First Time Visit at Christmas!

DaisyNY

DIS Veteran
Will be at Disney from December 18 - 23 for first time...Already booked MVMCP and Candlelight Processional...any other must do's or see's at Christmas??? Thanks!

One of my favorite things that we did was to visit as many of the resorts as possible. Some of them are so beautiful. And the Grand Floridian has a huge gingerbread house. The Beach Club has a big model train layout. I think my favorite is the Boardwalk because they use lots of glass ornaments and they're my favorite. I love the Animal Kinddom Lodge and the Wilderness Lodge. Their trees are huge. Just enjoy everything and try not to rush to much.

I'm with pennylynn, the decorations are amazing.

When we left a park and had nowhere to be immediately, we would hop on the first bus that came in for a moderate or deluxe resort (or deluxe by monorail) and just go check out the decorations at the resort. We loved Coronado Springs (it's also our favorite to stay at), I think the decor there is beautiful! We went to eat at Hoop Dee Doo and went early to check out the incredible decorations done at the campground and to see the horse drawn sleigh. Decorations at the deluxe resorts were amazing. We spent one full day checking our decorations.

The parks are just as incredible, we especially loved all the themed trees at AK in Camp Minnie-Mickey. And, of course Osborne (sp?) Lights at DHS.

It's true, take your time and just take it all in. It's truly magical!

We'll be there Dec 15-22. We're doing MVMCP on the 16th.

Don't forget to see the Osborne Lights in Hollywood Studios. It can get crowded so I like to see the lights closer to the end of the night.

Enjoy all the Christmas decorations and the music in the parks and resorts. It really gets you in the Christmas mood. We wear festive Christmas outfits and hats to the parks.

One of my favorite things to do at MVMCP is to stay until the very end. We sit outside the bakery on Main Street and watch the snow falling, listen to the music playing, watch the castle changing all sorts of shades, it is beautiful in the "ice," watch the people walking down Main Street exiting the park. Then when the park is just about empty, we'll take a few unobstructed shots of the castle and make our way to the bus stop and find ourselves with little or no line. That's what anyone will find me doing on the 16th! Its my favorite thing to do at WDW.

If you ever make it over to the Ft. Wilderness campground after dark it is worth the trip. The campers usually decorate very nicely. I think some of the sites compete with each other to see who can have the biggest and brightest displays. There are some very elaborate Christmas lights and Disney holiday displays. I spent a good hour walking around with some friends just looking at all the lights and displays. It really is neat. People sit outside in their campsites and you'll usually come across several friendly and talkative people. It is easy to strike up a conversation and meet new people.

We love to visit the storytellers at each country in Epcot. Very interesting to learn other countries' holiday customs.

Since you're visiting at a crowded time, I would go ahead & make ADRs for any sit-down meals you want to have. It's not likely that walk-ups will be accepted during Christmas week.

Yes the resorts are some of the best parts! The grand Floridian has the gingerbread house and the huge Christmas tree is spectacular! The DHS Osbourne family lights are amazing too!

I don't know if you have little kids, but when we went at Christmas time, we took a small tree to put in the window of our room, and my girls loved it. I "forgot" the ornaments, and one night we came home to a fully decorated tree with little presents under it. Without a word from us, they went crazy and assumed it was Tinkerbell! :) Still one of my favorite DW memories ever.
Other than that, we loved the castle lighting each night at MK and the characters all dressed in winter gear in AK. Osbourne lights are a great thing to experience too. LOVE DW at Christmas time. Have fun!!!!

I can't get enough of World Showcase at Christmas. Atmosphere is always special there, but with the Christmas music, story tellers and decorations....ohhh, I can spend hours..plus so close to the EPCOT resorts with their incredible Christmas decorations, too! Ahhh, so great to feel that special Christmas time at Disney World!

Have a magical time!!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter