• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First time visit to Disneyland and beyond questions

disneymami

por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas
I really want to visit Disneyland. I've been to WDW 4 times. I need some help deciding what else to do once we are finished with both parks.

I would love to see the Pacific Ocean. Any advice on how do do that from Anaheim? Is Newport Beach nice? Worth the trip? I've only got 4 nights at Disneyland and two nights for another location. Not interested in Hollywood nor the surrounding amusement parks. Would rather enjoy the ocean.

Yes renting a car sounds obvious but I'm not sure about that. Public transportation? Is that a silly question for southern Ca? I'm from New York.
I've got two kids age 14 and one grumpy husband.

Many Thanks!

We're heading to Newport Beach after 3 days at DL. It was recommended by someone who is very familiar with SoCal.

I'm not real sure about transportation. We're driving down so we'll have a car.

Me too - we're doing 3 days at DLR and have another 3 days we would like to spend at the beach. Have been cruising the internet trying to find a nice, quaint town.

If you want beautiful beaches, skip Newport and go to Laguna Beach! Said from someone one lives in SoCal :)
Laguna Beach has Rocky areas and wide sandy areas, tide pools, and amazing views! It's my favorite beach to take visitors too. There are few different areas to walk around and shop/eat but it's more spread out.
Crystal cove is a state beach near Laguna and also beautiful and rugged. Lots of hiking trails.
Also in the same area, Corona Del Mar is gorgeous and very self enclosed as a cove. It has bathrooms, tide pools, lots of parking. Nice Main Street shopping.
Huntington Beach is wide open sandy beach with bigger waves, the pier to walk down and a downtown area with tourist shops.
It's $15 to park at most of these beaches.

Definitely rent a car, public transit is not going to help you.

We love Newport Beach. Our favorite thing to do is eat at The Crabcooker and then walk across the street to play at the beach.

Newport is nice, and the Crabcooker is an institution. Laguna is a little further south, and has its own charm, especially if you like art and antiques, with a little kitsch on the side. You might consider taking amtrack south to San Diego, too. I haven't taken the train from Anaheim but I think the station is pretty close to Disneyland, within five miles.

RENT A CAR. From there the 1 Pacific Coast Highway is yours and do whatever you like, you cannot go wrong... Newport, Hungtington, Dana Point, Laguna...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter