• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First time visit to Universal - Family of 6

momof1+1+2

Mouseketeer
Hi all! I just started doing my research in planning a trip for my family of 6. We've done Disney before and like the villa's but I don't see something comparable on site at Universal. Am I missing something? Right now, we have a villa offsite but I'm wondering if we need to explore on site options more for the perks. We are going November 19-25th. Any thoughts or guidance for a newbie? Things I need to be sure to consider or look into? Thanks!

I went to check pbh and see they have parlor suites
One will accommodate up to 7 if you rent a rollaway

So you could book that for your family of 6

Portifina parlor suite
Or villa parlor suite

Two connecting rooms is the usual setup we have needed for our family of 6 when we travel. The parlor suites will likely be more than double the price of 2 rooms.

The time of year you are talking about (Thanksgiving) is going to be busy. If you are planning to get Express Passes, the price of staying onsite + free EP vs. staying offsite + paying for EP may come out cheaper to stay onsite. But you do give up the option of making meals in your offsite villa, which can be a major bonus with kids.

PHXscuba

If you are exploring options, you will find they run the whole range of price points. Off site house rental being cheapest. Highest rate just might be the parlor suites. But for that $$ you get onsite luxury, express passes, large room and ease of travel to the parks.

There really is nothing like the freedom of having the EP's (and around thanksgiving to be sure). Two standard rooms at RPR is an option. We did that and chose club level. Adds more $$, but gives you some food options for the kids and a conceirge lounge to stretch and not feel like 6 people or stuck in a small space.

We are also trying a suite at CBBR this year. Much cheaper with no EP's but it has small kitchenette to prepare some food. Hopefully that pans out for us. As a touring plan, we always do rope drop and CBBR has the early entry perk.

Two connecting rooms is the usual setup we have needed for our family of 6 when we travel. The parlor suites will likely be more than double the price of 2 rooms.

PHXscuba

I agree that 2 connecting rooms is usually the better deal for our family of 6, but I just priced out some dates in Oct. on the Loews site using the APH code and a Portofino parlor suite was less than $100 more than getting 2 rooms at Royal Pacific. Not sure what we'll choose, though, as I enjoy the children being in another room at the end of a long day of togetherness o_O

We stayed in one of those huge portofino suite rooms. It was cheaper than 2 rooms when we went(it was right around $500 I think) it was more space than we needed but it blew us all away. Compare the prices

Oh and the master bedroom is way on one side and the other beds are in another area. It was very private

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter