First Time WDW, are my reservations ok?

raebyddet

Earning My Ears
My Wife and I are going to WDW in August (its the only time we could go) we are staying at Port Orleans French Quarter and have the dining plan. Its just my wife and I we are both in our Late 20's.

I have made advance reservations as follows:

Sat - Chefs De France (Epcot) 7:00pm we will watch Illuminations afterwards.
Sun - Tony's Town Square Restaurant (MK) 6:15pm Should have plenty of time for fireworks after.
Mon - Narcoosee's (Grand Floridian) 8:10pm. We should be able to see both the Fireworks (MK) and the Water Parade from the restaurant.
Tues - Rose and Crown Pub (Epcot) 6:30.
Wed - Mama Melrose (MGM) - 4:50pm. We have the priority reserved seating for Fantasmic.
Thurs - Open - No Reservation
Friday- Raglan Road Irish Pub and Restaurant (Downtown Disney) 6:00. We have tickets to the 9:00 Cirque Show.
Saturday - Nothing, our flight leaves at 3:15, so something quick.

Any thoughts or comments? All input appreciated.

I'm loving this schedule because you have a variety of cuisines and you timed the meals very nicely with the special kisses good night. Just remember to bring your confirmation numbers (a couple of times the restaurants did not have our ressie in the system and while we were still able to get in it's always good to have the proof). Also, don't stuff yourself silly at the beginning of your vacation on the DDP because you have some big meals planned at the end according to your schedule.

Illuminations, Wishes (will bring a tear to your eye -- get a place just to the right of the Partners statue with Walt and Mickey), and Fantasmic. They call them a kiss goodnight. Also, since it is your first time to WDW get on this board and learn as much as you can about WDW. We've been over 300 times and we still find new things to do all the time. The more you know the more fun you'll have.

Thanks, I have been trying to learn as much as I can. I have been reading:
The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2007
and
PassPorter Walt Disney World 2007.

I am trying to get as much info as I can.

What is the special kisses good night?

To add on to the excellent point made by Pilgrim's Feast, if you listen really close at the very, very end of Fantasmic.. like the last note....... you literally hear an audible "kiss" sound kissing the audience goodnight. I always think it's so sweet!

I too love your adr's. Good selection of restaurants. On your open day- I would suggest Boma. Read the menu to see if it appeals to you- DH and I LOVE Boma for something different.
Great job and have fun!:thumbsup2

I like your choices although I would go with Le Cellier at EPCOT rather than R&C (if you can get a reservation).

I also always recommend a meal with the characters, especially Mickey Mouse (Chef Mickeys or Cape May). It is just a wonderful Disney experience. If you are looking for a "quieter" character meal, there is 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian. It is Cinderella and Prince Charming.

As for planning, I recommend Tour Guide Mike! :yay:

Enjoy your trip.:goodvibes

I think you made good choices, but I was personally really disappointed with Tony's at MK this last trip. It tasted like Stouffer's to me. You already have Mama Melrose so I would suggest trying something different. I also find a character meal fun, even without kids. We honeymooned at Disney and spent Thanksgiving at Crystal Palace. Good selection and I loved seeing Pooh, to my surprise. I would recommend Liberty Tree Tavern or Crystal Palace over Tony's. CRT will cost you more and I found the experience great, but food disappointing for the $( I have only done B'fasts) Have you considered getting on monorail and trying one of the hotel restaurants and then going back for the fireworks. Each trip we take a break from the MK to eat at Kona Cafe at the Poly. Don't know if you are foodies or not, but I find Kona to be very creative and excellent quality, the atmosphere is not at nice as some of the other TS though. I assume you have checked out the menus. I am sure that their are many that would disagree with me re: Tony's but that is just my 2 cents. Don't stress over it too much. You are going to have a GREAT time!:)

I second Boma's for your open night, assuming you're looking to schedule something else in that slot. It makes for a nice evening--going to the AKLodge, having dinner, walking around and seeing the animals, etc.

Tony's is fine, just nothing special. If it were me, I'd shoot over to the Poly on the monorail for dinner at O'hana's, but I also understand wanting to stay in the parks. Another option would be scheduling a breakfast/brunch on that day, and doing a CS or snacks for dinner.

I love Rose and Crown, but it might be kind of similar to Ragland Road...but if you're fans of pubs, great choices!!!

BTW- make sure to take the boat from POFQ to DTD on Fri. night...really relaxing and fun. (although you'll probably have to take a bus back after Cirque since it's much later).

Have a great trip!!!

I forgot to mention...if you have an opening morning, walk up the path to POR and have breakfast at Boatwrights. They have a great southern breakfast...well worth the delay to the parks :)

Since it's the two of you, without kids, you may want to try Bistro de Paris instead of Chefs de France. It's a bit quieter. I'd suggest making reservations before 7:00, though, if you're eating at Bistro & plan on seeing Illuminations. While the food isn't extraordinarily authentically French, the service is, so dining here is slow going.

Narcoossees does have a good view of Wishes. California Grill also has very good food, but I don't think that I'd try to time it for fireworks viewing from there - it's too crazy.

I agree with the poster who recommended Boma; that is something out of the ordinary, especially for buffet quality food.

Rose & Crown has good cream soups, and Raglan Road has very good quality food.

I can't say that I'd recommend Tony's, but then we don't find any of the MK restaurants to be acceptable. The good thing about the MK, though, is that from there you have easy access to resort restaurants like Artist Point, Citricos, etc.

Cheers!
Heather W

I think your ADR's look great! I do think the other poster has a point about Tony's and Mama Melrose. I've dined at Tony's and was happy, however, it has been quite a few years ago. You could do Liberty Tree Tavern instead. That is my personal favorite in MK!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter