First time staying at the fort...

vellamint

DIS Veteran
we will be in a cabin and my friends from Oviedo always come and visit while we are in disney. There is only one parking spot by each cabin correct? Will they be let in? If my daughter is in the parking spot then where do they go...?

Thanks

we will be in a cabin and my friends from Oviedo always come and visit while we are in disney. There is only one parking spot by each cabin correct? Will they be let in? If my daughter is in the parking spot then where do they go...?

Thanks

Your friends are more than welcome to visit you at the cabins. You have a few choices to get them back to the cabin, someone can drive your car or take the internal bus to pick them up at the front parking lot. If they know where you are they can take the bus on their own back to the cabins. As you said only one parking spot at the cabins.

I highly recommend renting a golf cart...that way if any visitors need to park at the front parking lot, its easier to ride over and pick them up (depending of course at the size of the group). Make sure to reserve your golf cart early, though, because they do book up quick

Your friends are more than welcome to visit you at the cabins. You have a few choices to get them back to the cabin, someone can drive your car or take the internal bus to pick them up at the front parking lot. If they know where you are they can take the bus on their own back to the cabins. As you said only one parking spot at the cabins.

Sure this is correct. If they know your cabin number and name, they should be allowed into the Fort past the Guard Shack. There is a large parking lot they can park in to meet a member of your group or walk to the big bus stop and catch an internal FW bus (either on the purple or orange line - both go down among the cabin loops). Or you folks can move your car to the parking lot for a few hours when they are coming and let them drive down to you (we've done that too for the campsite when guests came).

Bama Ed

I've seen people put 2 small cars in the one spot, with a bit of each car on the non-paved surfaces. I wouldn't try it though because invariably, I've seen a note on those cars explaining that there is only one parking spot per cabin + room for the cart.

There have been times when we've been staying elsewhere and my parents have been at the Fort, and we've just parked at the main lot and taken the internal bus, no problem. Not a whole lot different than them finding you at another resort, having to look for the building number or floor or room number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter