first time post covid, trying to wrap my head around dining changes--please help

Mousefan mom

Mouseketeer
We are that family that has always done the DDP, booked reservations months out, and then changed them, planned meticulously--etc. We are going in July and trying to embrace the fact that I won't have to rush and stress about dining reservations, fast passes, etc....having said that, I have no idea what the new "normal" is like down there. Please provide tips, suggestions, etc.

If I understand correctly, all quick service is mobile ordering--but is it just as easy as when we are ready to eat, we mobile or do we need to do this a head of time, etc. I'm not seeing much of any table service availability--are they offering any walk up, or wait lists, etc. or do you actually need a hard core ADR?

Thank you!

In regards to ADRs, I would try to book at least 1 sit down meal per day in advance. Things do seem to open up a day or two before but you have to keep looking and grab it as soon as you see it.

first- I don't think the lack of the dining plan has any relation to not doing reservations. In fact- I think the opposite. It's more important now to have ADRs because since there is less staffing at restaurants, there is less chance of openings for walkups. Such that- first- watch like a hawk to grab any reservations you can now. That should get better as they open up more tables with capacity- but not much because it's more a staffing issue.
You can always try for walk up, but I'd probably lean more towards hitting quick service places at off times. Lunch at 11AM sharp! etc. Otherwise you will deal with hour waits for food etc.

Mobile ordering in Epcot makes no sense when you can walk up to the events kiosks and order in person. It’s a contradiction.

Some QS restaurants don't do mobile ordering, mostly the non-Disney run ones like La Cantina in Epcot.

We are that family that has always done the DDP, booked reservations months out, and then changed them, planned meticulously--etc. We are going in July and trying to embrace the fact that I won't have to rush and stress about dining reservations, fast passes, etc....having said that, I have no idea what the new "normal" is like down there. Please provide tips, suggestions, etc.

If I understand correctly, all quick service is mobile ordering--but is it just as easy as when we are ready to eat, we mobile or do we need to do this a head of time, etc. I'm not seeing much of any table service availability--are they offering any walk up, or wait lists, etc. or do you actually need a hard core ADR?

Thank you!
If you intend to eat at any TS restaurant, you should definitely be making your ADRs now.

As for mobile ordering, you should order your lunch as early as possible. The mobile ordering process lets you choose the time you want to pick up your food, and as the morning progresses, lunchtime pickups move to later and later times. I'm guessing the same thing happens for dinner.

Enjoy your trip! We were just there last month and it was great to be back . . . and you get fireworks!!!

On our way home from a fantastic Disney trip. I did no ADRs and no Table service.

We made lunch quick service reservations while in line for our first ride of the day.

Could not have been easier for our group of 7.

Counter service menus have come a long way and had something for everyone and good food! And it's convenient and easy.

Our food at Pizza Rizzos was ready a little too early and I got a screen that I lost our food, but we arrived and the cast members waved us through, no problem.

Ordered for dinner at Pecos Bill's about 2 pm in Magic Kingdom for last night at 6:40. So nice to walk up, get your food, table and eat.

Social distancing is really not much of a thing anymore at Disney.

Maybe some staffing shortages, but it's not noticeable. Except that parking lot trams are not running, yet.

Last edited:
As others have said, if wanting to dine at a table service spot, ADRs are highly advisable given the limited availability/capacity. For most Disney Springs and the Swan/Dolphin resort restaurants, you can also check OpenTable for reservations. We've often been successful in securing a reservation there when the Disney system showed no availability.

Not every walk up place has mobile ordering but many do. When I was there last week, I never had to order way head to get food, but you might need to if you have to eat at a set time.

Mobile ordering in Epcot makes no sense when you can walk up to the events kiosks and order in person. It’s a contradiction.
What does this even mean? It's been pretty clear that not all QS places use mobile ordering, mostly snack kiosk type places do not. No idea how that's a contradiction, and it's like that at every park not just Epcot.

Just got back from a week long trip. You need to get ADRs for any sit down restaurants you want. Capacity is increasing but the restaurants are not yet. Maybe with the return of the college program, more will open but there was almost never walk up available for our week. As for quick service, we usually selected our lunch time and placed our order either on the way to the park in the morning or while waiting for our first ride. For dinner, we were able to grab times later in the afternoon.

We are going towards the end of October so I'm hoping things will be a little easier to do then. Capacity should increase for restaurants and mobile orders should be easier...what do you think? right now it's slowly increasing bit by bit and I've heard many stories about having to put in a mobile order for lunch during breakfast...do you think they'll be easier to do later in the fall?

There are a few non mobile ordering places. Yak & Yeti Local, Friar Tuck & Sleepy Hallow come to mind.

We are going towards the end of October so I'm hoping things will be a little easier to do then. Capacity should increase for restaurants and mobile orders should be easier...what do you think? right now it's slowly increasing bit by bit and I've heard many stories about having to put in a mobile order for lunch during breakfast...do you think they'll be easier to do later in the fall?

Probably but it's not like you have to put in a mobile order 2 months in advance. Just wait until the month of travel and see where things are at that point...

From Disney Food Blog:

QS places offering mobile ordering

MAGIC KINGDOM

Aloha Isle
Casey’s Corner
Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe
The Friar’s Nook
Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe
Pinocchio Village Haus
Columbia Harbour House
Tomorrowland Terrace
The Lunching Pad
Sleepy Hollow Refreshments
Sunshine Tree Terrace

ANIMAL KINGDOM

Harambe Market
Pizzafari
Satu’li Canteen
Flame Tree Barbecue
Restaurantosaurus

EPCOT

Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue
Sunshine Seasons

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

ABC Commissary
Backlot Express
Catalina Eddie’s
Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo
Fairfax Fare
Milk Stand
PizzeRizzo
Ronto Roasters
Rosie’s All-American Cafe
Woody’s Lunch Box

DISNEY WORLD RESORTS

Beach Club Marketplace at Beach Club Resort
BoardWalk Bakery at BoardWalk Inn
Pizza Window at BoardWalk Inn
Contempo Café at Contemporary Resort
Capt. Cook’s at Polynesian Village Resort
Everything POP Shopping & Dining at Pop Century Resort
Centertown Market at Caribbean Beach Resort
Spyglass Grill at Caribbean Beach Resort
The Mara at Animal Kingdom Lodge
End Zone Food Court at All-Star Sports Resort
Gasparilla Island Grill at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
World Premiere Food Court at All-Star Movies Resort
Intermission Food Court at All-Star Music Resort
Landscape of Flavors at Art of Animation
Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory at Port Orleans French Quarter
Riverside Mill Food Court at Disney’s Port Orleans – Riverside
Primo Piatto at Disney’s Riviera Resort
Roaring Fork at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
P&J’s Southern Takeout at The Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
The Artist’s Palette at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort
The Market at Ale & Compass at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort

DISNEY’S BLIZZARD BEACH WATER PARK

Avalunch
Lottawatta Lodge
Warming Hut

DISNEY SPRINGS

D-Luxe Burger
The Polite Pig offers online ordering; however, it is available via politepig.com, and not the My Disney Experience Mobile Order process.
Cookes of Dublin also offers online ordering; however, it is available via the Cookes of Dublin website and mobile app and not the My Disney Experience Mobile Order process.
Chicken Guy! offers online ordering; however, it is available via chickenguy.com, and not the My Disney Experience Mobile Order process; Guests may also simply scan the QR code on display when arriving at the restaurant.
Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company in Disney Springs offers online ordering; however, it is available via Joffrey’s online, and not the My Disney Experience Mobile Order process. (Please Note: online ordering is only available at the Disney Springs storefront location.)

So best thing to do is find your “must do” table service restaurants and book ADR 60 days out first thing in the morning and you will have similar luck to what you would have at 180 pre covid?
then, pick a time you want to eat lunch and mobile order your QS during breakfast time? Will you be able to choose your lunch time to pick up or once you mobile order you have to pick up when they say to?

does anyone have the list of current TS restaurants that are offering ADR? We go oct 30 so I know a lot will change but curious.

Mobile ordering is incredibly easy to do now and works great. Hard to imagine it getting easier. We were in the parks on busy days over Memorial Day Weekend and never had trouble mobile ordering...always got an immediate slot or within 30 min

Mobile ordering is incredibly easy to do now and works great. Hard to imagine it getting easier. We were in the parks on busy days over Memorial Day Weekend and never had trouble mobile ordering...always got an immediate slot or within 30 min

Same. We've gone on multiple "sold out" days and have never waited more than 20-30 minutes for a mobile order slot.

Mobile ordering is SO EASY and I hope they never scale it back (esp the "your order must be ready before you snag a table" part - it's great!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter