First time to Disney with BF. What to do?

aburke6lsu

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone,

I've been to Disney a good amount of times with the parents and family. I haven't gone by myself though and this is my boyfriend's first time since the early 90s. We'll be in Disney from Oct 22-26 so if there are any suggestions for adult things to do that I should know about please let me know! It's going to be so weird to be there as an adult and not just doing the whole family thing.

Thank you!

Hey everyone,

I've been to Disney a good amount of times with the parents and family. I haven't gone by myself though and this is my boyfriend's first time since the early 90s. We'll be in Disney from Oct 22-26 so if there are any suggestions for adult things to do that I should know about please let me know! It's going to be so weird to be there as an adult and not just doing the whole family thing.

Thank you!
Sooooo free!
You are going to LOVE being alone with just bf!
There is a site somewhere that list the unique to each country adult beverages at EPCOT. Google it and Try one or two...
Hang out one night at the Poly and enjoy the fireworks from the beach.
Spend a night at the boardwalk going to Jellyrolls. (They open late and only for 21 and older)
Get a couples massage at one of the spas.
Enjoy one of the signature restaurants.
Plan an illuminations cruise.
Take a horse drawn carriage ride at one of the resorts.
Plan a fun couples Halloween costume (cheap cool ideas on www) and go to MNSSHP!
I could go on and on... (And I have!)
You are going to have so much fun!

Eat at a signature restaurant. Adult beverages around the world at Epcot. Monorail hop to the resorts, having an appy and drink at the bars. Hang out at the pool. Enjoy quiet time at the resort.

You are going to be there during the Food & Wine Festival in Epcot. Send time sampling food and drink from around the world. Just don't go on Friday night or Saturday due to the crowds.

Remember your boyfriend hasn't been there in YEARS. If he's excited about going - it's likely he's going to want to experience all the rides and attractions just like kids do. You aren't there long, I don't think you need to plan anything specifically adult. The first I took my boyfriend after he hadn't been in years - he was much more about riding all the rides. For example - we did EVERY attraction in Future World at EPCOT - just because he wanted to experience them. Yep, that includes Captain EO, Figment, Circle of Life, Turtle Talk. World Showcase, however, to him, was just a shopping bazaar and he wasn't thrilled. Plus, he's not into the little tastes of food that are overpriced (in his opinion). MK - we did EVERYTHING - CoP, treehouse, ferryboat, etc. Things that frequent visitors might skip. HS - he looked at the show schedule and decided we were going to hit all of them in one day - Indy, LMA, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid - and yep - even Disney Jr. And while we aren't "anti-alcohol" at all - it's not important to us - so the ability to drink around the EPCOT just isn't something we are going to do.

Don't over plan. Definitely make sure he understand the FP thing, ride lines and timing, etc. You know him best. If you guys like to include alcohol in your adult fun at home - then trying drinks at F&W might be something the two of you enjoy.

I think so of the BEST times I've had with my DBF at Disney weren't planned. The lazy time at the resort, the surprise decision to go to a water park, etc, the time we added an additional table service meal because all we wanted to do was rest in the air conditioning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter