First time staying at SSR where should i request

imlsherman

Mouseketeer
So this is our first stay at SSR it is me the wife and two princess 5 and 3. What location should we request to make sure that we get a seat on the bus? Thanks everyone.

The Grandstand section is the first stop for theme park buses. It's the second closest section to the Carriage House (The Springs would be the closest).

Current SSR map:
b_800_600_0_1___images_stories_ssr_ssr_orig_200906.jpg

I 2nd the vote for the Grandstand. Its about 8 -12 minute walk depending on how fast you walk. BUT you can hop on the bus and ride around to the main area. The Grandstand has a nice pool area.

If you have the refillable mugs you can refill them in the snack bar at the pool until I think 7 p.m. when the bar closes.

I think if you want to ride the bus from the main area back to the Grandstand that you would have to hop on the DTD bus. At least that is the way it use to be it might have changed. Someone correct me on this.

I'm going to through something else into the mix. The Paddock area has a wonderful newer pool area. This would put you mid range for bus pick up and drop off and not a bad walk to the main building. There is an area at the pool for quick food and mug refilling.

We really enjoyed staying in the Grandstand area when we stayed at SSR and it was maybe a 5-10 minute walk depending on how tired we were. ;)

I'd want to be in Grandstand 8501-8836 building. It's near the boat dock and the path over to the West side. It's also close to main building...and...you can catch bus in the Springs and go directly out to parks...then get off the bus in the Grandstand as it's the 1st stop coming in from the parks. And if you are worried about a crowded bus...just get on AND off at Grandstand (though you have many stops before heading out to the parks).

SSRThemeParkBusMap2.png

We are also staying at SSR for the first time - 4 adults and an almost 3 yo. One of the adults has difficulty walking so we would like to be close to one of the nicer pools. Is one pool better than the other for the little one? Can anyone point me to any pictures on line? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter