First time traveling with toddler

Be aware that it will probably be more like a 3-4 hour break. By the time you get out of the park, to your mode of transportation, to your resort, to your room, let the kid nap, and do it all in reverse...that's probably going to be much longer than 2 hours.

I, too, am planning my toddler's first trip. He's 15 months and can sleep just about anywhere. We are going in 3 months, so hopefully he doesn't change too much between now and then!

Ugh good point! Let's hope he likes sleeping in his stroller.

We've taken trips with both kids at 2. Everyone have given you great tips. Not sure I have too much to add.

For bags we left a diaper bag with the stroller and I carried a small cross body bag with minimal essentials. Just made juggling a toddler easier when we weren't also juggling a bag.

Have fun! Start the traditions! We have picked a spot in each park we're we take a picture of each kid on their own fun to go back and look at how they've grown!

Just got back. Don't have tips, we all got sick from dinner our first night and stayed in mostly. That said, when we were well, I found using a toddler carrier much easier than the stroller. that's just me though. He naps really well in there. Also, go slow. Toddler like to see everything. They stop and look at everything.

Just got back. Don't have tips, we all got sick from dinner our first night and stayed in mostly. That said, when we were well, I found using a toddler carrier much easier than the stroller. that's just me though. He naps really well in there. Also, go slow. Toddler like to see everything. They stop and look at everything.

I'm so sorry you got sick, but how do you know for sure it was from your dinner?

A lot of great tips in here, thanks for sharing. We are taking our DGS for his first trip to WDW and he will be 19 months old at the time of the trip. We have not traveled with a little one in over 30 years, so it is definitely going to be a different experience for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter