first time to dlp

Dazed

Mouseketeer
Planning a trip in october with partner and my two DS(15,10). Got reasonably priced flights to cdg.Want to spend 3 or 4 days in paris and 3 at DLP.I was thinking it might be nice to alternate days. We"ll need 2 rooms or an apartment.Latest thought was tulip inn at Bussy St Georges as it seems to be near RER station - would have liked indoor pool though. Any suggestions? Anyone done similar trip? please help-now at "tearing hair out" stage!! :confused3

Hi Dazed and welcome to DLP DIS board :wave2: We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any thread.

Can't help with Becky's suggestion of P&V, but since the Holiday Inn pool is very nice and shuttle bus can take you to both the park and train station that maybe this offers a good 2 room option. Here is the link to the hotel. :)

Thankyou for those suggestions. ;)
Holiday inn has "kidsuites" .Does anyone know if they are fully seperate or just a curtained off corner? Anyone know how often the shuttle runs and is it still complimentary if I book direct which seems to be cheaper.
Pierre&Vacances looks good too and I think again about the same price. same questions about shuttle from here- how often and how much?

That's a pity. looks like pierre et vacances will be better option for us. Looks like train station is walkable. Anyone any experience of it? off to look for cheapest rates!! ;)

Hi,

Another option for you will be the Explorer hotel.

A good way to book that is Thru Benotel
Because i am new here, i may not post URL's

They have a room what is normal for up to 6 people, and have two rooms.

Explorer is also a selected Disney hotel, with free transpertation and a Disney shop.

When you want to know more, just ask me.

Jeroen

Hi Jeroen :wave2: here is the link you are referring to. This link here is the official hotel site. We have stayed here twice and find it to be clean and comfortable and although the shuttle buses can get rather busy at times they are very easy to use. Although we have not used the pool it looks very nice and I have read on here that others enjoyed it. :)

Hi Jeroen and welcome to DLP DIS board :wave2: We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any thread or start a new one for any question/advice that you have :)

Thank you for helping me out with the link, by how many post can you use a link ?

I stayed myself a couple of times there, great for our kids.

Jeroen

Thanks Elaine and Jeroin.
Had just about settled for P&V but Explorers looks fun though about £230 dearer for 7 nights!
now for more head scratching _ is it worth extra for breakfasts, pool and atmosphere?? worried it might be a bit frenetic, but sure the boys would love it!
Thanks for answers and help.
ps trying to get rid of old signature but can't get my pop ups unblocked!!!

Dazed said:
Had just about s
You can edit signature by going to User CP at top left and then edit signature by removing html code :)

Thanks for that Cyrano. Have just deleted everything in signature so lets see if that works! I'll sort a new one later. ;)

Ok help me out here, the words dearer and frenetic i don't understand, sorry English is not my first language !

The atmosphere and swimmingpool are great. The Breakfast is just good, not great, when you want the warm English breakfast you pay something extra, i don't know the ammount.

Also the transpertation is better from explorer with the free shuttle bus, you also can use shoppingservice, and they even got a disneystore.

You find more Disney in Explorer Then P&V for sure.

Jeroen

Dazed said:
Had just about settled for P&V but Explorers looks fun though about £230 dearer for 7 nights!
now for more head scratching _ is it worth extra for breakfasts, pool and atmosphere?? worried it might be a bit frenetic, but sure the boys would love it!

Disneyfan1970 said:
Ok help me out here, the words dearer and frenetic i don't understand, sorry English is not my first language !
Jeroen
More expensive and frantic, chaotic :)

DEARER is more expensive
FRENETIC is electrically exausting but in a good way

Sorry Jeroen. You're English is excellent. My English has a scottish element! cold breafast would be fine. Just have to decide how much I want to spend on accomodation. :rolleyes:

I agree with Jeroen, although the Explorers is not a Disney hotel, it will have more holiday atmosphere than P&V, plus the Disney shop stocks a good range of items. We managed to find a nice Tigger mug in there that we did not see in the parks, probably old stock! The cold breakfast is fine, you can eat as much as you like and it will fill you up for a morning in the parks! ::yes::
Plus you can always walk to/from the parks if you choose, it is about 25 minutes and is a lovely walk through Disney Village along the canal.

Jeroen, your English is excellent. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter