• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

first time with park hoppers

plucky

Mouseketeer
We haven't been to the World in three very long years. We've been 5 times during the winter months with base tickets. This is the first time we will be using park hoppers and visiting in the brutal summer! We are going in July and staying on site, so I'm assuming that we will be hitting a park early in the morning, heading back to the resort for an afternoon break, and back to the parks in the evening.

Here's my issue. I have no idea how to plan with park hoppers in my pocket! It used to be so easy. Check the crowd calendar, pick a park based on lowest crowds, and stick to that park for the entire day. With so many options, I have no idea where to start my beloved planning process.

Any suggestions?

Personally, I would see which park had EMH in the morning. Go their for that...and yes return to the resort to cool down a bit and head to X park for whichever dining reservation and/or fireworks you want you see.

We haven't been to the World in three very long years. We've been 5 times during the winter months with base tickets. This is the first time we will be using park hoppers and visiting in the brutal summer! We are going in July and staying on site, so I'm assuming that we will be hitting a park early in the morning, heading back to the resort for an afternoon break, and back to the parks in the evening.

Here's my issue. I have no idea how to plan with park hoppers in my pocket! It used to be so easy. Check the crowd calendar, pick a park based on lowest crowds, and stick to that park for the entire day. With so many options, I have no idea where to start my beloved planning process.

Any suggestions?
It's easy. The general formula is:

If you're an early bird, go to the park with am EMH in the morning and use the crowd calendar at easywdw.com to choose your afternoon/evening park.

If you're a night owl, use the crowd calendar at easywdw.com to choose your morning park and go to the park with pm EMH in the evening.

One caveat: if you're staying offsite, always avoid any park that has EMH.

We always use Park Hoppers when we go to Disney and we love it! We generally hit one park early, and one park late (though we have hit all 4 parks in 1 day:eek:). Generally we hit whatever park has EMH (either in the Morning or the Evening) and the other park we hit will be the one on the crowd calendar that says it will have the lightest crowds for that day. This generally allows you to take advantage of the EMH without having to deal with all the crowds that stay there all day. It's always worked really well for us. Note: If going to a park with Morning EMH, plan your fastpasses for the second park in the afternoon. Hope you have an amazing time! We haven't braved the summer months since I was a kid!

We always use Park Hoppers when we go to Disney and we love it! We generally hit one park early, and one park late (though we have hit all 4 parks in 1 day:eek:). Generally we hit whatever park has EMH (either in the Morning or the Evening) and the other park we hit will be the one on the crowd calendar that says it will have the lightest crowds for that day. This generally allows you to take advantage of the EMH without having to deal with all the crowds that stay there all day. It's always worked really well for us. Note: If going to a park with Morning EMH, plan your fastpasses for the second park in the afternoon. Hope you have an amazing time! We haven't braved the summer months since I was a kid!

Thanks for the advice! I'm worried about the heat and humidity, but at least we will be in Disney!

Park hoppers mean real freedom. If you hate the crowds that day go the next or later during emh. DHS getting your nerves? Walk over to Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter