First time to London-need info on Harry Potter tours

chabs

DIS Veteran
I am thinking about taking my HP fan family to London to see the sights but mostly to see the HP studio tour. I did see that a separate tour bus company also does a HP tour around the city. Has anyone been to either of these and can give any tips as to what to do-what not to do? Are there other tours that you recommend. I also saw that you can visit platform 9 3/4 and we would be interested in that. I would like to find a travel company that could book all of these things for me too if possible.

Where are you travelling from? You can get a train to Watford Junction and the Harry Potter buses are waiting at the station to take you direct to the studios. Last time I knew anyone used this, the buses were free and pretty frequent. The Studios at Levesden are amazing. We've been twice and would go again at the drop of a hat. I know there are HP tours of London, just Google it and you'll find them. Enjoy.

Pam

Make sure you have bought your Studio Tour Ticket before turning up. You cannot buy them once you are there.

Platform 9 3/4 opens at the Studio Tour on March 19th. I went to the Studio Tour less that 2 weeks ago and had a lovely time, I'm now planning to go back next month to see the Hogwarts Express.
Don't forget to try the Butterbeer!

The Harry Potter studio is amazing. You can take as long or as little time as you like, depending on if you want to get a good look at everything.

Definitely book beforehand. Certain times, such as school holidays book up very quickly because they often have special days where they bring in the animals from the films.

I can highly recommend the cafe before you go in, for a ham and cheese croissant. Make sure you try the butterbeer...it's strangely very different from the Disneyworld interpretation of butterbeer. The shop is great too, but it has some wicked prices to go with it.

I've never tried the tour, but i did a different walking tour and thought it was fantastic so i wouldn't hesitate to do the Harry Potter tour.

Have fun!

We loved the studio tour. I think it might be the best attraction in the UK.

In case you were thinking of visiting Platform 9 3/4 at King's Cross, I don't know that it's worth going too far out of your way for, especially if you're able to see it at the studio tour. There is a photo op with half a luggage trolley that's "passing through" a brick wall in the station concourse (where you get to wear your choice of Hogwarts house scarf) and there's a small gift shop which is quite nice, but that's all. I wouldn't say it's worth crossing London for.

I've done the studio tour once & am dying to do it again! It seems like they are frequently adding new pieces.
Defiantly purchase your tickets before hand & bring confirmation with you - you will be asked for it when getting on the shuttle bus at Watford train station (which is easy to get to from the city centre). The bus costs £2 (around $3) return and they run every 20 minutes.
I would also recommend springing the extra cash for the audio Digital Guides. They have a lot of really interesting facts!
- If you do I would also recommend bringing your own personal headphones to plug into it, much more comfortable.
There is an outside portion so depending on the good old British weather that day dress appropriately!
Make sure you have fully charged cameras & plenty of storage space! We took so many photos that both our cameras died & I filled up the storage space on my iPod!!

The last room - just wait. It's spectacular! :wizard:

Oops sorry, double posted & I can only work out how to edit posts, not delete them?

Me too! Daughter and husband knew what was coming, but a total surprise to me - unrivalled.

We're going to the HP studio next month! I bought gift tickets as a Christmas present for my DH, he then booked us in to go on my birthday - so excited!! :rainbow:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!