• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First time stay at AKL

tink2007

DIS Veteran
My daughter has always wanted to stay at AKL so I planned a 3 night stay before we board our Disney cruise in October. Hope it's as beautiful as it looks.

It is. We stayed there last year at kidani.
My girls were 9,5,1. They were in awe from the time they walked thru the doors. Lobby and rooms were awesome. The pool and waterslide were great.
Had fun activities and learning games by pool. They loved that.
We walked to jambo house for breakfast almost everyday. It was really cool there.
We're staying at port Orleans this sept. Hope they like it just as much.

Have fun

It is. We stayed there last year at kidani. My girls were 9,5,1. They were in awe from the time they walked thru the doors. Lobby and rooms were awesome. The pool and waterslide were great. Had fun activities and learning games by pool. They loved that. We walked to jambo house for breakfast almost everyday. It was really cool there. We're staying at port Orleans this sept. Hope they like it just as much. Have fun

Glad to hear good things.
We stayed at Port Orleans several years ago. Our children were early teens then and they enjoyed it. I loved to walk to breakfast every morning. It's very peaceful. The rooms were okay but I think they have been refurbished since then.
We plan on staying there again in February.

It is truly unique. I hope you love it. Try and make time to explore the resort. There are many areas to view animals and enjoy the atmosphere of the resort. There is great music, smells from the restaurants, gorgeous pool area...
They offer some fun little activities for both children and adults and wonderful cultural representatives are at the animal viewing areas to answer your questions about the animals and about African culture :wizard:

Check out the AKL photos thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1863944

and the FAQ thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3158918

Make sure you take advantage of seeing the animals in the evening with the night vision binoculars. CMs are located at the viewing areas and will have some available for you to use.

My daughter has always wanted to stay at AKL so I planned a 3 night stay before we board our Disney cruise in October. Hope it's as beautiful as it looks.

We loved AKL, it was a great 1st trip resort for us.

AKL is beautiful, make sure to spend some time exploring the resort and grounds. The lovely CM's are so knowledgeable and fun to talk to there.

Have a great trip :thumbsup2

Definitely engage with the CM's.In my experience they enjoy talking about their home and culture.

can't wait! we are staying at AKL in November for the first time. It is great to hear all these great things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter