• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First time to use my Canon 70-200L lens - lots of photos

DVC Jen

Wigs out even the biggest circus freaks.
Today we went to the Ft. Worth Zoo and I finally got a chance to play with my new lens. Needless to say - I LOVE IT!

237822901-L.jpg

237823021-L.jpg

237823686-L.jpg

237824095-L.jpg

237824636-L.jpg

237825137-L.jpg

237825409-L.jpg

237825445-L.jpg

Now I can't wait to try this lens out at Disney in June.

Wow, what beautiful pictures! I can't wait for you to post your pictures after your Disney trip.

Great close ups. Looks like it was well worth the investment. Can't wait to see your disney pictures.

:banana:

Jen, those photos are great!! I LOVE the second to last - what were your camera settings? The light is just beautiful! Love the colors in the first one too.

Jen, those photos are great!! I LOVE the second to last - what were your camera settings? The light is just beautiful! Love the colors in the first one too.
Thanks - it is one of my favorites of the group too. I just wish my focus would have been dead center on the eyes. To me it looks like it is on the mane. Oh well.

My ISO was 200, full manual White balance was auto, shutter speed - 1/250, f/5.6

I did lighten it a bit and sharpen a bit in post.

nice job jen, like the rhinos and the eyelashes on the bongo(?):
it doesn't say it but you can use if for macro type close ups if you put it on 200...the focus is about 4 ft away, which is kind of good if you don't feel like getting up off the bench or whatever ( that is how i did the giraffe eyeball i posted somewhere or other on here) :)

The pics look great.

For Christmas I got my DW a Rebel Xti with the std 18-55 kit lens and then added the Canon 70-300 USM. Can't wait until we have our next trip - should get some great shots with our AKL Savannah view.

nice job jen, like the rhinos and the eyelashes on the bongo(?):
it doesn't say it but you can use if for macro type close ups if you put it on 200...the focus is about 4 ft away, which is kind of good if you don't feel like getting up off the bench or whatever ( that is how i did the giraffe eyeball i posted somewhere or other on here) :)

I will have to check that out Janet. I have been so busy I haven't had a chance to even look at the information that came with the lens.

Which flavour of this lens is it, Jen? I got the "basic" (can any L lens be "basic") 4/4.0, non-IS but the weather has been so mucky that I've not had a chance to use it yet... Mist, fog and telephoto lenses do not mix well!

regards,
/alan

PS Beautiful photos - the sharpness from these lenses is astonishing
PPS Happy New Year, everyone!

Which flavour of this lens is it, Jen? I got the "basic" (can any L lens be "basic") 4/4.0, non-IS but the weather has been so mucky that I've not had a chance to use it yet... Mist, fog and telephoto lenses do not mix well!

regards,
/alan

PS Beautiful photos - the sharpness from these lenses is astonishing
PPS Happy New Year, everyone!

That is the one my DH got for me as well Alan. I am really interested to see if it will work very well when dance competition season/recital season is here (fast approaching). I kinda have a feeling I will need a faster lens for that - but the $$ for the f/2.8 version of this lens was just not feasible with everything else I have gotten photo related recently.

I am really happy with the lens so far. And hehhee I got a few comments about "nice camera and that is a very impressive camera" as we were walking around the zoo the other day. No - that isn't why I wanted the lens - but it did make me giggle and high five the hubster. ;)

:rolleyes1

Those are some lovely shots - beautiful colour and very sharp. You are going to post some indoor shots as well, I hope (that's ok, I'll give you a chance to take some first!)? I wanted to get a new lens to replace my existing zoom, and this was one of the lenses I was thinking of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter