First Time off site and hoompas

CRdisMom

DIS Veteran
I did it! We survived 10 days at WDW.:cool1: For the first time in many years we stayed off site.

I have tons of photos. Over 300 on my photo pass alone:thumbsup2

74140_1678149201838_1480747779_1699102_4850662_n.jpg

Hi Laura!! Can't wait to read all about it!!! :banana:

We were up and ready to go by 8 am. Our driver didn't get to our house until 9.The girls were bouncing off the walls but soon the door bell rang and there was grandpa the driver. :rotfl2: All our luggage got piled in to the back of the mountainer and off to the airport. One good thing about flying out of terminal 2 in Minneapolis is that is rarely busy. We were the only ones in line for security. Good thing too because it was Katie's first time through. Tim flies weekly so he is a pro. But here I am a as a pack mule with everything. Figured taking pictures at the security check point my take me on a trip I didn't want to go on so trust me I was loaded down. but soon we were thru :banana:

We had nearly 2.5 hours to kill so off to breakfast. They only have one resturant there and it is not kid friendly. :confused3

Beth and I ordered the yougart
076.jpg

Tim got the eggs.
077.jpg

We picked at them. Just okay but for the price I was hoping for better.

The airport also has a playset. The girls loved it!
082.jpg

080.jpg

081.jpg

Soon on the plane. We flew southwest for the first time. We had A group boarding. Tim, Katie and Beth sat on one side and I sat on the other.
085.jpg
Not a good choice. :headache:Too much fighting over the window. That was changed when we landed in St. Louis for our connection. I was not sure of the connection but it worked out well because it gave them a chance to run of some steam

But soon we were in MCO. I had set up a car thru alamo. I had not used my Costco card:rolleyes1 Thus no dual drivers. Tim upgraded us for $10 more a day to a full size. Thank god because we needed the space for all of our steamer trunks :goodvibes

Our condo was 30 min for the airport in Kissimmee. We would be 5 miles from MK front door.

Not a bad layout
067.jpg

090.jpg

091.jpg

092.jpg

plus there was a master suite with a king bed and bathroom. Not bad for $70 night:cool1:

After getting all unpacked we waited for my Dsis and Dbil (known forward as E/S)to arrive from GA. They were going to spend a few days with us. I figured it was a win-win as we (tim & I ) could sneak a few min to ourselves while they were there.

The next morning we had to get up really early. I had to get our GAD passes exchanged, get to BBB by 8 am!:scared1: I forgot how much work that could be. We were out the door by 7:15. Should have been enough time bute traffic on 192 was crazy. Hello there are school buses? DUh this is a real town...we rolled into the parking lot at 7:40. Had to pay for parking this morning as I hadn't picked up my AP yet.

Front Row parking!!!:banana::banana::banana:
096.jpg

The ticketbooths were closedas was will call...it was 7:50 by now. We jumped on the monorail and prayed that guest services could take care of. Guess what they did! I forgot to get my AP and TIW in the rush to get to BBB.

099.jpg

103.jpg

Love the BBB. I got the outfits from Costco. Those skirts were the best. I knew that they wouldn't tolerate the scratchiness of the princess dress and they wanted to be fancy. I got soooo many positive comments on them. PLus with Beth being a rock star princess it all worked nicely.

I had tears in my eyes watching them get their hair done. The photopass photographer took a ton of photos.

114.jpg

115.jpg

Katie was done first. Believe it or not there was no crying getting their hair brushed. Only if that would happen at home:rolleyes1

118.jpg

124.jpg

We had 10:10 ressies for CRT..we had some time to kill. And the drop drop hadn't happened. So we hit the main street bakery. We all had Krispy Kremes. Oh how do I miss those donuts. :cloud9: Then off to ride some before E/S joined us at CRT.

130.jpg

Great start Laura! Your house looks great, especially for the price! The girls look so beautiful, and those skirts are original and fun! Looking forward to more!

So off we go to CRT. E/S are taking their sweet time getting there. I think they finally get about 10:20. They were still able to seat us all. I forgot since there were 6 of us we would get 2 pics with Cindy :banana::banana: I am waiting on my photo pass so nt group pci :(

Soon the princesses were out. I think we got some of the B squad. :confused3
142.jpg

141.jpg

I didn't take food pics too consumed with princesses. I had the stuffed french toast and Tim had the standard fare--eggs, bacon, hashbrowns. The girls had mickey pancakes. None was eaten :laughing: When we were done I asked for the receipt and she said we didn't need it as we had pre paid D'oh moment #1 for the trip.

As we were walking out I also had realized i had picked up my AP or TIW card. So i prayed I could use it retroactively. I figured no but it was worth a shot so E/S took the girls and Tim and I were off to guest services but first who do we see...

133.jpg

We get to guest services at the gate and the line was CRAZY long so we hopped the ferry back to the TTC.

Laura,

I would love a little more info on the condo if you could, location, travel times to the parks, etc.

Thanks in advance

Hi Laura!
Loving the TR so far! Can't wait to see all the pics you took. The girls looked fantastic after their visit to BBB!! Your skirts and shirts were just the right touch. :thumbsup2

So off we go to CRT. E/S are taking their sweet time getting there. I think they finally get about 10:20. They were still able to seat us all. I forgot since there were 6 of us we would get 2 pics with Cindy :banana::banana: I am waiting on my photo pass so nt group pci :(

So are you glad you did CRT this trip? You know that has been my one worry about the trip :rolleyes1. We're not doing the "castle" but she's having dinner at Akershus and 1900 Park Fair so I'm hoping that will work.

Also, how did Katie do with her hair being pulled up all day? I'm a smidge worried I'm going to hear "owwie" by noon. :headache: Mia saw the picture of the girls with the step sisters and is going nuts. She puts the dancing banana :banana: to shame! :rotfl2:

As soon as she saw the picture of "that princess" Beth, she said "see that princess, I lobe her!" :rotfl2:

Oh, also I wanted to ask you how Katie did with pin trading.

i was on princess overload by day 3. CRT, Askerhus and 1900 all have about the same group. You'll be fine.

Does she generally do well with her hair being done? They really do a good job on making the kids comfortable.

Tell Mia we lobe her too!

The condo as in the lindfields development, west on 192. It took us a good 15 min to get from the condo to the front of TTC. I think that is about average for places out in kissismee. The website for the condo is https://grandpalmsorlandovacations.com/home.html It is owned by DD best friend's dad. We did like it

Soon the princesses were out. I think we got some of the B squad. :confused3
142.jpg

141.jpg

I didn't take food pics too consumed with princesses. I had the stuffed french toast and Tim had the standard fare--eggs, bacon, hashbrowns. The girls had mickey pancakes. None was eaten :laughing: When we were done I asked for the receipt and she said we didn't need it as we had pre paid D'oh moment #1 for the trip.

As we were walking out I also had realized i had picked up my AP or TIW card. So i prayed I could use it retroactively. I figured no but it was worth a shot so E/S took the girls and Tim and I were off to guest services but first who do we see...

133.jpg

We get to guest services at the gate and the line was CRAZY long so we hopped the ferry back to the TTC.

Yikes! Aurora looks downright :eek:

I love how the "spoilre sistrers" are hanging out near the castle! :rotfl2:

So are you glad you did CRT this trip? You know that has been my one worry about the trip :rolleyes1. We're not doing the "castle" but she's having dinner at Akershus and 1900 Park Fair so I'm hoping that will work.

Also, how did Katie do with her hair being pulled up all day? I'm a smidge worried I'm going to hear "owwie" by noon. :headache: Mia saw the picture of the girls with the step sisters and is going nuts. She puts the dancing banana :banana: to shame! :rotfl2:

As soon as she saw the picture of "that princess" Beth, she said "see that princess, I lobe her!" :rotfl2:

Oh, also I wanted to ask you how Katie did with pin trading.

That is just too precious!:lovestruc I'm sure she will have a great time at Askerhaus!

taking a while to get this updated but have a ton of photos now that I ordered my photopass cd

Yay Laura! I'm getting all teary eyed over the pictures of your girls! I get to take my princess to BBB in January (crosses fingers).

Keep going! I can't wait to see the rest.

Still can't get over that condo for the price of a value resort!

So as E/S hvae the girls, Tim and I off to get our tickets upgraded and practice riding the line ride:rotfl2:.

We had done the GAD promo and when we got our passes that morning I was so concerne about getting to BBB on time I just let the fact that we needed to upgrade our tickets and get the TIW card slip my mind. We heade to the guest services at MK. The LINE was INSANE! So we jumped on the ferry and headed over to the TTC, BAD CHOICE:scared1:. I think we stood next to the loudest CM ever. And that is coming from me mind you. ;) Anyway, we were able to get our tickets upgraded to 7 day park hoppers and one annual pass. The poor CM was so confused. But we got them and headed back to guest services at MK because I needed to get my TIW card. I asked if I would be able to get a retroactive discount on CRT and they called the mgr and she said yes as long as I go back to CRT, :banana: Disney is the best for taking care of people. Unfortunately Tim and I wasted nearly the WHOLE morning dealing with this stuff. As a bonus, I was checking my visa stmt and they credited the whole cost of the CRT. :confused3

Anyway E/S hit Dumbo, carosel.

72260_1603783544733_1540441609

We caught the celebrate parade.
153.jpg

We met up and headed out towards frontieer land. And who do we see...
162.jpg

Unfortunately this was the day we made our rookie mistake. The line for BTMRR was 70 min:scared1: I said nah it doesn't look that long. :confused3 Well it was, after 45 min and a ton of complaining later we bailed! I did the walk of shame out of the ride. Best choice as the troops were soooo tired. It as nearly 3:30 and we had ressies at WCC. So we took the boat to the WL and snooped around. Katie was tired

167.jpg

She laid down for a bit and rested. We looked around and found tons of things to buy in the gift shop. We held off because it was only the first day.:laughing:

WCC is such a fun place! Guess who needed ketchup. Katie stoood up on her chair and yelled I NEED KETCHUP....Katie had 10 bottles rushed to her. She didn't know what to think but after a bit she got the opportunity to return the ketchup to someone else. We all laughed soo hard. Soon it was time for the horse race.

178.jpg

I had the trout and Tim has the BBQ. Very yummy food!
172.jpg

173.jpg

We had decided that Tim and katie would head back to the condo while E/S, beth and I would head back to MK to catch a few more rides. I love MK at night:lovestruc

218.jpg

222.jpg

I have never seen spectro. I have only seen the electrical light parade. How that has happened I don't know. We left soon after that. It was a long day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter