First time renting Vacation Home, need help

msr709

DISfan forever
First time renting a vacation home and was wondering what your experience has been in regards to what to bring in (besides food) and where do we go for it?? We are 5 adults and 5 children (3 of which are toddlers, 2yo and 3yo). I read they supply dishes, silverware, linen, towels and such but I'm sure not everything is supplied. What was your experience? The home is in Windsor Hill if that helps. TIA :thumbsup2

Everything is supplied except: toilet paper, paper towel, kleenex, garbage bags, dishwasher tabs, dish detergent, laundry detergent, soap, shampoo (personal toiletries). There is usually a starter amount but you will have to get more. Other things like coffee filters, salt/pepper etc may or may not be there. Sometimes pool/beach towels are supplied and sometimes not. All manner of dishes, cookware, cutlery, towels, bedding etc are there. It's the use-upables that you need to get extra. :)
Here's a map to show you where Target and Publix is: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...8.272032,-81.608849&spn=0.068335,0.11055&z=13
Windsor Hills is #1 SuperTarget #134 Publix #20 Walgreens #133

First time renting a vacation home and was wondering what your experience has been in regards to what to bring in (besides food) and where do we go for it?? We are 5 adults and 5 children (3 of which are toddlers, 2yo and 3yo). I read they supply dishes, silverware, linen, towels and such but I'm sure not everything is supplied. What was your experience? The home is in Windsor Hill if that helps. TIA :thumbsup2

What we do is go to the house first and see what is there. Based on that, we make our shopping list and head to the store. Here is a link to a map that shows all the stores and restaurants along 192. http://www.kissimmee-us192.com/map/map2/kiss192map2.htm#2btm

You guys ROCK! :worship: So glad I thought to ask. The links on both replies are really, really helpful since I've only been to WDW and stayed on-site I have no knowledge of what is around there! I was just on the a thread where they were talking about the restaurants in the area so the second Map will be very helpful with that! Again, thanks. I'm off to make my shopping list (We will be checking into the home before we go shopping but I wanted to see if there was anything I could bring from home that we won't need to buy!) Thanks again. :lovestruc Any other suggestions are always welcome. :thumbsup2

Ms Milly

I would contact the home owner and ask what is provided in their home. Each home is owned individually.

Some homes provide pool towels but they are not required by law.

Some may have baby items or in your case toddler items such as toys, bed rails, monitors etc...

Ask many questions to make your holiday as wonderful as possible. The owner can give you the most accurate info. on their home.

We have stayed at Windsor Hills in one of the Disney Themed homes. Very nice place and very pleasant experience. They usually leave a starter amount of toilet paper & maybe a trashbag or two. Always have had plenty of towels..Target is very close to Windsor Hills & Publix..besides food, drinks & toiletries...I would get a small amount of laundry detergent, dish soap, bring a couple of trash bags from home (thin enough to put in suitcase/carryon), paper towels/napkins..we just bought disposable plates, silver ware & cups..cheapo kind...we did not feel like washing dishes on vacation :lmao: It's is a very nice place and very clean too

We are staying with amazingdisneyhomes.com and they sent us a checklist of what is included free. Ask the property owner. We have toiletries, paper products even coffee provided free. We should not have to bring anything from home other than food and toiletries of we want both those are also included.

Definitely inquire with the homeowner. On our upcoming trip we were told that the house doesn't provide pool towels so we are bringing our own. We've always brought our own trash bags, paper towels, laundry pods, dish soap and sponge, bath soap and toiletries. Once, we had to buy a plunger because there wasn't one in the house. That was fun. :headache:

If you know you plan to cook/eat something specific, mention it to the homeowner. My kids like frozen pizza but the house we rented didn't have a pizza pan and I didn't feel comfortable just putting it on the rack and possibly making a mess.

I will say, I've not had a bad experience with amenities in rental homes. One house had all-clad stainless steel pots and pans.

Check with the owner. Most Windsor Hills houses are very nicely equipped and will come with everything you initially need, but as others have said, what exactly that is varies slightly from house to house.

Definitely inquire with the homeowner. On our upcoming trip we were told that the house doesn't provide pool towels so we are bringing our own. . . .

We are renting through All Star Vacation Homes, would they even give us the owners information? I would think that they rent through this agency so not to have to bother with the renters,:rolleyes1 but I really don't know. At least that's the way it works with the homes up here?? Has anyone rented through ASVH? :confused:

As an aside, for the future I wouldn't rent through a middle-man like All*Star. You're paying a mark-up and not getting anything extra for it. That being said, All*Star should be able to give you the answers to your question for the home you are renting.

we rented from Romancing the Mouse and had an initial supply of everything. Since we drove, I brought extra tp. We went to super target twice, but it was just for fresh food. Never needed laundry products or dish washer soap. We always bring our own toiletries because we like our own brands so no need for those little ones.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Quick note that there is a Super Target within 2 miles or so for any thing you might forget!
Barbie

We rented through orlandovillas.com and all villas wee completely socked along with a gift basket.

When you rent through Orlandovillas you are actually renting direct from the owner as orlandovillas.com is a listing site

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter