First time waitlisting. Any positive outcomes? Update. Got one out of two so far!

joxer1014

DIS Veteran
We are trying to get 6 days at OKW for a 2BR at the end of June. Only 4 of the days are available. We waitlisted the other two days yesterday and we are crossing our fingers that they come through. Our other option is SSR but we are 10 points short. We would rather wait for the waitlist b/c we will have 6-8 people and would like to have the option of the sleeper chair being available. Also just because we like the larger rooms at OKW. If the waitlist doesn't come through we will have to purchase the points from MS to make up the difference and book SSR but that is plan B.

What I would like to know is from those of you who waitlisted for one or two single nights, did they come through or did you have to book somewhere else? We are only 65 days out so I am not overly optimistic but the CM who set up the waitlist said that my chances are pretty good that it will come through.

I welcome your thoughts. Thank you

We waitlisted a 1 BR at OKW for 2 nights at the beginning of this month. Our waitlist was fulfilled in about a week. I think you have a chance since OKW is such a large resort. Good luck with your waitlist.

We wait listed a last minute OKW trip in November for December and it came through. We then added a night and that wait list came through also. Did you list each day separately?

I wait listed Memorial Day weekend in a standard studio at VGF and it came through a couple of weeks ago. I never expected it. So, you definitely have a chance.

I bet you get it!! You can also purchase 15 points I think as one time use points per year????

Well just to update, I originally waitlisted 2 single separate nights for my 6 night stay at OKW. A week after that I got one of the two night. That was around 4/24. We are still waiting for the second night. The one we got was the last night of our stay which is a Sunday. We are still waiting for a Thursday night to complete our stay. As a fall back we reserved one night at SSR still hoping that we get our waitlist. Then I realized that the night we are waiting for is the same night as one of the Beach Bash nights at TL. I hope that the reason we cant get that night is b/c everyone that is going to TL grabbed all the available rooms for that night? I hope not. I know SSR is available for our whole stay but we are 10 points short and the only way is to buy the points from MS and spend an extra $150. We also have 8 adults and would like the extra space at OKW.

We are trying to get 6 days at OKW for a 2BR at the end of June. Only 4 of the days are available. We waitlisted the other two days yesterday and we are crossing our fingers that they come through. Our other option is SSR but we are 10 points short. We would rather wait for the waitlist b/c we will have 6-8 people and would like to have the option of the sleeper chair being available. Also just because we like the larger rooms at OKW. If the waitlist doesn't come through we will have to purchase the points from MS to make up the difference and book SSR but that is plan B.

What I would like to know is from those of you who waitlisted for one or two single nights, did they come through or did you have to book somewhere else? We are only 65 days out so I am not overly optimistic but the CM who set up the waitlist said that my chances are pretty good that it will come through.

I welcome your thoughts. Thank you
Do you check every day? I have actually grabbed single days that way by constantly checking. I put together nights like that for our Thanksgiving 2015 week trip.

We waitlisted a Boardwalk view from a standard view in June and it came through about a month ago. I didn't even realize it until I went in to do ADR's and went to check to makes sure the waitlist was still there.

Jut found out one of my waitlists (AKL) came through.
The worst part is suddenly I'm torn about it because I just finished planning how I was going to do the days of my trip :rotfl2:

I also didn't realize it got rid of my other waitlist (the one I actually wanted). Resubmitting and crossing my fingers.
The "worst" part is I meant to take AKL off the waitlist. Whoops.

Still, I've stayed there before and loved it, but if my Boardwalk magically opens up I'll be even happier.

Been waitlisting one night at BWV standard studio for August 2nd for a while now and nothing.

Also waitlisting one night at BCV studio for Oct. 24th for a while now too and nothing.

Yes I also stalk and I do have a backup plan for each. I just always hope that waitlisting for one night stands a better chance than anything longer. The only reason I'm waitlisted was I had to book extra days to get a better flight in in August and out in October.

I'm not a very good waitlister though....I'm always checking.

How are things going? Any successes?

I just put a wait list in for a 2 bedroom value!:worship: I had been fine with my September end date, till I found out Starship was the Eat to Beat band on my check out day. Will it work or not???

Last edited:
We're scheduled for wine & dine weekend and I forgot to book the Sunday night--we're doing Lumiere's Challenge so we basically HAVE to stay Sunday night too. We're not in shape enough that we can just hop on a airplane same day as a half! So I have a 1 Br at Grand Floridian for points that is short that one critical day--- so I waitlisted the Sunday 11/6-11/7, and I just booked a room at Caribbean Beach for cash as a backup in case the last night doesn't come through, so who knows... if we don't get the waitlisted room, we'll cancel the Grand and stay at Caribbean Beach. And trust me, I do feel bad having two rooms booked and I will cancel as soon as I can resolve this. So if anyone is in the same spot as me, you could get lucky--someone just may get a 1 Br at the Grand! If we were just doing the 10k we'd be golden but noooooooo ;)

Any practical suggestions are welcome.

No suggestions to you, but hope you get what you really want. You are ambitious runners!

First, Good luck to you on having a successful waitlisting. I have had good fortune with several wait lists in the past at both OKW and AKV. Just wait it out and maybe you will have a little pixie dust come your way pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter