First Time Visiters! HELP

BadBlueBird

Earning My Ears
Weve decided to go to Disney World this year vs. just another beach trip:thumbsup2

Were very excited (trips in march) and can hardly wait. WE want to get the most out of the trip and visit all parks if possible.

Ive researched as much as possible but still have a few questions:

We want to go to all parks inclding Islands of adventure but havent seen a package that includes IOA. What gives? Is there such a package?

Ive seen a Universal Studio & IOA package but those were the only parks in the package...

Also is getting a hopper package worth it or do the parks have plenty to do in a single day?

The trip is march 7th-12th so were trying to get an early jump.:cool1:

Also, what parks are a MUST visit?! (age 27&25 w/ no kids)

TIA:cool2:

Weve decided to go to Disney World this year vs. just another beach trip:thumbsup2

Were very excited (trips in march) and can hardly wait. WE want to get the most out of the trip and visit all parks if possible.

We want to go to all parks inclding Islands of adventure but havent seen a package that includes IOA. What gives? Is there such a package?

Ive seen a Universal Studio & IOA package but those were the only parks in the package...

Also is getting a hopper package worth it or do the parks have plenty to do in a single day?

The trip is march 7th-12th so were trying to get an early jump.:cool1:

Also, what parks are a MUST visit?! (age 27&25 w/ no kids)

Your trip is in 2 months, and you think this is an early jump? ;) People here would consider this a last minute trip! Universal and IOA are not WDW properties but the competition. I highly suggest getting a book (Unofficial Guide or Passporter), and SPEED READ. You'll want to figure out what parks what days, and if you want any table service meals, make your ADR's ASAP.

WDW is composed of 4 parks, and 2 waterparks. Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney Studios, and Animal Kingdom, plus Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon.

I would suggest going to a book store and purchasing Birmbaums Guide to Walt DisneyWorld. Even though I have been to WDW 30+ times - I still buy a new book every year. It has sooooo much information that it has been a lifesaver more than once for me.

As for Universal/Islands of Adventure - they are not associated with WDW. I have been thre but I was really disappointed - easily did both parks in 1 day.

You didn't say how many days you will be in WDW or if you will be staying on-site----that may make a big difference in park hopper vs non-park hopper. If you are staying on site and can take advantage of the Extra Magic Hours then I would strongly advise purchasing a park-hopper.

Just send me a pm with any questions and I will be happy to help.

Have a great trip!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would suggest going to a book store and purchasing Birmbaums Guide to Walt DisneyWorld. Even though I have been to WDW 30+ times - I still buy a new book every year. It has sooooo much information that it has been a lifesaver more than once for me.

As for Universal/Islands of Adventure - they are not associated with WDW. I have been thre but I was really disappointed - easily did both parks in 1 day.

You didn't say how many days you will be in WDW or if you will be staying on-site----that may make a big difference in park hopper vs non-park hopper. If you are staying on site and can take advantage of the Extra Magic Hours then I would strongly advise purchasing a park-hopper.

Just send me a pm with any questions and I will be happy to help.

Have a great trip!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the info, Ill pick up that book today. Were planning on staying offsite 5-10mins away b/c of the amazing choices in home for around $700/week.

We want to go to all parks inclding Islands of adventure but havent seen a package that includes IOA. What gives? Is there such a package? WDW and IOA are totally different companies. You can not buy a package for both. WDW has 4 main parks + Downtown disney + 2 wather parks. IOA has 2 parks +city walk.

Ive seen a Universal Studio & IOA package but those were the only parks in the package...When you purchase a IOA package you have the option of ordering sea world tickets and wet and wild tickets. I think they also have other add on options. WDW is not an add on option.

Also is getting a hopper package worth it or do the parks have plenty to do in a single day?First trip you really do not need a hopper. We personally get them but we go 2 times a year so we like to hop. There is plenty in each park to see in a day. We could personally spend 4 days at MK alone.

The trip is march 7th-12th so were trying to get an early jump.:cool1:Not really a early jump. If you are planning on eating at any sit down meals at WDW you may want to get your ADR's done.

Also, what parks are a MUST visit?! (age 27&25 w/ no kids)I love all the WDW parks and IOA parks and Seaworld at any age.

Personally I think it is to much to go to WDW, IOA, and other places in a week for a first trip. WDW is huge. Get a week long pass and enjoy the parks. Running through them is no fun.

700 for a week??? You could easily do a package at Disney for a much better price, with the two current promos. Heck you could stay at a deluxe resort, then you can take advantage of EMH nights, which will get you the most out of the parks. If you're staying off site, avoid park hoppers and parks with EMH at night as that can foul up your timing for doing things.

it doesm't seem like you've done much as far as planning goes. How about you give us your dates, the amount of money you want to spend, and we'll take it from there. As for a first timer to orlando, skip universal, Unless your sole reason for going there is Harry Potter, in which case, you might be too early for that.

I would think the gift card option, plus quick service dining plan would suit you well. Then if there are any sit down places you really want to eat at, you can pay OOP for. And it'll cut your cost by not having to pay a tip every meal.

Most people around here plan a trip to disney a year or so in advance. You're going to get a lot of opinions, but don't let it overwhelm you.

Another question, are you driving or flying?? If you're flying, you can take the cost of a rental car and the parking fees and put it towards something better, and just use the magical express. Let disney do the driving. You don't need to be lost on your first trip.

700 for a week??? You could easily do a package at Disney for a much better price, with the two current promos. Heck you could stay at a deluxe resort, then you can take advantage of EMH nights, which will get you the most out of the parks. If you're staying off site, avoid park hoppers and parks with EMH at night as that can foul up your timing for doing things.

it doesm't seem like you've done much as far as planning goes. How about you give us your dates, the amount of money you want to spend, and we'll take it from there. As for a first timer to orlando, skip universal, Unless your sole reason for going there is Harry Potter, in which case, you might be too early for that.

I would think the gift card option, plus quick service dining plan would suit you well. Then if there are any sit down places you really want to eat at, you can pay OOP for. And it'll cut your cost by not having to pay a tip every meal.

Most people around here plan a trip to disney a year or so in advance. You're going to get a lot of opinions, but don't let it overwhelm you.

Another question, are you driving or flying?? If you're flying, you can take the cost of a rental car and the parking fees and put it towards something better, and just use the magical express. Let disney do the driving. You don't need to be lost on your first trip.

Overwhelming is an understatement!:scared1:

Our time frame is 3/7-3/12. Can you give me more details on the gift card option. Any advice is GREATLY needed.:thumbsup2

Overwhelming is an understatement!:scared1:

Our time frame is 3/7-3/12. Can you give me more details on the gift card option. Any advice is GREATLY needed.:thumbsup2

As far as price frame, I was looking at $700 for the home/hotel...then whatever the costs of 4/5 days at the parks.

I was checking your dates and the gift card offer. I am not sure what you are looking for but here is a little info. If you want to private message me I can help you more.

Right now WDW has a great gift card offer. If you stay 5 night with park tickets you get a gift card good for anything (including food) at WDW.

I quickly played with your dates.

If you stay at a moderate resort - I put in Port Orleans because I personally think it is the best. With a standard room, 5 day park tickets (no hoppers) it would cost you 1584.00 and you would get a $500 gift card at check in. That is a really good deal.

If you stayed at a value resort - With a standard room, 5 day park tickets (no hoppers) it would cost you 1194.00 and you would get a $300 gift card at check in.

Both are way cheaper than off site. By staying onsite you get to use magical express to and from the airport and all the transportation on site is included - no need to rent a car. You also get to take advantage of EMH - which is great.

Email me if you need more help
Nicole

Also if you stay off site you have to pay to park and what is it up to $12-$14 a day - somewhere in there - we always stay on property so I don't pay much attention to parking prices. I would definetly stay on site. Any of the hotels you will be pleasantly suprised with since you have never been there. I would reconsider your choices and stay on property and just do Disney - there is so much to fill those days - you won't want to go to Universal your first time. Do the Magical Express if you fly into MCO and no need for a vehicle. Extra Magic Hours are a great tool - especially in March - crowds will be larger due to Spring Break Time. At least you are going prior to Easter. Also the dining plan is a great option also - no need to worry about paying for your food. You will need your tip though at table service rest. Good luck in your research and any questions please let us know!

the quick service dining plan is a great option for the two of you. It's two counter service meals, two snacks, and a refillable mug. You probably want to spend more time exploring the parks than sitting down to eat a meal. You can use that gift card towards anything you want, and towards food. So if you want you can relax for a couple of meals and they'll still be covered by the GC. If you're both big eaters, then the DDP is great, if you both nibble like a bird, you could probably go without the DDP and share many of the counter service meals, using the gift cards.

Allears.net is a great site to use for planning any dining. They always have up to date menus and pricing.

Your tickets are going to be a major part of the cost, and you'll have to pay for that on or off site. Now you have to decide if you want park hoppers, that allows you to go to more than one park per day. If i'm not mistaken, you can upgrade after you recieve your GC upon check in and use that towards it. I think it runs about 50 per ticket.

With a 500 dollar gift card you probably won't have to bring much for spending money. And as a first time visitor, you'll probably see a lot of "i wants". And you'll still have some left over to bring gifts home for friends.

Port orleans is a great resort with an awesome food court. Carribean beach is a good one too. Coronado springs is kinda out there, kinda huge, and well just not my thing. But there's plenty that still love it.
pop century would serve you well too. A little smaller, but good food court where you can get tye dye cheese cake... But you'd only have a 300$ gift card.

How thrifty do you want this trip to be?? It is a budget board, we can scrunch numbers like no tomorrow. But you listed 700 for just a hotel, so it sounds like you want a little more than just a bed to sleep in.

I was checking your dates and the gift card offer. I am not sure what you are looking for but here is a little info. If you want to private message me I can help you more.

Right now WDW has a great gift card offer. If you stay 5 night with park tickets you get a gift card good for anything (including food) at WDW.

I quickly played with your dates.

If you stay at a moderate resort - I put in Port Orleans because I personally think it is the best. With a standard room, 5 day park tickets (no hoppers) it would cost you 1584.00 and you would get a $500 gift card at check in. That is a really good deal.

If you stayed at a value resort - With a standard room, 5 day park tickets (no hoppers) it would cost you 1194.00 and you would get a $300 gift card at check in.

Both are way cheaper than off site. By staying onsite you get to use magical express to and from the airport and all the transportation on site is included - no need to rent a car. You also get to take advantage of EMH - which is great.

Email me if you need more help
Nicole

Wow great info!:worship: PM sent

Thanks everyone with your help so far!

the quick service dining plan is a great option for the two of you. It's two counter service meals, two snacks, and a refillable mug. You probably want to spend more time exploring the parks than sitting down to eat a meal. You can use that gift card towards anything you want, and towards food. So if you want you can relax for a couple of meals and they'll still be covered by the GC. If you're both big eaters, then the DDP is great, if you both nibble like a bird, you could probably go without the DDP and share many of the counter service meals, using the gift cards.

Allears.net is a great site to use for planning any dining. They always have up to date menus and pricing.

Your tickets are going to be a major part of the cost, and you'll have to pay for that on or off site. Now you have to decide if you want park hoppers, that allows you to go to more than one park per day. If i'm not mistaken, you can upgrade after you recieve your GC upon check in and use that towards it. I think it runs about 50 per ticket.

With a 500 dollar gift card you probably won't have to bring much for spending money. And as a first time visitor, you'll probably see a lot of "i wants". And you'll still have some left over to bring gifts home for friends.

Port orleans is a great resort with an awesome food court. Carribean beach is a good one too. Coronado springs is kinda out there, kinda huge, and well just not my thing. But there's plenty that still love it.
pop century would serve you well too. A little smaller, but good food court where you can get tye dye cheese cake... But you'd only have a 300$ gift card.

How thrifty do you want this trip to be?? It is a budget board, we can scrunch numbers like no tomorrow. But you listed 700 for just a hotel, so it sounds like you want a little more than just a bed to sleep in.

Were not really on a budget but when I first put together a plan (clearly didnt know what I was doing) the total was like 5300:scared1:, thats when I decided to post here!

at that much, you could make a two week vaction here on property and live it up to the hilt, with deluxe resort, deluxe dining plan, maybe a night at victoria and alberts... that's a lot to spend on just a week vacation. Although if you include your flights, that can tack on a pretty penny. But we can even give advise on finding some good fairs. There's some one from every corner here, so they can give you the fares they paid when coming here.
Can you take more time than the 5 days, or i that all the vacation time you have??? And don't forget to go home a day before you have to be at work. There's a lot to do here, and you can be exhausted when you get back home. You'll need a full day to recoup.

at that much, you could make a two week vaction here on property and live it up to the hilt, with deluxe resort, deluxe dining plan, maybe a night at victoria and alberts... that's a lot to spend on just a week vacation. Although if you include your flights, that can tack on a pretty penny. But we can even give advise on finding some good fairs. There's some one from every corner here, so they can give you the fares they paid when coming here.
Can you take more time than the 5 days, or i that all the vacation time you have??? And don't forget to go home a day before you have to be at work. There's a lot to do here, and you can be exhausted when you get back home. You'll need a full day to recoup.

7th-12th is what we have planned but with bookend weekends we COULD squeeze in 3 more days:woohoo:

Check out the DisneyWorld.com website for the different package options and park hours for your vacation time - it has information on the gift cards as well. I believe that you can probably do something on Disney property for quite a bit less than you think. Staying on Disney property also gives you access to the extra magic hours where some nights you can stay as much as 3 extra hours in a park that visitors not staying on property are excluded from. The folks on this board are awesome and will all gladly help you with any questions!!!!!!!

Check out the DisneyWorld.com website for the different package options and park hours for your vacation time - it has information on the gift cards as well. I believe that you can probably do something on Disney property for quite a bit less than you think. Staying on Disney property also gives you access to the extra magic hours where some nights you can stay as much as 3 extra hours in a park that visitors not staying on property are excluded from. The folks on this board are awesome and will all gladly help you with any questions!!!!!!!

Thanks, after many more hours of help/research..

I think Ive decided on the following package:

Value Resort
5 day Hopper Tickets
Dining Plus
-------------
1774.80 w/ a $300 gift card.

How does that package sound? Also, as far as value resorts go is there one that is the nicest?

Value Resort
5 day Hopper Tickets
Dining Plus
-------------

How does that package sound? Also, as far as value resorts go is there one that is the nicest?

Make sure you can get ADR's before adding the dining plan. Many people make them as soon as they are able. We did the regular DDP, and it was too much food. Remember, 3 ts meals will add up to about 6 hours.

Make sure you can get ADR's before adding the dining plan. Many people make them as soon as they are able. We did the regular DDP, and it was too much food. Remember, 3 ts meals will add up to about 6 hours.

Whats DDP?

Value Resort
5 day Hopper Tickets
Dining Plus
-------------

Can anyone find me a better deal?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter