First Time on a Disney Cruise - Sailing on the Fantasy on June 30

helloconnie

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
Hey there Disney fanatics! My family is embarking on our first ever Disney cruise at the end of June! I am so excited! I have been studying up and think I have a pretty good handle on things but any advice from a seasoned DCL Castaway would be appreciated!

We are doing the Eastern Caribbean itenary on the Fantasy. We have two boys ages 3 and 6. I have already booked Remy for the first night and Palo for the 5th night, which is also the 4th of July. I have been trying to get a massage booked but the availabilty is limited to mostly shore excursion days.

Heu there Disney fanatics! My family is embarking on our first ever Disney cruise at the end of June! I am so excited! I have been studying up and think I have a pretty good handle on things but any advice from a seasoned DCL Castaway would be appreciated!

We are doing the Eastern Caribbean itenary on the Fantasy. We have two boys ages 3 and 6. I have already booked Remy for the first night and Palo for the 5th night, which is also the 4th of July. I ahve been trying to get a massage booked but the availabilty is limited to mostly shore excursion days.

Hello!!!

We are on that cruise as well. I think you will love it!!! We have done the Eastern Itinerary several times and often just take a taxi to the beaches. Sometimes we will do DCL excursions. This time, though, we may just spend more time onboard enjoying all the Fantasy has to offer. she is proving to be a fantastic ship. Once onboard make sure you check out the spa for appointments. You may find availability then.

Can't wait!!!!! We have a group of about 25 people going. I hear it may be close to a full sailing. I saw the ship (from the outside) when she was in NY in Feb/March and can't wiat to actually board her!!

There is a Meets thread for this cruise over on the Meets board. Pop over if you have not yet and say hello there as well.

MJ

Heu there Disney fanatics! My family is embarking on our first ever Disney cruise at the end of June! I am so excited! I have been studying up and think I have a pretty good handle on things but any advice from a seasoned DCL Castaway would be appreciated!

We are doing the Eastern Caribbean itenary on the Fantasy. We have two boys ages 3 and 6. I have already booked Remy for the first night and Palo for the 5th night, which is also the 4th of July. I ahve been trying to get a massage booked but the availabilty is limited to mostly shore excursion days.
You may want to book the massage on board - availability tends to be more open once you get there - at least in my massage booking experiences.

It's our first cruise too!! My husband, daughter (8yrs) and I are getting so excited! We only booked 2 things: pirate makeover at BBB and the Caribbean sea, safari, snorkel excursion at St. Thomas. I'm hoping to get a brunch reservation when onboard, but we'll see! Just 7 weeks to go!

Hello we are also on the same cruise don't forget to check us out on the cruise meet sight. We are being pretty realized when it comes to excursions probably just walk around and do some shopping then find a beach on our own. As for the spa I would wait when we were on a full ship in March we had no problem getting ressies once on board. Is it June yet.

We are on this cruise as well. :cool1: Has anyone ever gone to Sapphire beach or Coki beach?

After doing some research it looks like we will be at St Thomas/St. Johns on July 4th and there is some kind of parade/party all day on the 4th. So not only will the Fantasy be in port, the Freedom of the Seas too AND all the locals for the celebration of a holiday. Not sure what to do this day as we were just planning a trip to Sapphire beach.

Just wondering if or how this will affect things. Anyone been to these islands on the 4th of July?

Im going on the same cruise and I think were eating at Palo the same night. Picked that night because we couldn't get any of our At Sea nights and figured that was our best day since we have to be back on the boat at 3:30.

We are on this cruise as well. :cool1: Has anyone ever gone to Sapphire beach or Coki beach?

After doing some research it looks like we will be at St Thomas/St. Johns on July 4th and there is some kind of parade/party all day on the 4th. So not only will the Fantasy be in port, the Freedom of the Seas too AND all the locals for the celebration of a holiday. Not sure what to do this day as we were just planning a trip to Sapphire beach.

Just wondering if or how this will affect things. Anyone been to these islands on the 4th of July?

We have been to Sapphire Beach several times....we like it there!!

MJ

Coki Beach is nice--not crowded at all, good snorkeling and swimming. It is right across the parking lot from Coral World if that is an interest. There are sometimes discount admission coupons on line at their web site and/or in the tourist magazine that is free at the port.

Also on same cruise- must be a packed ship! See you all soon- hope you can all come to the meet and greet.

CmBar---

We have been to Sapphire Beach several times. We just grab a cab at port & it's a very easy trip. The beach is beautiful. They rent chairs & snorkeling equipment at the beach & it's very reasonable. They also sell drinks & food. We've always had great service, all is affordable.

Have a wonderful vacation!

Welcome aboard! We are on the same cruise and yes it is a packed (sold out) ship. We have 3 FE groups going (2 closed 1 may still be open) and lots of first time cruisers...like us. Follow that link to our thread and join us on facebook too!

CmBar---

We have been to Sapphire Beach several times. We just grab a cab at port & it's a very easy trip. The beach is beautiful. They rent chairs & snorkeling equipment at the beach & it's very reasonable. They also sell drinks & food. We've always had great service, all is affordable.

Have a wonderful vacation!

Oh Thank you so much ! Just checking....Do they have restrooms??
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter