First time stay at the Candy Cane Inn...

lorijohnhill

DIS Veteran
coming up shortly. Anything I should know? Any tips? What is the breakfast like? We have the Deluxe room, so I'm not sure what all that entails.

This Dis review is pretty typical of our stays at the CCI: http://blog.wdwinfo.com/2014/09/18/disneyland-good-neighbor-hotel-candy-cane-inn/ We've never stayed in a Deluxe room, so I can't elaborate on that and the review doesn't really discuss it either.

Breakfast runs from 6:30 to 9:30 am every morning. Like the review says, CCI offers an expanded continental breakfast buffet that includes fruit (oranges, apple, bananas), croissants, toast, bagels -- all along with condiments -- danish, donuts, muffins, cereal, hard boiled eggs, Greek yogurt -- there were also cheese cubes -- plus coffee, juice (apple and orange), milk and hot chocolate. There are paper plates, cups, and disposable utensils, so feel free to eat in the breakfast room or poolside, or take food back to your room or on the go to the parks. For us, CCI really offers one of the most convenient included breakfast options for getting an early start at the park.

We love CCI! You can see a link in my sig to my review with pictures. Others have also added pictures. Since we stayed there the first time, we haven't stayed anywhere else. We love being able to grab breakfast quickly before walking over to the parks.

Hot coffee in lobby before the breakfast starts if you are up early!
Deluxe room are a little bigger than the Standard and worth the money....
The staff are a family, and very helpful and friendly.

I Love the Candy Cane too!

Let us know what you think when you return.

--Lori

We always took breakfast to eat on the way to rope drop. I brought a gallon Ziplock to toss a few pastries in and got milk in the coffee cups with lids. Worked well for us. They also had cereal and milk, yogurt, and a few other things that didn't travel well so I didn't pay as much attention to them.

The staff is very accommodating. Don't be afraid to ask for something if you need it. They will be glad to help you.

Last edited:
We just came home last week from a 4 night stay in a premium room. It was our second stay there - our previous was in a standard room in 2013. It was a wonderful stay so we booked a standard again for this most recent trip. We spent 2 nights in San Diego before heading up to Anaheim and on a whim, on our last night, I called and checked if we could upgrade. I'd checked before we left and it wasn't available. That night (Thursday the 11th), I was in luck, we could upgrade for our whole stay (12th-16th). It was $30 more per night and so well worth it. Somehow the breakfast delivered every morning just makes it so much easier. It was our wake up call. We loved it. We loved the bottled water, extra space, bathrobes, welcome amenity. It was so worth it!!

I had been considering the Premium Room, but wasn't sure it would be worth the extra money. What is a "welcome amenity"? What is the diff between the toiletries? Do you order breakfast or do they deliver an assortment from the buffet?

The Premium room has a microwave. They give you a card to hang on your door by midnight with choices from their buffet, the big difference is it's delivered to your room which for us makes it easier to eat while getting ready. The welcome amenity is a popcorn bucket with microwave popcorn, fresh baked cookies, candy canes, Nutri bars, rice Krispy treats, and a Candy Cane Inn pen. You have the option of going to the front desk and getting movie rentals for free, in addition the Premium room has the option of late check out.

For us the extra cost is worth it, my daughter can't eat most of the food offered due to a food allergy, and needs protein with every meal, so I create breakfast for her while at home and freeze it so the microwave comes in really handy to heat up a breakfast she can eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter