• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First Time with my sister's grandbaby

bonnielynn

DIS Veteran
Where is the best place to stay? She is 4 and I assume being near that magic Kingdom is best for her, but I don't know if that is true.

If it were you first time staying at Walt Disney, knowing what you know now, where would you stay?

Monorail resorts are very convenient but come at a premium as you likely know, but I love AKV! I have a 5yo and 2yo. My top choices are Poly and AKL

I first thought WL or GF - as a compromise for everyone - then thought maybe AKL for the animals. Why I put up the post.. I have reasons for each place. LOL

Bay Lake Towers. Easy walk back to the room for naps. Otherwise, I'd pick a monorail resort for the same reason.

Do you have to take cost or points into consideration? How long are you staying? If it's a week than I would choose by the resort I like best. Check out the pools since that's what kids really love! It is hard to choose. I love VGF, but they are expensive or you may not have enough points. I love OKW because the living room is very spacious for a kid to move round in. SSR has some really fun pools. AKV have the animals. Having a car can make a difference too.

I would not choose the resort based on the child. There are thousands of families that don't even stay on the grounds and have a great experience. A bus ride can be a hassle or not. The walk to BLT isn't short for a tired child, and we personally don't care for the theming of the resort.

Lots of variables to consider. It can be fun to plan though.

Our first trip down with grandchildren will be to OKW since our points will get us a larger unit to spread out in, and the car will be close to the door.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter