don't celebrate Halloween over here so excited to experience it all Mickey style. I'm sure its going to be a fabulous trip..if the flight doesn't kill me first hehe :)

Thanks for the welcome everyone! Yes that's the one I meant thanks a lot, we don't celebrate Halloween over here so excited to experience it all Mickey style. I'm sure its going to be a fabulous trip..if the flight doesn't kill me first hehe :)

You'll love it! Are you planning to wear costumes? :teeth:

BearcatsFan said:
You'll love it! Are you planning to wear costumes? :teeth:

We are yes! My travel partner has hers picked out already but I really have no clue what I want to go as..I've seen some lovely costumes though so am sure I'll find something in the upcoming months. It's a bit hard as we have to take ours with us from over here and at the same time obey the weight limits for our luggage on the airlines as well as leave plenty of room for souvenirs so its a huge balancing act because I know I'm going to spend a bit on merchandise :D

teddykins said:

Ok. Something's to consider with your planning. Most likely you will catch part of epcots food and wine festival. It is sort of like a college feel food festival. Casual with many overindulged visitors, except they're all pushing strollers.

I wouldn't do the Halloween party twice. It is a must. It is not a must do twice in a short period.

Finally. In 2012 we visited from Nov 1-10. We were able to do Food wine at Epcot. We also caught the last Halloween party and first Christmas party all in one visit- food for thought.

Feel free to pm if you have any specific questions. I will gladly "work" for Australian candy. Just kidding.

Also not sure your age or budget but if your coming to USA for first time I would probably visit NYC. If you want to visit Chicago, I'll buy you pizza-please note I don't really like living in Chicago. All my Australian relatives and my husbands coworkers seem to enjoy it. My best friend is from Sydney and we both like NYC, but she is crazy enough to live in LA.

Finally look at mousesavers . com for some money saving travel ideas.

akcire said:
Ok. Something's to consider with your planning. Most likely you will catch part of epcots food and wine festival. It is sort of like a college feel food festival. Casual with many overindulged visitors, except they're all pushing strollers.

I wouldn't do the Halloween party twice. It is a must. It is not a must do twice in a short period.

Finally. In 2012 we visited from Nov 1-10. We were able to do Food wine at Epcot. We also caught the last Halloween party and first Christmas party all in one visit- food for thought.

Feel free to pm if you have any specific questions. I will gladly "work" for Australian candy. Just kidding.

Also not sure your age or budget but if your coming to USA for first time I would probably visit NYC. If you want to visit Chicago, I'll buy you pizza-please note I don't really like living in Chicago. All my Australian relatives and my husbands coworkers seem to enjoy it. My best friend is from Sydney and we both like NYC, but she is crazy enough to live in LA.

Finally look at mousesavers . com for some money saving travel ideas.

I'll see if my friend wants to check out the food and wine festival personally Im not one for those sorts of events but she may like it. We thought to do 2 nights because there seems to be so much to do? Trick or treating, character meet and greets, fireworks, parades, rides..all of which we'd like to do (except maybe the parades) and the night we were going to go was the 31st which I imagine is one of the busiest nights being actual Halloween so thought by going twice we would at least get to do all if not most of what we want to do and won't feel so rushed to do it all in one night? However we haven't really sat down and planned our days and nights out yet so may still only do one night.. Need to find time to shop shop shop as I don't think I'd be allowed back in the house if I forget mums presents :D

We can't change our dates, I'd love to pop up to NYC but unfortunately money doesn't grow on trees and besides need to save stuff for my next trip, right? :) The fairies will get hungry on the flight so not sure how much Aussie candy will be left for you lol. Thanks for the food and wine suggestion.

Halloween night sells out quickly. If you really want to go the 31 buy those tickets early.

Shopping in Fl is okay but not great. The nicest mall near Orlando has the Bloomingdales as one of the anchors. I believe it is the millenium mall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter