first time using dining plan ?s

Tippy 6

Earning My Ears
We are going to Disney the first week of Dec and have the dining plan for the first time. I have a few questions hopefully someone who has used the plan before can answer.

Are the menus different if you are on the dining plan? Can I order any entree I see on the menus listed on Dinsney web site?

How will I know where I can use the credits for CS and Snacks? Do I get soemthing in the mail from Disney telling me where to use them or something when I check in?

If we are at a TS meal does my 3 year old get a dessert with his kids meal? It does not say that and it would be horrible for the other three of us to get a dessert but not him.

My husband really wants to eat at Boma and I have read great things about it for dinner. I am a really picky eater. Is there going to be anything on the buffet not to spicy or strange? I made the ADR for it and will just have to use my snack credit if I am hungry when I leave. LOL

For the most part, if you are on the regular dining plan you may order any entree and dessert from the full menu.

There is an official dining plan brochure linked in the "Everything you always wanted to know" sticky thread at the top of this forum. Those brochures will have a listing of every TS and CS that accept the plan.

There is no official snack list. Disney will not give you a snack list. There is a listing of all items reported available as snacks by DIS posters in the snack sticky thread on this forum. When you're out and about at Disney, snack items will be designated on menus by the DDP symbol.

Children's TS meals include dessert. If the restaurant is not a buffet, children must choose from the desserts on the children's menus. They are not entitled to a dessert from the regular menu.

Boma has a children's station that has chicken nuggets, spaghetti and meatballs, mac and cheese and other "safe" foods. Adults can eat from there, too.

We are going to Disney the first week of Dec and have the dining plan for the first time. I have a few questions hopefully someone who has used the plan before can answer.

Are the menus different if you are on the dining plan? Can I order any entree I see on the menus listed on Dinsney web site?

How will I know where I can use the credits for CS and Snacks? Do I get soemthing in the mail from Disney telling me where to use them or something when I check in?

If we are at a TS meal does my 3 year old get a dessert with his kids meal? It does not say that and it would be horrible for the other three of us to get a dessert but not him.

My husband really wants to eat at Boma and I have read great things about it for dinner. I am a really picky eater. Is there going to be anything on the buffet not to spicy or strange? I made the ADR for it and will just have to use my snack credit if I am hungry when I leave. LOL

The menus are the same for everybody. I've heard rumors about the Surf & Turf at some of the restaurants not being included (I'm not sure if I've ever heard confirmation) Also, for desserts, at Beaches & Cream, the Kitchen Sink is not included.

On the Dining brochure they show the Dining Plan symbol (a box with DP checkered inside - I think it's purple). Wherever, you see this symbol, Dining Plan credits are accepted. Snacks are usually any single serve item under $4, but it's best to ask if it's included before having it rung up. Some CMs are very helpful, and understand the Dining Plan very well, others can be confused and confusing.
Usually, I just tell them what I'm planning on doing when I get up to the check out, and they tell me what I can get.

He definitely gets a dessert off the Kids Menu. Actually, even when paying out of pocket, oftentimes children desserts are already included with a meal.

I am also a picky eater. I've never had a hard time finding enough to fill me at a Disney buffet. I haven't eaten at Boma specifically, but I'm sure I'd be able to find something, you would probably be able to as well. If the African Breads are the same as they have at Jikos, then I could eat my fill just on those.
here's a link to a list of possible offerings, if you haven't already seen one:
http://allears.net/menu/menu_bomadin.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter