First time to DisBoards

operationremie

Mouseketeer
Hello! My name is Jeremie. I'm brand new to this website. A friend of mine from high school told me I should join up cause I love Disney as much as anyone. I'm 31 and from Groton, Connecticut. I use to go to Disney World all the time when I was in my teens. My parents and I probably went 4 or 5 times. I remember when Animal Kingdom was first being built. Barely anything there. And the year Blizzard Beach opened up and I did the giant water slide.

After my grandfather passed away when I was 14 or so, we didn't go back. My mom didn't want to cause of the flying/worried about her mother. Back in 2011, I decided to go to BotCon (a Transformers convention) out in Pasadena, CA and convinced my friend who was going with me to go to Disneyland. We had a huge blast. This year, in February, my mom finally got the nerves to go on a plane and we flew out to Los Angeles, CA to go to GallifreyOne, a Doctor Who convention.

I love conventions lol

While we were out there, I went back to Disneyland and did both Magic Kingdom and California Adventure. Loved every single minute.

So more about me. Well, I'm training myself to be a marathon runner. That's what brought me here. I'm doing the Hartford, CT Half Marathon in October of this year and I just signed up for the runDisney Half Marathon at Walt Disney World in January. It'll be my first time doing the run at Disney. I don't want it to be my last. I'll be bringing my girlfriend with me, who hasn't been to Disney since she was on chemotherapy a few years ago for leukemia and got a trip through Special Wishes. So my plan, even though we are only going to be there from Jan 8-13, is to make this the most amazing time for her as possible. Even though I'll be forcing her to get up at an ungodly hour to go watch me run for 2 hours.

And by making it as amazing as possible is that I want to propose to her. Our 2 year anniversary will be 4 days after we go to Disney so it'll be a kind of anniversary present in her mind.

So I hope, on this website, I can find some help figuring out what I can do.

But I hope to post more. I haven't been to Disney World in 17 years. I'm sure it's changed a lot. So hopefully I can get some new insight too.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter