First time to Old Key West

dthomas

Earning My Ears
We will be staying at Old Key West for the first time. I have a teenager and a four-year-old. Would like to be real close to the hospitality house, a bus stop, and a pool. Also, would prefer door in utility room to the bathroom. Any room suggestions? Thanks!

The buildings over #30 have the seperate door into the bathroom. Also the 3 new buildings in the 60's which are close to the HH. The former buildings are located further from the HH. All are relatively close to bus stops.
From your post I assume you are staying in a 1 BR. You will be very pleased with the accomodations.
Enjoy OKW. our favorite.

If you want a seperate door set up, the only units that are really close to HH are the 3 new ones. This will limit your choices. Some people find the need to be very close to HH but I have never found it to be a necessity. The Turtle Pond pool is almost equal to the one at HH. I suggest you prioritize your requests so the more important option -- HH or 2-doors will be satisfied first.

I think you'll enjoy your stay no matter where you are located. Even walking, none of the units are too terribly far from HH.

My teenage son wants to be near arcade and fast-food. I want to be near bus stop and pool for younger son. We will be staying in a two-bedroom (grandma's coming), there will be noone sleeping in the living room so the bathroom door isn't that important. I guess being close to bus stop, arcade, fast-food, pool would be the most important.

It is true that it's really hard to get a "bad" assignment at OKW. Every time we get put into a new building it becomes my new favorite! We jsut stayed in #35 near Turtle Pond pool. It was fun, because the pool had the snack bar and arcade. You could certainly make a request to be "near one of the two main pools." They will understand what you mean. The door into the bathroom wouldn't be that big a deal for me as the location; you could certainly make that type of unit your "second" request.

When you are there, have a strawberry smoothie for me. They are DELICIOUS! Enjoy OKW, it's my most favorite place in the world!

Hi -

We will also be staying at OKW for the first time in a few weeks. It will just be me and DH on a quick adult getaway. We plan to spend at least 2 days doing absolutely nothing but laying around by the pool relaxing. Do either of the pool areas mentioned above have a pool bar/snack bar area like at BWV or VWL ? I am looking forward to a few of those yummy pina colada type drinks that say "I'm on vacation !" . Thanks for your help !;)

Cindy

CIndy, there are 4 pools at OKW. Two are quiet pools and are "pool only." If you want peace and quiet, head to these -- there will be times where it may be just you and your sweetie in the pool. The other two pools are main pools, one by Hopsitality House (check-in) and the other called Turtle Pond pool. These have the snack bars/bars with the fluffy drinks. All the pools have hot tubs.

The pina coladas are good and the non-alcoholic strawberry smoothies are amazing. I had one at the Turtle Pond pool and they blended it fresh for me -- YUM!

Have a great time. OKW is wonderful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter